Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Suspension install needed, local shops  (Read 5939 times)

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
Re: Suspension install needed, local shops
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2019, 07:39:54 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions.  Got the rear Deavers / Bilsteins, 2 deg shims installed, thank goodness for a retired buddy to help me out ;)  No issues she's holding strong after some Anza wheeling.

Rear tire carrier (Shrock) and Hefty alum front on order......  :D

At month three of your Shrock rear bumper wait, call Alcan and order a set of 600-700# over 3" lift springs.
Call PRG and order a set of adjustable shackles.

By the time you get your Shrock bumper with tire carrier installed, you'll need the new rear springs.
Mount the new springs in the lowest setting.

Then, when you inevitably titan swap, go up to the highest setting and you'll be all set!
Well, you'll also need some longer shocks.  I bought these and have been really happy. 

Also, if you haven't already get rear timbrens to start.  They are a lifesaver when you're running stock springs and AALs.
Then you'll realize how awesome they are and get the fronts too. 

Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2019, 07:46:03 PM »
Looks like you did a good job with everything.
Isaiah 6:8

x4dblduty

• 4wd Pts: 2
    • 2006 Off Road Granite
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2019, 12:48:24 PM »
Looks like you did a good job with everything.

Thanks! Trying to do these upgrades step wise, proper torques, matched components, etc.  Wheel some and then see what else I'll need based on my types of wheeling. 

About the rear bumper/carrier. I thought by replacing my factory bumper, tow hitch, and spare would not add much more weight even with the 33" KO2.  I suppose next upgrade will be total leafs upgrade.  Front Radflos should be good with the Hefty alum bumper.