Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: How to attach pictures to your post  (Read 30777 times)

Aperion

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: 12
How to attach pictures to your post
« on: October 08, 2008, 09:13:01 AM »
It would be preferred to attach images to your post for a couple of reasons
1) Some of the public image storage sites ares blocked by employers, particularly government and defense contractors.
2) The pictures are part of the post and the forum, this removes the possibility that the image host goes down, or deletes their pictures and we are stuck without images.

It's really simple to attach images click on the additional Options located below the text box:
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

It expands into the following:
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Browse to the desired file and select it. if you click the "Insert Attachment 1" it will place the image in your post. If you do not click the insert attachment 1 your image will appear at the bottom of your post.

feel free to reply to this topic to make sure you understand how to attach images, and other files.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 11:55:39 PM by knightrider »

FrankB

Re: How to attach pictures to your post
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 02:25:33 PM »
Chris,

Are there any issues with storage space if we upload pics to the site instead of linking them from a hosting site?  Should pics be limited to a certain size?

I do appreciate having them in one place, especially in cases of a hosting site going down.

Thanks.

Aperion

• Old-Schooler
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 06:30:48 AM »
Chris,

Are there any issues with storage space if we upload pics to the site instead of linking them from a hosting site?  Should pics be limited to a certain size?

I do appreciate having them in one place, especially in cases of a hosting site going down.

Thanks.
nope, I do not have any space limitation, or bandwidth limitation with my hosting company. So it would be preferred to host all the pictures on the forum. If desired I can set up a dedicated image gallery, one that would be able to do things like order prints of images seen in the gallery...

FrankB

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 11:00:57 AM »
Chris,

Thanks.
nope, I do not have any space limitation, or bandwidth limitation with my hosting company. So it would be preferred to host all the pictures on the forum. If desired I can set up a dedicated image gallery, one that would be able to do things like order prints of images seen in the gallery...

Chris, I actually prefer to post pictures in threads, they are easier to find later, and it is easier to see everyones different pics from a single trip, for example, at one place.

I noticed that when I posted the pics in the my Road Trip thread that they show up as thumbnails that you click on to see larger, is this the way it is supposed to work, or did I do something wrong?  The files I uploaded were all sized to 725 wide so that they would fit on most screens without having to scroll across.

Also, I tried to put up a second post (as a reply) with about 9 more pics, but the system stopped responding so I finally gave up. Should I try again, or did I hit some sort of limit?

Aperion

• Old-Schooler
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 02:22:53 PM »
Chris,

Thanks.

Chris, I actually prefer to post pictures in threads, they are easier to find later, and it is easier to see everyones different pics from a single trip, for example, at one place.

I noticed that when I posted the pics in the my Road Trip thread that they show up as thumbnails that you click on to see larger, is this the way it is supposed to work, or did I do something wrong?  The files I uploaded were all sized to 725 wide so that they would fit on most screens without having to scroll across.

Also, I tried to put up a second post (as a reply) with about 9 more pics, but the system stopped responding so I finally gave up. Should I try again, or did I hit some sort of limit?

Yes, they show up as thumbnails, when you lick on the image they expand to the original size.

Try again, there is a size limit but it's per post, 2MB per attachment, maximum 20MB per post with a maximum of 10 attachments per post.