Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: **Baja Designs** new scam email  (Read 3679 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
**Baja Designs** new scam email
« on: June 12, 2023, 12:52:15 PM »
If anyone gets an email from Baja Designs regarding a document they are sharing with you is now public under your profile "Do Not" open it up. I got the email and contacted them via the phone as it appeared suspicious. They confirmed it was a scam and they started getting calls about it today. Whoever is doing it also sent it to their employees. The person I spoke with wasn't sure exactly how malicious it really is but none of us want any of that foolishness.
Isaiah 6:8

Celt

Re: **Baja Designs** new scam email
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 07:55:51 PM »
I got a follow up email from Baja Designs today. They weren't sure how this criminal got into their accounts but they took fast action and seems like the issue may be stopped. Hopefully people don't open up the malicious one as they stated they believed it would open a link to peoples credit cards that have been used to pay for services through Baja Designs. They are a stand up company that makes a great product and local. It saddens me to have to live in times where so much crime is committed by criminals using a computer.

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2023, 12:24:50 PM »
It's good you caught that.  Scammers are getting harder and harder to detect.
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

Celt

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2023, 01:18:59 PM »
It's good you caught that.  Scammers are getting harder and harder to detect.

They sure are at that. It's lucrative because they by and large have no consequences. Most are off shore and even if identified their host nation governments will do nothing to them other than get a chunk of their illegal earnings.