Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: NDAA Developments  (Read 3108 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
NDAA Developments
« on: July 17, 2017, 08:48:59 PM »
 I thought this was interesting hot off the NRA press: https://www.nraila.org/articles/20170714/cmp-sales-of-1911s-one-step-closer-with-house-passage-of-2018-ndaa. Many here may want to keep an eye on it and the CMP: http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/ which is where they would be able to be purchased from.
Isaiah 6:8

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
Re: NDAA Developments
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 09:18:47 AM »
I like the idea of the Gubmint selling old stock to reduce the debt instead of paying storage fees to increase the debt.  Go America!
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 10:30:52 AM »
This is pretty nice, I might actually have to get into one of the CMP groups so I can get hold of one of those M1's, and eventually the 1911.  I wonder, though, if this is a pistol that's on-roster here in Commifornia?  If it is not, I wonder if buying through CMP will exempt it?  If it's off-roster and not exempted, looks like I need to make friends with some LEO's? Oh wait...haha O0
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 10:49:31 AM »
they would be exempt because they fall under Curio & Relic.
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 02:46:20 PM »

You're talking about the guns, not Celt and me.  Right?
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 02:59:35 PM »
I guess I didn't think of that.  I'd assume they'd fall under C&R due to age, and I'm assuming none of these are newer than 50 years old?
R. Long

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 04:53:35 PM »
 I'm not sure how old these would be in current storage but I'm sure there are some really historically valuable models down to field service grades. I know the military was wrapping up their transition from the 1911 to the (worthless) M9 in the late 80's and completed other than a few small exception units by the mid or so 90's. I do not know when the last contract batches were made but many of the 1911's I was issued were definitely Vietnam era and earlier firearms. As I remember it from the armorers records anyway. Most of our issue were Colt, Springfield and Ithaca. There were other manufacturers through the years but I do not remember seeing any. As I understand all the Colt and Springfield's would not be an issue for California.
Isaiah 6:8

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 08:47:39 AM »
I'm not sure how old these would be in current storage but I'm sure there are some really historically valuable models down to field service grades. I know the military was wrapping up their transition from the 1911 to the (worthless) M9 in the late 80's and completed other than a few small exception units by the mid or so 90's. I do not know when the last contract batches were made but many of the 1911's I was issued were definitely Vietnam era and earlier firearms. As I remember it from the armorers records anyway. Most of our issue were Colt, Springfield and Ithaca. There were other manufacturers through the years but I do not remember seeing any. As I understand all the Colt and Springfield's would not be an issue for California.
Yeah, I figured they wouldn't be an issue, but it'll be like Cali to throw a curveball in there.
R. Long