Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Road Trip Pictures - Southwestern US - Nov-Dec 2011  (Read 9274 times)

GSxterra

Re: Road Trip Pictures - Southwestern US - Nov-Dec 2011
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 10:54:49 AM »
Great Photos!  This looked like a great vacation.  Hey I like your tires what are they and are they noisy on the highway?  I assume they handle great off road, mud, dirt, rocks, snow etc.

FrankB

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 04:45:39 PM »
Great Photos!  This looked like a great vacation.  Hey I like your tires what are they and are they noisy on the highway?  I assume they handle great off road, mud, dirt, rocks, snow etc.

Thanks. The tires are just BFG All Terrain AT K/O in the stock 275/75/16 size. They have been great. Lots of people here use them. I don't notice much road noise at all.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 10:56:29 PM »
Frank...I have to tell you, I posted one of your shots to my Facebook (the snowy guardrail/redrocks shot) and people are just stunned with the great photography!!

You definitely have an eye sir!
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

GUANO

• 4wd Pts: 4
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 04:50:34 PM »
Valley of Fire is a great place to find rare desert reptiles.

FrankB

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 09:24:44 PM »
Valley of Fire is a great place to find rare desert reptiles.

I'll have to go back there some time when it is a bit warmer. It was very cold and windy, with even a bit of rain, the day that we were there. Still, it was quite beautiful. But I'm think any reptiles were hunkered down under the rocks trying to stay warm. I don't recall seeing much of anything in the way of wildlife out there.