Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Overland Expo West 2019  (Read 6990 times)

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
Overland Expo West 2019
« on: April 25, 2019, 01:50:41 PM »
Who's going?

I'll be volunteering, leaving SD Wed, arriving thursday, leaving sunday(gotta get back so the GF can be at a meeting on monday)

gonna camp somewhere along the way wed night.
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
Re: Overland Expo West 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 03:29:54 PM »
I was debating whether or not to go.  At this point the NOT's have it.  Hard to justify spending that kind of cash to stay in a homeless camp for three nights.  Maybe next year.
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 06:09:36 PM »
I was hopeful that this would be the year I finally go, but alas, life always gets in the way. :( My wife's family is doing a reunion that Saturday evening, and we're obligated to go. I guess I'll start planning for next year.

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 06:18:53 AM »
We are going.  Taking the new trailer.  It exceeds the length limit to stay at the homeless camp, so we are camping further away and coming in using day passes.  We are leaving here Thursday afternoon.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

JeffBett

• 4wd Pts: 26
    • 06 Xterra
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 07:19:59 AM »
Dave and I are leaving Thur. morning.  We are taking bikes this year for sure.  We'll head home Sunday morning so we have time to hit Schnebly and/or Broken Arrow for a bit on the way home.  Got to get in the dirt sometime on that long of a trip.

EJsarus

• 4wd Pts: 52
    • 5th gen T4R
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2019, 03:14:49 PM »
I will be attending. picking up off the grid rental trailer Thursday night and heading out super early Friday.

JeffBett

• 06 Xterra
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 02:33:19 PM »
Less than a week to go.  Anyone else going to make it?  I would say let's try to camp together but it is a free for all on camp sites and really hard to save space.  Maybe if you have bright colored plastic marking tape and a way to put it up???  Jordan with volunteering is to special to camp with us low lifes, they have their own camping area!

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 06:25:01 PM »
SWMBO and I are going, but staying at a National Forest campground about 20 miles away.  Our trailer doesn't meet the OE limitations.  We will be driving up Thursday afternoon/evening.  I have day passes for Friday and Saturday with on-site parking.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

knightrider

• Administrator
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2019, 10:10:03 AM »
OE has stated that if you want to camp together, you must go through the gate together.  there will be a waiting area supposedly so that you can wait for your camp mates.

i believe this year will be a bit more organized but we shall see... 

I will be arriving in flagstaff on Wed, got a hotel in Flagstaff and will be entering OE on Thursday at 8am, I have work Thursday so getting camp setup will be a priority for me.
Jordan - K6XTE

JeffBett

• 06 Xterra
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2019, 02:50:29 PM »
Is it the same as in the past, volunteers have a separate camp area?  I know the shows have been sold to another company, do you know if that is already in place or is this one still under the same management.  I am curious to see how long the lines are to get in this year, I heard some were a couple hours long last year.

knightrider

• Administrator
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2019, 06:35:40 PM »
There is a separate camp available to Volunteer/Instructors/Staff, the option to camp in the regular camp area was also available.   

The new management is in place, the Hansons are still involved but to a lesser extent.   
This year will have mandatory check-in before you get to go into the camping area and you must enter with those you wish to camp with.  I'm not sure if they will be assigning camp spots but they stated to expect festival style atmosphere(packed in tight with neighbors)and have stressed they will not allow you to save spots for friends arriving later.
Jordan - K6XTE

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2019, 06:56:31 PM »
It sounds like I will be glad that my trailer is too big!   ::)

knightrider

• Administrator
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2019, 01:54:35 PM »
well a heads up for people camping off site, parking at the event will be $10 per day and must be purchased in advance.  Free parking is available at Northern Arizona University and a free shuttle will get you to the show. service animals are allowed on the shuttles but other animals must be caged.  If you are bringing fur babies, it would be advisable to pay for parking.
Jordan - K6XTE

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2019, 07:35:28 PM »
Already bought day tickets for Friday and Saturday, and on-site parking.  Leaving the pups at home, as they probably wouldn't have much fun.

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2019, 06:41:10 AM »
We survived!  And we only bought a few things, none really expensive.  The wind going there and coming back was CRAZY, especially towing the trailer.  But it was nice having a warm & dry place to go back to at the end of the day (which was usually by 3 p.m. for us old folks).