Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: RikRong's BluX build...Sshhiinnyyy....  (Read 121294 times)

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
Re: RikRong's BluX build...GONE to Moab May 2019
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2016, 08:40:14 AM »
I ran no sway bar before my titan swap, it really isn't much difference before and after swapping.  the timbrens up front really helped with limiting body roll with 600lb springs, it would roll over pretty hard until the bumpstops kicked in then it was really stable.  Running 700lb springs now, and it handles like a dream on road, little rougher off road but still handles great.
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2016, 11:22:22 AM »
I ran no sway bar before my titan swap, it really isn't much difference before and after swapping.  the timbrens up front really helped with limiting body roll with 600lb springs, it would roll over pretty hard until the bumpstops kicked in then it was really stable.  Running 700lb springs now, and it handles like a dream on road, little rougher off road but still handles great.
I have SuperBumps in the mail, we'll see how those do.  I'm also going to start shopping around for some heavier springs in the same length as the ones I'm running now.  The truck doesn't handle too bad at all, but I think about 50 more pounds in the spring will be perfect.
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

knightrider

• Administrator
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2016, 11:04:14 AM »
Just a tip for the bumpstops.  The LCA has 2 holes for the stock bumpstops, the outer hole is for the threaded stud and the inner hole is to prevent the bumpstop from spinning.  drill out the inner hole and mount the bumpstop there instead of the outer hole that the stock bumpstop uses, you will get much more engagement on the frame mounted bump plate.
Jordan - K6XTE

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2016, 12:35:49 PM »
Just a tip for the bumpstops.  The LCA has 2 holes for the stock bumpstops, the outer hole is for the threaded stud and the inner hole is to prevent the bumpstop from spinning.  drill out the inner hole and mount the bumpstop there instead of the outer hole that the stock bumpstop uses, you will get much more engagement on the frame mounted bump plate.
Thanks, I'll take a look at that.  The stops I have in there right now don't even close to the strike plate.  Luckily, I've only topped the strut once so far.  I've also considered tapping the strike plate and putting the bump stop there.  What is your opinion?  Is it better on the LCA or on the strike plate? 
R. Long

knightrider

• Administrator
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2016, 04:07:28 PM »
Yea I thought about mounting them to the frame instead of the LCA but didn't.  I think there may be some benefit to enlarging the strike plate as well, when squishing the soft timbrens, they will conform around the narrow strike plate, but this may be a good thing, allows a little more compression of the bumpstops.  I am on my second set of timbrens, the first set showed no signs of wear but they were seized to the LCA so I had to rip the rubber from the threaded metal collar to remove them from my old LCA's so timbren sent me a new set because they consider that a failure(great customer service).
Jordan - K6XTE

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2016, 08:05:25 PM »
Yea I thought about mounting them to the frame instead of the LCA but didn't.  I think there may be some benefit to enlarging the strike plate as well, when squishing the soft timbrens, they will conform around the narrow strike plate, but this may be a good thing, allows a little more compression of the bumpstops.  I am on my second set of timbrens, the first set showed no signs of wear but they were seized to the LCA so I had to rip the rubber from the threaded metal collar to remove them from my old LCA's so timbren sent me a new set because they consider that a failure(great customer service).

I went ahead and installed the Super Bumps on the LCA. I drilled out and tapped the hole that was further inboard. Comparison shot of the universal stops.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
R. Long

Toro

• 4wd Pts: 126
  • yep, Dos XX and Chipotle
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2016, 09:59:24 AM »
That guy is pretty big, does it interfere with travel?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2016, 01:35:59 PM »
That guy is pretty big, does it interfere with travel?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
It feels like it is hitting under compression, but they are pretty soft and compress a lot. I checked flex and rebound by running through the desert on Tuesday. I'm sure it limits travel, but it didn't seem to limit it by much. I need to break out a jack and actually measure travel.

R. Long

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #113 on: October 26, 2016, 10:44:48 PM »
It feels like it is hitting under compression, but they are pretty soft and compress a lot. I checked flex and rebound by running through the desert on Tuesday. I'm sure it limits travel, but it didn't seem to limit it by much. I need to break out a jack and actually measure travel.

Does anyone near you have a flex ramp? Maybe you could get on one of those and see what it's doing. Either way your build is looking really nice.
Isaiah 6:8

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2016, 07:12:37 AM »
  Does anyone near you have a flex ramp? Maybe you could get on one of those and see what it's doing. Either way your build is looking really nice.
I'll have to check. I'm sure GreenGoon has one at his shop. However, here's a couple pics from this weekend. The stop IS slightly hurting up travel, I think I need to trim it a little.

R. Long

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2016, 07:36:16 AM »
I didn't know you were near the Goon. I'm sure you will get everything dialed in with him. He's a good dude with a Bad-A X.
Isaiah 6:8

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2016, 09:22:56 AM »
I didn't know you were near the Goon. I'm sure you will get everything dialed in with him. He's a good dude with a Bad-A X.
Yessir, he's only about 45 minutes away.

R. Long

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2017, 09:20:34 AM »
Installed Cover King seat covers from the group buy.  I was able to store everything that I had in the back of my previous seat covers, except my fire extinguisher.  I'll get a few more packs to go on the driver's seat.  As I sat in the seat on the way to work today, I did notice the fabric starting to settle a little bit.  Hopefully, it'll soften up and go into place a little better.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 06:37:47 PM by RikRong »
R. Long

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2017, 02:07:12 PM »
Those look nice Rick!

I'm not sooo happy with my Shittybilt seat cover's that I got last Black Friday....
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2017, 06:35:20 PM »
Those look nice Rick!

I'm not sooo happy with my Shittybilt seat cover's that I got last Black Friday....
Thanks! Can you see the pics? They're not showing on Tapatalk.

Not impressed with the Smitty's? I had Rugged Ridge Jeep covers prior and they were great.

R. Long