Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: New California firearms laws  (Read 3797 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
New California firearms laws
« on: November 10, 2016, 09:57:14 AM »
  I'm not 100% clear on all of these laws just yet but thought I would post a resource for you guys here to help educate yourselves. If I can help to answer any questions, by all means let me know. Offline and in person is fine too. The one thing I find as interesting, if you are in possession of one of those evil so called hi-capacity magazines it's considered an infraction. An infraction is not a crime and just imposes a civil penalty (fine). Let me digress, the first couple of offenses are a fine and confiscation of your standard capacity magazine. The fine will increase each time much like a traffic citation can. After I "believe" the third time it elevates to a misdemeanor which is a crime you could be cited for. The bad part about that is it can have an effect on future firearms purchases and background checks because it's now a firearms related crime upon conviction.

Pay some close attention to these new laws and educate yourselves as much as possible. Be smart and understand your rights. Politely not giving up your 4th and 5th amendment rights is always the smart way to go. Much of this is left up to the discretion of the officer but like anything with the newer youngsters coming out there it can be a toss up. What also makes me very nervous for the general populace is places like agricultural inspection stations. They can be cropped them up just about anywhere they wish with a few exceptions. I'm not 100% sure on how in depth their legal authority is as it relates to your 4th amendment rights but it's worrisome. They could conceivably begin to now be used to intercept ammunition purchased out of state even should you have the soon to be required background check. The other issue is Border Patrol checkpoints much like Checkpoint Charlie (Cold war pun) up there off the 15 or the 5. That now involves a whole other issue and legal means to get inside your vehicle. They have very specific things they are looking for but if something out of their normal prevue piques their attention, they can easily detain you and summon local/state officials. If a State Fish and Game Warden is present it gets even worse as far as 4th amendment searches and seizures. That's why I encourage you guys to brush up on your rights and laws. I write this information because I care about everyone here and want them to be informed. As I get more, I'll try and pass it along to you.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article88521977.html
Isaiah 6:8

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
Re: New California firearms laws
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 11:49:28 AM »
Thanks Celt!
I really appreciate your insight and tips on this draconian California subject. 
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

GreenAcres

• 4wd Pts: 9
    • 2007 XTerra Off Road
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 12:31:22 PM »
I too appreciate the information. Unfortunately, there is an ever-growing list of reasons why I don't plan to live in Ca any longer than I have to.

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 04:03:17 PM »
Already have a P.O. Box in Yuma for shipments and an AZ resident ID.  Need to get a storage facility there for my "evil" firearms/magazines.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 05:03:53 PM »
110 acres outside Reno with a 2000 square foot house for $450,000...can't wait to retire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

GreenAcres

• 4wd Pts: 9
    • 2007 XTerra Off Road
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 11:34:07 PM »
110 acres outside Reno with a 2000 square foot house for $450,000...can't wait to retire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now you're talking my language. We've got 46 acres east of Dallas, on which I built a log cabin. So much more freedom, especially living in the County.

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 02:14:31 PM »
You guys got the right idea.  I got 40 acres in AZ at 4200 ft. elev.  With high ground atvantage lol
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 02:26:07 PM »
I have my RTT :|
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 11:21:35 AM »
Great response to the post-election histrionics:
http://monsterhunternation.com/2016/11/14/a-handy-guide-for-liberals-who-are-suddenly-interested-in-gun-ownership/

Oh, fair warning - some of our "more sensitive" readers may need to find someone wearing a large diaper pin to take them to a safe space for a hug, hot chocolate, and play doh therapy.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 04:35:03 PM »
Great response to the post-election histrionics:
http://monsterhunternation.com/2016/11/14/a-handy-guide-for-liberals-who-are-suddenly-interested-in-gun-ownership/

Oh, fair warning - some of our "more sensitive" readers may need to find someone wearing a large diaper pin to take them to a safe space for a hug, hot chocolate, and play doh therapy.

I wanted to post the exact same thing but was having trouble due to the content size. Really great read and no matter what side of the fence you are on this guy really breaks it down to basic terms of why this is so important. Without the 2A we will have no Constitution and it's rights guaranteed to us. I firmly believe We The People should not be beholden to the government but rather the reverse. The government is to be accountable to We The People and when We The People do not like what's going on changes need to be able to be made. That's something that these career politicians on both sides clearly need to understand real good.
Isaiah 6:8