Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Jacket closeout deal  (Read 9092 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Jacket closeout deal
« on: September 30, 2016, 03:23:48 PM »
Jumping around the internet today I came upon this and thought it might be a good deal for someone looking for a good winter jacket.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/co-bpg-82es00-shell-jak.html
Isaiah 6:8

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
Re: Jacket closeout deal
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 03:59:27 PM »
Jumping around the internet today I came upon this and thought it might be a good deal for someone looking for a good winter jacket.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/co-bpg-82es00-shell-jak.html
Aside from that awesome deal, LAPG is absolutely one of my favorite places to shop. 
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

Celt

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 04:11:39 PM »
I agree, they have top notch customer service. I ordered something from them a few years ago and it came with a free keychain light. Long story short was the batteries in it were a couple small watch size batteries and were dead. No big deal, I can pick them up anywhere and it was a freebie so I really didn't care. I called their customer service about a question I had with the order and they asked me about the flashlight for some reason. I mentioned the batteries were dead but wasn't concerned with it. They sent me four brand new ones right away in the mail and apologized I didn't get working ones the first time. You don't get that kind of service these days.

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 11:17:07 PM »
LAPG has some awesome deals.  I have a couple of these mounted in my X:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/lapg-fl-enforcer-l1-rechargeable.html

They are really bright and USB rechargeable.

“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 10:01:29 AM »

I also have that flashlight.  Have you found a suitable battery for it?  I ordered two batteries from Amazon and they were about 1/4" too short.  I was looking to have a few spares, so I could just plug batteries in as needed.
R. Long

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 11:12:12 AM »
I have two of the flashlights and haven't run either of them dead yet so I haven't looked into other batteries.  But with this kind of longevity, what the heck are you doing that you need to worry about swapping batteries?

High Output: 943 Lumens (4.2 Hours)
Medium Output: 500 Lumens (7.7 Hours)
Low Output: 15 Lumens (150 Hours)
Strobe: 20hz (8 Hours)
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 11:41:24 AM »
I have two of the flashlights and haven't run either of them dead yet so I haven't looked into other batteries.  But with this kind of longevity, what the heck are you doing that you need to worry about swapping batteries?

High Output: 943 Lumens (4.2 Hours)
Medium Output: 500 Lumens (7.7 Hours)
Low Output: 15 Lumens (150 Hours)
Strobe: 20hz (8 Hours)
I haven't killed the battery yet, though it started to get low when I was running through some mines a little while ago.  Mostly, I was looking at higher capacity replacements, but they all seem shorter than the battery it came with.
R. Long

Celt

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2016, 08:28:00 PM »
Quick update, I got the jacket in today and it's higher quality than I expected it to be. Looks every bit as rugged as the Marmot, Mammut and Alpine Lowe shell jackets I've had through the years.  Seems to be setup to handle some heavy use and is still very light weight. I'm still scratching my head about how they can mark it down so low but I saved a lot of coin on this purchase to be sure.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 10:49:17 AM »
Alright, you talked me into it. I just ordered one. They only had my size in the Foliage color, but that's ok.

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 11:14:35 AM »
How does that jacket fit, does it run smaller or larger?  They don't really have anything in my size, but if they fit true to size or slightly smaller, I can probably go one size up.

Yep, I'm quoting you again because I forgot to ask what you have these mounted with.  I've looked at mounting, but wasn't sure if the mag light mounts work, or what.

edit:  According to the reviews, they run a little bit large.

edit to the edit:  LA Police Gear also has them on Amazon and there's no shipping charge. 
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000X7XGU6/ref=twister_dp_update?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 11:31:47 AM by RikRong »
R. Long

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 12:59:11 PM »
They don't really have anything in my size, but if they fit true to size or slightly smaller, I can probably go one size up.

Or you can just eat lots of bacon cheeseburgers until you fit the sizes they do have, like I did.  :o

LA Police Gear also has them on Amazon and there's no shipping charge. 

Damn! I wish I had seen that before I placed my order. Oh well, shipping was only like 6 bucks

Celt

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2016, 02:09:46 PM »
How does that jacket fit, does it run smaller or larger?  They don't really have anything in my size, but if they fit true to size or slightly smaller, I can probably go one size up.

edit:  According to the reviews, they run a little bit large.

edit to the edit:  LA Police Gear also has them on Amazon and there's no shipping charge. 

I read some reviews that the jacket was a little larger than the average size it represented. After getting mine, I didn't notice any of that. They certainly are not excessively long in the torso. Maybe the few reviewers that thought they ran large don't understand that this is a shell jacket and designed to layer under it for insulation? If you like very heavy insulation or something like a down jacket in conjunction with a fleece liner one size up is probably a good idea. The way I see it is even if somebody decides they do not like the jacket they can sent it back for a different size. They have an amazing return policy and are very easy to work with and at the price of $59 it's a screamin deal.

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2016, 03:14:00 PM »
Or you can just eat lots of bacon cheeseburgers until you fit the sizes they do have, like I did.  :o

Damn! I wish I had seen that before I placed my order. Oh well, shipping was only like 6 bucks
If I keep hitting the food trucks every Monday, I'll get there.  lol  I'd drive to pick it up in-store, but gas would cost more than $6 too. 

I read some reviews that the jacket was a little larger than the average size it represented. After getting mine, I didn't notice any of that. They certainly are not excessively long in the torso. Maybe the few reviewers that thought they ran large don't understand that this is a shell jacket and designed to layer under it for insulation? If you like very heavy insulation or something like a down jacket in conjunction with a fleece liner one size up is probably a good idea. The way I see it is even if somebody decides they do not like the jacket they can sent it back for a different size. They have an amazing return policy and are very easy to work with and at the price of $59 it's a screamin deal.
Ah, that does make sense.  I'll see what happens when it comes in.  Thanks.
R. Long

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2016, 04:43:52 PM »
Yep, I'm quoting you again because I forgot to ask what you have these mounted with.  I've looked at mounting, but wasn't sure if the mag light mounts work, or what.

I used QwikFist clamps:
https://www.amazon.com/Original-Quick-Fist%C2%AE-mounting-equipment/dp/B000CQPANY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475797325&sr=8-1&keywords=quick+fist+rubber+clamps
mounted on the doors:
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
R. Long