Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: EUROPE 2017  (Read 3049 times)

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
EUROPE 2017
« on: March 27, 2017, 10:55:54 AM »
Hello SCCX'ers!

You might remember me from such shenanigans like

'Opps, I forgot to tighten my driver-side front lugs'

'Hey, let's rip our radiator skid off in the middle of the trail and turn it into a dirt scoop!'

'Coil-over schmoil-overs!...I'm gonna blow mine out put-putting along in the back of the pack on TMR'

Well...I have signed up for a new adventure at the end of this summer...

On Sept 13, I fly from LAX to Moscow, where I have an 8hr layover from 2-10pm

Then, around 1045p, I fly from Moscow to Prague, where I'll be for a week.

I will be taking a train from Prague to Vienna the following Weds or Thurs, where I'll spend a week.

I have been using someone's stock coils for too long, and I genuinely cannot remember whose they are...but I owe you some beer.  I had been saving up for new shocks, but when I saw how cheap these flights are, I had to jump...it's a trip of a lifetime.

So...my outings will be weekend only for the foreseeable future; between all the time I'm taking off, and the $$ I need to save for the trip, I'm keeping it local for the time being.

That said...I'm stoked that the group continues to grow, and guys are stepping up to lead trips that they themselves were new on not that long ago.

Just remember:

- try to keep the radio chat to a minimum...you never know when a ChewDonkey could be trying to communicate

- keep an eye out for those cattle guards...4lo at all times!

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
Re: EUROPE 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 12:07:34 PM »
Sounds like a great time awaits you! I miss you out there on the trails buddy. Not like I get out there myself either.  :-[ I was only there for 2 of those three shenanigans, but they sure were memorable moments.  8)

By the way, I'm pretty sure you've been using fiercextreme (Garrett's) stock coilovers.

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 08:34:19 PM »
I was there to witness all three of Christaan's ... humbling outings.  A gooder natured person, there is not. 
Sounds like you've got a great plan ahead in Europe.  What could go wrong  in Moscow in 8 hours ::)
Have a ball and of course take lots of condoms  photos. 
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 09:06:09 PM »

I was there to witness all three of Christaan's ... humbling outings.  A gooder natured person, there is not. 
Sounds like you've got a great plan ahead in Europe.  What could go wrong  in Moscow in 8 hours ::)
Have a ball and of course take lots of condoms  photos.

"Guys, there's a clunking sound coming from the front." My radio transmission would've had a lot more expletives.

Now is that a lot of condoms and photos or photos of condoms or what?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

FrankB

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 09:24:23 PM »
Sounds like a fun trip.  I've been to Vienna, it's great, and I've heard lots of good things about Prague.

But dude . . . LAX to Prague via Moscow?  What airline are you on - Southwest?  Moscow's kind of out the way.  That sounds like the way Southwest routes it's flights: Let's see, you want to go from San Diego to Seattle? We can do that, you just have to change planes in Denver or maybe Kansas City.

Have a great time.

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 08:30:00 AM »
Awesome buddy have fun , be safe, and Drink lots of WODKA :o
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch