Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Got a new toy today  (Read 4416 times)

4x4forfun

• 4wd Pts: 6
Got a new toy today
« on: March 16, 2009, 10:53:57 PM »
A guy in Riverside was selling his 2008 Suzuki DRZ400s for dirt cheap because he has a baby due next month. The bike was super clean with only 875 miles on it and he was asking $4,000. He bought it last August for $5,500. He tried to sell it for more than what I bought it for but no one called him. I wanted one of these for a couple of years because the 250 Super Sherpa I have is a wee bit to small for me and not all that safe on the street.
SO I BOUGHT IT! The lil lady is pissed right now and I think I might have to sleep on the couch tonight!
 When I figure out how I will post some pics.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 02:13:34 AM by 4x4forfun »
But he said it was stock friendly!!

4x4forfun

Re: Got a new toy today
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 02:15:54 AM »
Update,
 I got home from work and I get to sleep in my bed tonight. She even asked if it would be possible to let her sit on the back, behind me. She seems to like it.
 THERE IS A GOD!!!!!!

AV Xterra

• 4wd Pts: 7
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 06:58:40 PM »
Sweet.  Now get her her own helmet and she's in.
I eat other peoples food.  It's a sickness.

fleury123

• 4wd Pts: 3
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 09:01:55 PM »
Nice bike , is it the white or black?

And why is the KLR250 not safe on the street?

4x4forfun

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 12:36:33 AM »
All black as he swapped out the white side panels. I have both sets as he kept the white ones when he did it. The sherpa is a fun little bike but not something you want to try and keep up with 55-60 mile an hour traffic. Your wide open at that speed. I bought the bike originally for running down fire roads and trails while camping in the Sierras. I can get to the trout streams a lot quicker on the bike than in the truck. Also I can get to a lot more different places that the truck can't. My brother and I are planning a bike trip across Dusy Ershim trail in Sept. Did it once before in the truck and it took 2 1\2 days but by bike it can be easily done in a full day. But we plan on making it a 2 day trip.