Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Spotted Sat Sept 1 - Comming down the mountain from Big Bear  (Read 4360 times)

scottmen

• 4wd Pts: 12
Spotted Sat Sept 1 - Comming down the mountain from Big Bear
« on: September 07, 2012, 11:21:10 AM »
Saw a lifted 2nd gen with an after market bumper. I thought I saw a SCXC sticker in my rear view but I was hard to see out since I was so packed. I was heading home around 8 or 9 in the morning. Didn't really get a good look as he was headed up and me down and it was on a curve.

MaxPower

• 4wd Pts: 18
Re: Spotted Sat Sept 1 - Comming down the mountain from Big Bear
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 04:53:00 PM »
HA! I believe that was Max Power.  Yep I'm sure of it.  We went by so fast I just saw you for a second and was meaning to post here.  I kept thinking to myself, "Why is he going down the hill on Saturday morning?"

This isn't Santa's Workshop.  This place smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me.

scottmen

• 4wd Pts: 12
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 09:53:36 AM »
Getting out before the crowd. Came up Thurs for some mountain biking on Friday.

How was it up there for the rest of the weekend? The weather was nice the days I was there.

MaxPower

• 4wd Pts: 18
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 05:13:00 PM »
The weather was perfect in the mid 70's.  It was garage sale weekend on the mountain so that was our plan for the day.  We enjoy looking through other peoples stuff and finding must have treasures.  However this was the worst garage sale trip ever.  Nothing we were interested in.  By mid afternoon we gave up and headed home.  We should have just gone up and run some trails. 
This isn't Santa's Workshop.  This place smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 09:45:25 PM »
The weather was perfect in the mid 70's.  It was garage sale weekend on the mountain so that was our plan for the day.  We enjoy looking through other peoples stuff and finding must have treasures.  However this was the worst garage sale trip ever.  Nothing we were interested in.  By mid afternoon we gave up and headed home.  We should have just gone up and run some trails. 

That'll teach you.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

GUANO

• 4wd Pts: 4
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 08:12:18 AM »
The mountains are like a circus on the weekend.  I swear I see 1-3 SCCX members per month up here...  I really need to get in on a run with you guys but I need to replace some motor mounts and a front stabilizer bar.  I still hit the trails from time to time (usually Deep Creek area) but I gotta take 'er easy until I get some more work done...