Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Hey guys!  (Read 12876 times)

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
Re: Hey guys!
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 01:54:43 PM »
RockinX...Marshann,

Very cool pictures in your albums, especially the Mojave Road Memorial Trip.

Welcome back!

Having joined the Club recently, I hope to meet you on an Xcursion soon and hear about some of the tales of the early Club days.

John, GhostX
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

FrankB

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 03:42:14 PM »
Well I just spent way too much time reading the captions on each of those 130 photos. That was great. I got to see people I've only heard of (or read posts by), like Shahram. (I actually just recently ran across the infamous Soda Lake post on XOC about Carey, with Shahram's explanation to a new guy of what really happened. That has to be one of the funniest things ever written.)

Some of my favorites from Fred's narration:

"Uh-oh! We're in deep fecal matter now! Good thing there's no step rails"

"AAHH! The horror! This sight will forever haunt me in my dreams."

Bobby B.

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 08:48:50 PM »
Pm'd you some pics.
I like sammiches.  And bacon.  Sammiches with bacon.  And chips.  Lots of chips.

FrankB

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 10:40:22 PM »
I just looked at your Mojave West 2010 trip pics - great pics and that looks like a really fun trip. How many days was that? Did you camp?  I've been meaning to get up to the Randsburg area for years.

RockinX

• 4wd Pts: 33
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 11:05:24 PM »
OMG... MARSHANN!!! Where have you been all my life?!?!?! Hahaha! Welcome back!!!

Look at you sounding all technical with all these bushing measurements and backspacing and other stuff... quite impressive! I'm still trying to figure out which button to press to lock and unlock my Xterra since the image has rubbed off from years of use and abuse... LOL!

We definitely have to have another meet and greet... or wheel and deal... or meet at Hooters or something. We have a lot of catching up to do Ms. Costco Lady!

Definitely good times! And more to follow!

Haha, you crack me up Fred.  And by the way, the Costco Lady handle may go by the wayside.   As has happened to others, there were times when I would load up my cart at Costco before a run and hit Krispy Kreme on the way to the meet place, and then end up eating donuts and Costco leftovers for breakfast, lunch and dinner for a month.  That is quite a difference from when we first met on both of our first times out with the club and you guys brought only jerky for an overnight camping trip.  Good times indeed!

RockinX

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 11:06:08 PM »
Pm'd you some pics.

Thanks and pm'd you back.

XterracerX

• 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 11:14:11 PM »
you guys brought only jerky for an overnight camping trip!

Cause we're EXTREME(-ly unprepared)

Oh our humble beginnings! Can't wait to hear the rest of our early adventures!  ;D
Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst!

RockinX

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 11:55:15 PM »
I just looked at your Mojave West 2010 trip pics - great pics and that looks like a really fun trip. How many days was that? Did you camp?  I've been meaning to get up to the Randsburg area for years.

That really was one of my favorite trips.  I left late Saturday and returned Tuesday evening.  I know it seems like it must have been a month from all the pictures I took.  But it was hard to delete some of them because they are personal to me.  I used Mojave Motel 6 as my base camp, although tent camping would have been better.  I followed the routes in either the Backroad Adventures or the Charles Wells book, whichever one lists the coordinates.  That is where some of the historical information I put in the captions came from.  I have a Kenwood DNX6140 car stereo that has Garmin navigation and entered the coordinates in the topo mode to find my way.  There was just so much to explore!  I could have spent another week and still barely covered a small portion.  I never did get back to check out the Randsburg Old West Days shown in one of my pictures.  Maybe this year I will.

RockinX

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 12:06:21 AM »
Cause we're EXTREME(-ly unprepared)

Oh our humble beginnings! Can't wait to hear the rest of our early adventures!  ;D

Ehhem, I believe it's spelled "xtreme-ly."  And yeah, good times indeed!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 12:01:48 PM by RockinX »

Paul

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 30
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 07:08:23 AM »
Marshann! How ya' doing?

Sept 24, 2006 ... Off Work = Off Road
2005 350Z 35th Anniversary
2006 Xterra Off Road
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

RockinX

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2011, 11:18:05 AM »
Marshann! How ya' doing?

Hi Paul, it's good to hear from you!  First off I want to say I am so sorry to have heard about Trixie.  She was such a wonderful little dog!  Tell Noon my thoughts are with her as well.  As you may have read, I am trying to get my rig trail ready.  I need to spend some time on the site since one of the things I want to do is get on board with a CB.  I believe you are knowledgeable in that regard and I hope I can tap into your expertise along the way.  I believe my first step would be to get some training.  I hope they have an online course, or a book I can read, or even a weekend class.  And then at some point I may get your opinion on the best equipment needed.  Those items may be covered elsewhere in one of the forums so I will need to do some poking around.  

When I first met you, I was amazed at all the places you've been, experiences you have had and the broad range of topics you could discuss.  I was truly impressed.  Anyways, I hope to see you and Noon on the trail soon and to meet Summer.

ETA - Oops, I meant ham, not CB.  Now I'm off to search for an "embarrassed" smiley.  Found it.   :-[   ;D
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 03:55:37 PM by RockinX »