Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Big Bear/2N02 AAT/SCXF~SCCX Meet N Greet - Sunday, July 31st  (Read 29830 times)

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
Re: Big Bear/2N02 AAT/SCXF~SCCX Meet N Greet - Sunday, July 31st
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2016, 07:55:16 PM »
There is no definitive time, but it'll probably take a few hours to get from the trailhead to the lunch spot. My guess (and hope) is that everyone is aired down and on the move by about 10:00 am. If we move at a nice slow pace with a couple stops, we should be at the lunch spot around 12:30-ish (if we're having lunch where I am recommending). If we use my recommended spot, then anyone in the group can do as little or as much exploring or wheeling around that area as they want, or you can simply hang out with the group and enjoy food. The trails are all very simple with no major obstacles, but there are plenty of them zigging and sagging through the area to check out.

From the lunch spot, it will take about another 60 mins to get down to Hwy 62 in Yucca Valley (going through Pioneertown), and about another 90-ish minutes from there to get into the Temecula area (so roughly 2 hours back to Esco for you). If it helps, my plan is to hang out around the lunch spot for a couple hours and depart for home no later than 3:00 pm. That would put me home around 5:30 in Murrieta.

Joe and I discussed the timeline and several lunch spot options depending on the group size and how everyone moves down the trail.  He has done an excellent job mapping out Plan's A through at least G. 

The biggest challenge is knowing "exactly" or even "approximately" how many folks will show up at the TH, and then "guess-timating" how a big group moves through a trail like this.

People pace their trail driving differently, stopping for pictures of nature, bio breaks, stopping for pictures of obstacles, and finally...stopping for pictures of the group.  :D

It is going to be a great day, and truly sorry I will be missing this run (w-o-r-k).

Thanks to Joe, Jordan, Steve, Tony, and Rick for attending and helping out. :)
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2016, 11:24:42 PM »
John is right. It's a bit difficult to know exactly how hard it will be to get out to the highway if we don't know exactly where we're having lunch. If we end up back in the area of Viscera Springs, it's a short little jaunt off the main road, but there are quite a few winding trails in the area and you can potentially get lost if you're not able to trace your steps well. Once you get back to the main road (Burns Canyon), it's very easy to find your way back out to Hwy 62.

lutsie

• 4wd Pts: 3
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2016, 09:46:11 AM »
Dale and I are also staying in Hanna Flat, starting Friday night. Look for us, we'll have to get together.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Sounds good. We will be rolling in at 2000ish; set up , kids to bed, BEERS you both are welcome to come by for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EJsarus

• 4wd Pts: 52
    • 5th gen T4R
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2016, 09:54:19 AM »
Im in. I will update the FB event with what im bringing for the potluck.
hint hint... since its going to be hot, I will be bring large bowl of fresh cut fruit to cool down.

Edwin, the main trail should be low impact and 2WD friendly. If you wanted to come up a little early, we could even swap those shocks right on the spot.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Well things have changed and looks like my wife will sit this one out with my son, so she will let me explore on my own to get first hand experience on how the trail is. That way if I report back with the thumbs up, we might take a trip on our own or with a few for her n my son to enjoy. The shock installation would be a good idea... Just take them and we will go from there.

You guys should come but I know what you mean,  we've got a 3 month old who will be staying home with mama this time around but I'll be bringing my 3 year old.

I hear you, as stated above to Rick's reply, My wife n son will sit this one out.

occupantX

• 4wd Pts: 65535
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2016, 09:32:31 PM »
Do we have a signup thread/trip plan for Saturday? I'm in for Saturday/Sunday overnight camping but probably not going up there for Sunday only
The non-club non-member formerly known as sdcaKLR, 'cause you know..bananas

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2016, 10:44:18 PM »
Jill and I will be heading up sometime on Friday.  Nothing planned at the moment, I checked the weather and rain is 60% on Saturday and Sunday so I don't know if I will bring my mountain bike.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2016, 08:48:36 AM »
I will not be heading up before Sunday morning, so I won't be managing a thread/sign-up sheet for any pre-activities. I'm just trying to maintain a list of who from SCCX plans to attend the Sunday run, so we can give the SCXF folks an accurate count (and so we don't leave anyone behind on the morning of).

If you guys want to start a thread for the Friday/Saturday festivities, or if someone wants to maintain a list right here in this thread, please go ahead. :)

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2016, 09:04:56 AM »
I've updated the OP with the list of known attendees and those who are still "on the fence." Please let me know if any of that info is incorrect, so we can provide an accurate list of attendees to the SCXF folks. Also, it could be helpful to know if you ARE on facebook and have already posted in the SCXF group that you are coming. This will help us understand exactly how many people are coming (it's sometimes impossible to link forum screen names up with facebook profiles), so feel free to share that info as well.

fourxfunk

• 4wd Pts: 14
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2016, 09:59:56 AM »
I'm in for sure on Sunday.  I've not posted anything on FB.

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2016, 08:14:09 AM »
Joe, Put me down for being there on Sunday.  Looks like a big crowd for this one.
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2016, 09:11:20 AM »
Something has come up and I won't be able to make this one.   :'(
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2016, 04:36:21 PM »
Looks like rains have pushed off until later sunday/monday so I may be bringing my bike
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

JCX

• 4wd Pts: 1
    • 2012 Super Black S
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2016, 09:14:09 PM »
Please count us in for Sunday Joe. We are also included in the FB group. Thanks

glamisdude72000

• 4wd Pts: 3
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2016, 07:26:23 AM »
Kinghtrider, we plan on doing an afternoon/evening mtn bike ride Saturday once we get up there. Tentative plan is to do some of Skyline drive to one of the runs down the mtn then back town trail and then back up to where we plan on camping off 2n08. Not sure what your plans are but if you wanted to ride with us you are more than welcome to.

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2016, 12:04:17 PM »
Joe, Put me down for being there on Sunday.  Looks like a big crowd for this one.

You've been added

Something has come up and I won't be able to make this one.   :'(

You've been crossed off, and you will be missed sir.

"Cross him off then."

Please count us in for Sunday Joe. We are also included in the FB group. Thanks

Added, thanks!