Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: PRG Products  (Read 6480 times)

2013nick

• 4wd Pts: 5
    • 2013 xterra S 4x4
PRG Products
« on: May 04, 2017, 12:45:14 PM »
I ordered a lift kit a month ago and have not received any word from them, I emailed, called, and left messages.  Has anyone actually received anything from PRG lately?  If so how long did it take to get to you or even shipped at all?

JeffBett

• 4wd Pts: 26
    • 06 Xterra
Re: PRG Products
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 03:06:15 PM »
Dave ordered a lift from them and after a month or more he finally go in touch with them by phone and found out they forgot to ship.  They shipped that day but I guess things fall through the cracks there.  Keep trying a various times throughout the day.

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 03:10:30 PM »
Just keep calling every 1/2 hour ,he'll pick up
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 03:13:02 PM by Jayrat »
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 05:04:06 PM »
He's pretty much a one man show.  Best bet is to call first thing in the morning to catch him before he starts working on orders, leave a voicemail every time you call.
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

valentin36

• 4wd Pts: 7
    • 2012 Nissan Xterra S
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 10:04:28 PM »
I was in the same boat as Dave, took forever to get my order and he would forget to ship stuff. To this day I never got my cam bolts. Just ordered some off Amazon Prime already here and installed.

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 10:55:13 AM »
this is an age old issue with Xterra guys; Greg at PRG or Nisstec

Similar products, not-so similar customer service experiences, but where Greg fails as far as accountability, he makes up in deals and acknowledging that he's behind, or late, etc., and will throw stuff in or knock off a few bucks to retain your business.

I've dealt w/ both on smaller purchases, and you can't go wrong with either of them, but Greg is located in CA, thus a little less on shipping.

My .02

beedee

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 02:08:40 PM »
Good luck...I'd never order anything from that guy after the horror stories I've read on TNX.

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 02:33:16 PM »
Good luck...I'd never order anything from that guy after the horror stories I've read on TNX.
Don't trust most people on TNX
most of them just complain about anything they can
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2017, 02:34:47 PM »
funny cause I've had nothing but problems with Nisstec and never a problem with Greg.

Pretty sure Nisstec still owes me $100 for axle cores lol.
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2017, 05:20:49 PM »

*Big gasp*................ Nuh uh, say it ain't so?
Isaiah 6:8

beedee

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 09:42:50 AM »

My buddy with a Frontier just shared his craptastic PRG experience with me last night. It is going on two months and counting....I trust him (my buddy), and saw the wrong parts that were sent.

ultrapc40

• 4wd Pts: 47
  • Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2017, 03:39:24 PM »
It's a constant issue with niche vehicle market. These are mom and pop business, and most can't scale the way their client expect. The margin of profit on a lift is really not that much.

I own a 2002, so I have seen the exact same issue with calmini, then SLR then comes PRG, now Nisstec and insane Fab. Good help in the fabrication industry is really hard to find.

In most cases they are not tying to steal from you, they are fabricator first and business man second. If you are ordering I would recommend not going directly to the manfacture. Pay a little extra and order from a reseller like Xterra performance or 4x4parts. They order much higher volume product from these manufacture and have a relationship, so when they call to chase, they will pick up.

I understand the struggle you are in, I have been through it with calmini and SLR before.

Just my 2 cents.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2017, 04:18:09 PM »
In most cases they are not tying to steal from you, they are fabricator first and business man second.

Core of the issue right there.

Customers get caught up in this and the results are disastrous at best.

Let me tell you about John Nesvig/Fangars of Xoskel sometime...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

2013nick

• 4wd Pts: 5
    • 2013 xterra S 4x4
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2017, 08:12:47 AM »
I feel like I have been working nonstop since I posted this.  I just received my lift kit last night.  After I posted this, I went to PayPal and disputed the charge and attached a message to that.  Not an hour later I get a call from Greg apologizing for the delay and he expressed his confusion as to why my package hadn't been shipped.  He even offered a discount on any future items I need. I never though he would intentionally steal my money but with out PayPal I fear that may have happened. 

I had read people's reviews of PRG and feared this could/would happen so I very quickly checkout with PayPal knowing they offer security and help with issues like this. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2017, 08:55:34 AM »
Glad to hear it was resolved. As others have said, this is an unfortunate reality when dealing with businesses that support such a niche market. As Spencer said, they're typically not very savvy business people, and it puts more ownership on the consumer to ensure the process goes the way they expect it to (you did the right thing by using Paypal to protect yourself). No excuses here, just a reality of the world we live in when we choose to own/modify a platform that is not mainstream (Jeep, Toyota, etc).

For what it's worth, I've personally never had any big issues dealing with PRG... I thoroughly read everyone's concerns and previous issues before placing my first order, and went into the situation with proper expectations and prepared to be a bit of a pest to get things accomplished. I did have to bug him once or twice on some things in the past, but again, with proper expectations, I was never disappointed with my experience. He's a good dude with great intentions who is often times in way over his head. I do understand that others have had horrible experiences, and it's a bummer that it happened that way for them. But at the end of the day, he's got a vast knowledge of our platforms and has developed some great products for us, and most of us are very thankful for the support he offers the Nissan community.