Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: SoCalXTerry Build  (Read 65947 times)

SoCalXTerry

• 4wd Pts: 54
SoCalXTerry Build
« on: December 12, 2011, 05:48:49 PM »
Joined SCCX: Dec, 2009
Username: tl11_oc
Year:   2007
Make:  Nissan
Model: Xterra
Trim:   Offroad 
Color:  Avalanche 
Mods:
  Shrock:
    Full set of Skids
    Front Bumper
    Rear Diff. Skid
  Maxterra Rear Bumper with tire carrier
  White Knuckle sliders

JE Reel Double Cardon driveshaft
  Deaver spring pack

ARB front R180 Air locker
  RCV Half shafts

315/75x16 tires  (35's)
  Pro-Comp 7089 Wheels

K&N Performance Intake Kit
  MagnaFlow Cat-back Exhaust System
  AirRaid throttle Body Spacer

FABTECH 6" SUSPENSION LIFT including:
    PRG Upper Control Arms
    RADFLO 2.0 6" extended coilovers
    Spring over axle conversion in rear
    RADFLO emulsion shocks in read

DepHep Rack
  Engo 10k Winch

Projection HID Headlights and foglights
  LED Brake/turn and back-up lights

10# CO2 Tank

Comments: 

Photos:

« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 07:40:40 PM by SoCalXTerry »
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

Soylent Yellow

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 5254
Re: tl11_oc
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 06:21:24 PM »
Photobucket has a resizing tool.
I'd rather be happy than right any day.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
Re: tl11_oc
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 09:15:06 PM »
X2 on the Photobucket Terry, makes photo transfers easy breezy.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

SoCalXTerry

Re: SoCalX_tl11 Build
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 07:14:53 PM »
New pics of my rig added
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 07:57:43 PM »
Nice pics Terry.  :)
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

SoCalXTerry

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 04:33:40 AM »
Thank you John.   I finally figured out how to resize the pictures.   Hopefully I can get some more action pictures at GoneMoab  ;D
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

HEVAK

• 4wd Pts: 32
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 10:01:02 AM »
Wow bro, that's a sick rig!! Your mods list is my dream list.
I love it when a plan comes together

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 02:28:04 AM »
How did the front locker work in Moab, and Big Bear last weekend?
KD6DCI

SoCalXTerry

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 05:00:15 AM »
They worked GREAT.  I'll tell you with the limited clearance of the X in the "rock gardens" I would have been strapped probably 3-4 times without the front lockers.   Actually with the lockers I did the strappin' several times.
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 11:07:38 AM »
They worked GREAT.  I'll tell you with the limited clearance of the X in the "rock gardens" I would have been strapped probably 3-4 times without the front lockers.   Actually with the lockers I did the strappin' several times.

Well Terry, it's official, you and your "X-terra, not a Jeep" are "very capable and trail worthy."  Will we never hear the end of this... :D

Date: June 10, 2012 9:57:43 PM PDT
To: justruns@yahoogroups.com
Subject: <From JustRuns Group Bulletin Board> Run Report  Big Bear Challenging Run

We had 11 vehicles join in for my run to the Holcolm Creek Jeep Trail.There were 10 jeeps and a X-Terra(not a jeep)on the run. Terry and his X-Terra proved to be very capable and trail worthy.The trail head started out of Fawnskin on the north side of the lake. The forest road 3N14 connected us to 3N93 at the east end of Holcolm Creek.The trail has a dozen difficult obstacals, mostly one rock garden after another spread over 20 miles of super fun 4 wheeling terrain.After the last long rock garden ended at 3N16 half the group exited thru to Hwy 18 and home. Six rigs continued on to make trail a loop.We cut across on 2N06X (Lower Larga Flat)back to Holcolm Trail and headed east back to Fawnskin and camp.The days run had assisted strap pulls,winch recovery because of a broken front axle,and rock stacking over obstacals. Everyone worked together and had a great day of wheeling in beautiful Big Bear mountains back country.
Thanks to everyone for a super fun day, Mark

Looks like you had a good showing, glad the lockers worked out.  :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 11:11:17 AM by GhostX »
KD6DCI

SoCalXTerry

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 03:57:29 PM »
Well Terry, it's official, you and your "X-terra, not a Jeep" are "very capable and trail worthy."  Will we never hear the end of this... :D

Date: June 10, 2012 9:57:43 PM PDT
To: justruns@yahoogroups.com
Subject: <From JustRuns Group Bulletin Board> Run Report  Big Bear Challenging Run

We had 11 vehicles join in for my run to the Holcolm Creek Jeep Trail.There were 10 jeeps and a X-Terra(not a jeep)on the run. Terry and his X-Terra proved to be very capable and trail worthy.The trail head started out of Fawnskin on the north side of the lake. The forest road 3N14 connected us to 3N93 at the east end of Holcolm Creek.The trail has a dozen difficult obstacals, mostly one rock garden after another spread over 20 miles of super fun 4 wheeling terrain.After the last long rock garden ended at 3N16 half the group exited thru to Hwy 18 and home. Six rigs continued on to make trail a loop.We cut across on 2N06X (Lower Larga Flat)back to Holcolm Trail and headed east back to Fawnskin and camp.The days run had assisted strap pulls,winch recovery because of a broken front axle,and rock stacking over obstacals. Everyone worked together and had a great day of wheeling in beautiful Big Bear mountains back country.
Thanks to everyone for a super fun day, Mark

Looks like you had a good showing, glad the lockers worked out.  :)

Hm.   Nothing gets by you John..  You saw that little trip report.   That was a real trip, first time I have run with that group and it was really interesting to see their reaction when I came rolling in.  And how many had to walk over to take a look at the X before we ever set out for the trail.   BTW those strap pulls he mentioned???   ME doing the pulling on most of them.    :D   
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 04:22:13 PM »
Hm.   Nothing gets by you John..  You saw that little trip report.   That was a real trip, first time I have run with that group and it was really interesting to see their reaction when I came rolling in.  And how many had to walk over to take a look at the X before we ever set out for the trail.   BTW those strap pulls he mentioned???   ME doing the pulling on most of them.    :D   

Did you go out on the second run with only 6 vehicles?  Yes...an "X-terra" strapping Jeep folks...now there's a photo op for sure.
KD6DCI

SoCalXTerry

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 07:48:44 PM »
Did you go out on the second run with only 6 vehicles?  Yes...an "X-terra" strapping Jeep folks...now there's a photo op for sure.

Yup...   I wouldn't have missed that for the world.  Hmm.  Maybe by then I got to the point where I was one of the rigs.   Hey, he didn't say "5 rigs and the Xterra" ;D.   But I have to say that I really liked Mark and would roll with him any day, he did a hell of a job leading a tough trail.

That extra little loop actually added about 5-6 more major obstacles to the run.   And I got to strap a jeep on the last obstacle of the day  :P  Poor guy picked the worst line that I have ever seen and he had already done that obstacle once already that day.
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

Oz

• 4wd Pts: 14
  • Cybernetic organism; living tissue over metal
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 08:06:07 PM »
ME doing the pulling on most of them.    :D   

Awesome!   Rig looks great Terry. Can't wait to see it after the future plans you told me about

SoCalXTerry

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 04:49:56 AM »
Thanks Oz,

Just hope I can pull it off.
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL