Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: New Member from Pico Rivera  (Read 4550 times)

IRON X

• 4wd Pts: 4
New Member from Pico Rivera
« on: July 16, 2011, 01:27:36 AM »
Hey guys, my name is Patrick and Im located in the small city of Pico Rivera (where the 605 and the 5 freeways meet). I got my 2002 Silver Xterra a couple months ago and I've got a couple mods done so far. Big plans to come as soon as the money is right. I'm still pretty new to offroading but im very eager to get out on the trails and meet some more socal xterra owners. In the next two weeks I plan (if all goes well) on purchasing a volant CAI and a new cherry bomb extreme muffler. I've received advice to keep the same size piping for my exhaust and simply go with a single in/single out setup for my new muffler. I heard i might lose power if i went with duals or bumped up the size of the piping. I'm still on the fence tho about not bumping up the size of the pipes to 2.5 inches.. Any input on the matter is greatly appreciated. Can't wait to go wheeling with u guys. Cheers

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/MacFarlandpg/IMAG0496.jpg

Android ftw
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/MacFarlandpg/IMAG0527.jpg
33x12.5 Duratracs, Crager Soft 8's, DIY 2" BL, AC Upper Control Arms, Sway-A-Away TBars, Trail Gear Sliders, Sony Xplode GT450U, Volant CAI, Cherry Bomb Extreme Muffler w/ Downpipe, KC Daylights on Custom Fender/Cowel Mounts, TC IAB, Uniden PRO510XL CB, 4ft Firestik, Smittybilt Front Recovery Hooks

leons240s

• 4wd Pts: 0
Re: New Member from Pico Rivera
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 03:43:43 AM »
welcome!! you'll definitly meet some great guys on this site, keep checking the postings for upcoming trips  ;D

Paul

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 30
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 12:57:39 PM »
Howdy!

It's the peak of the summer heat ... see you in the fall when it's cooler.
Sept 24, 2006 ... Off Work = Off Road
2005 350Z 35th Anniversary
2006 Xterra Off Road
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

RockinX

• 4wd Pts: 33
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 08:46:50 PM »
Hey, Welcome!  Nice looking truck you have there!  Good job on the wheels.  As far as the exhaust, the advice usually given is to wait until you go on a run with the club and then you can check out in person what others have done.  Since you will be offroading, you may find that other mods will take priority (sliders, skids, recovery, lift, etc.).  Check out the sticky "Xcursion Guidelines" in the Xcursions forum to get some ideas.  But like Paul said, it's just too freakin hot right now to hit a lot of the trails. 

AV Xterra

• 4wd Pts: 7
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 09:21:07 PM »
Welcome
I eat other peoples food.  It's a sickness.

Goldfish

• 4wd Pts: 16
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 09:13:17 PM »
Welcome Patrick. I'm in Bellflower. We are almost neighbors.
Don

Kill the headlights and put it in neutral.

IRON X

• 4wd Pts: 4
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 11:21:58 AM »
Thanks for having me guys. I just got back from lake arrowhead this weekend. Didn't do much wheeling. It was sort of a last minute thing and we were mostly sight seeing. It wasnt too hot up at the top actually. We stayed a little near the rim of the world at a friends cabin. Too bad I didnt have access to the internet or i would have looked up some trails :/
33x12.5 Duratracs, Crager Soft 8's, DIY 2" BL, AC Upper Control Arms, Sway-A-Away TBars, Trail Gear Sliders, Sony Xplode GT450U, Volant CAI, Cherry Bomb Extreme Muffler w/ Downpipe, KC Daylights on Custom Fender/Cowel Mounts, TC IAB, Uniden PRO510XL CB, 4ft Firestik, Smittybilt Front Recovery Hooks