Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: FUTURE OF SCCX - Planning & Leading Runs Discussion  (Read 24884 times)

guywithpups

• 4wd Pts: 1
Re: FUTURE OF SCCX - Planning & Leading Runs Discussion
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 05:17:26 PM »
A meet & greet sounds like a great idea.  And I agree its a good idea for us to all set a good example on the trails.

Aperion

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: 12
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 11:24:02 PM »
I can relate to this as well I think me and the other chris are the farthest out that I know of. it cost me over an hundred to wheel on most of the runs. Let alone the time issues
Aye, speaking of which we should do lunch some time, I work in Oxnard now and soon enough might actually be working at Port Phueneme naval base.

SuperSlideStyle

• 4wd Pts: 19994
  • Are we ready? Not really but here we go!
    • 2013 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2010, 05:46:58 PM »
Meet and Greet is a great idea.  Do we have a tentative date and location?  I could recommend the Frank G. Bonneli Regional park in Pomona, CA 91764 by the 10, 57, and 210 Fwy. just east of Los Angeles and the San Gabriel valley, west of the Inland Empire.
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6 spd
2022 Acura MDX SH-AWD

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2010, 10:23:30 PM »
Road trip!  8)
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

guywithpups

• 4wd Pts: 1
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2010, 12:53:49 AM »
That spot looks good -- according to what I read, dogs should be ok to bring along as long as they're on a leash.  So now we just need to pick a date.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2010, 07:45:43 AM »
Just so everyone knows, we (the BOD) are working on some ideas. We've been having a lot of discussions lately, it just takes time for stuff to happen since everyone has other stuff going on their lives.

We are putting together plans for an SCCX Picnic / Meet & Greet type of thing, to be held in a family-friendly location, sometime this summer. 

Is this idea still moving forward?  Just curious if any dates or locations have been seriously considered?  Thanks Frank!
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

GUANO

• 4wd Pts: 4
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2010, 05:12:24 PM »
I can attest to the economy issue....  But I should be back in action soon (this month or next) and hopefully make a run with you guys finally once I get some tires replaced.  I've managed an online community for a 10 year span, it ranged from 10 to 200 members at a time.  It can be a lot of work.  I find the biggest problem is people expecting the organizer/leader to provide the "fun" - which is an emotional state rather than a tangible item lol.

I think 3-4 organized events per year is plenty, the rest can just be loosely organized by members asking if anyone wants to 'join them'.   Personally, a day-ride isn't worth all the trouble trying to 'sell'.  Just a simple post and a meeting spot should be good enough.

I'm the kind of person that doesn't rely on anyone else to provide the fun, I definitely don't like to plan out my rides start to finish, I like to explore everything unless I've already been there.  I just like to have a general idea of the starting point and the time I need to get home and just make the rest up along the way.  I don't have a GPS yet and honestly can't think of a scenario other than 'convenience' that I'd actually need one (still planning on getting a cheap one), I'm a compass/topo person myself and would rather have a sextant than a GPS.  I like to hike and explore off-trail as well and wouldn't want anyone to feel like they had to wait for me to come back if I stumbled upon a buried treasure.  My 'fun' is contained within and other than something bad happening to person or vehicle then it doesn't matter if I'm with a group or not....  I'M JUST HAPPY TO GET THE HELL OUT OF L.A. WHENEVER I CAN!

Paul

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 30
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2010, 08:00:15 PM »
Yee yee yee, he said SEXtant.

I'm thinking north - a short two hour ride up the 395 to the southern end of Sequoia National ...  8)
Sept 24, 2006 ... Off Work = Off Road
2005 350Z 35th Anniversary
2006 Xterra Off Road
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

GUANO

• 4wd Pts: 4
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2010, 10:49:30 PM »
works for me.  I should be back in business in 2 weeks.  Gonna make one of the exec's at work buy me 5 new KM2's since I hooked him up with with a 2 million dollar sale a few months ago, he's taking home 20k and owes me.

By the way I sold that old shortwave radio...  The last mayor of culver city bought it for his home station.  He's going to administer the test for me soon and invited me to his home, he has a 100foot antennae.  And I have a meeting with the Culver City soon to bid on a new telecom system for the city... maybe this'll give me an edge, hehe!

SuperSlideStyle

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2010, 10:54:04 PM »
Does the BOD have a place and date in mind for the Meet and Greet?  Even if its tentative?
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6 spd
2022 Acura MDX SH-AWD

SuperSlideStyle

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2010, 10:37:11 PM »
Is there anything planned at all?
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6 spd
2022 Acura MDX SH-AWD

SuperSlideStyle

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2010, 11:05:39 PM »
Is this happening this year or next?
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6 spd
2022 Acura MDX SH-AWD

Soylent Yellow

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 5254
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2010, 05:48:07 PM »
We will do a meet and greet after the BOD meeting.  I don't know when that will happen as of yet what with everyone having lives and stuff.
I'd rather be happy than right any day.

npgtech

• 4wd Pts: 25
    • 2010 Xterra / 2015 Frontier
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2012, 07:02:34 PM »
Definitely a fantastic idea!  I'm definitely in for this, and would gladly help in any way possible!
 ;D

HEVAK

• 4wd Pts: 32
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2012, 07:43:17 PM »
Count me in!! Even though it's 2 year old discussion, but still very relevant.

Count me in Fo Sho!!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 07:45:12 PM by HEVAK »
I love it when a plan comes together