Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Wife going Rogue!  (Read 3254 times)

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
Wife going Rogue!
« on: March 24, 2016, 07:12:55 AM »
So on Feb. 18th, when I was at the Xterra Carnivore meet-up, my wife had the audacity to be in an accident.  She was coming home from work, sitting at a red light in her 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid.  A woman in a Suburban rear-ended her and knocked her into the car in front.  Then the woman took off after my wife confronted her.  A witness got a picture of her license plate and the cops tracked her down.  DUI.  It looks like the Honda is totaled.  Just waiting for them to tell us how much they will give us.

So last night, we test drove a Rogue.  SWMBO really liked it.  We are going with the AWD SL version with the electronics option package.  Anyone have anything that I need to watch for or make sure I get added?
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
Re: Wife going Rogue!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 09:06:29 AM »
Sorry to hear about her accident. Glad she's ok and glad they were able to track down the dirt bag who hit her.

I don't have any advice on what to add or watch for, but I will suggest that you check TrueCar.com for the "going price" before you purchase. This gives you a strong negotiating chip with the dealership, and if you actually end up going through TrueCar to make the purchase to get the price you saw, the dealership has to pay TrueCar a finder's fee so typically they'll just give you the price when you ask for it instead. This also helps you sort out any incentives that are available right now (instant rebates, financing offers, etc.) so you're informed on which incentives you want to take advantage of without the dealership swaying you toward one or the other. Often times they'll push you toward their low interest financing offer but you'd be better off taking the cash rebate instead, especially if you plan to finance through a credit union or something and get a low rate anyway.

My wife had a 2WD Rogue with a CVT trans for 6 years before we traded it in for her Pathfinder. She LOVED it. It was a great car and never gave us even a single problem other than a bad TPMS sensor.

Edit - I just looked at TrueCar and if you're looking for a 2016 model, they're basically selling for MSRP right now ($30k-$31K for an AWD SL). They don't even have the 2015 on their site anymore because dealerships aren't offering "certified prices" on them anymore. If there's still any 2015 inventory out there, you can probably get a good deal on it but you'll have to track it down yourself and negotiate. That's the bummer about buying a new car right at the beginning of the model year - you've got to pay full price. At this point, there probably won't really be any incentives until Memorial Day. :( But again, still a great vehicle and she won't be disappointed with it!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 10:20:50 AM by JFanaselle »

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 09:48:00 AM »
Glad that your wife is OK. 

The only thing to look out for are texting, drunken, soccer moms in armored cars.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 07:32:44 PM »
Well, last Thursday we picked up a 2016 Rogue SL AWD in gunmetal gray.  My wife is really happy with it, and I enjoy driving it too.  The 360-degree cameras are great for parking in tight spots.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 11:19:40 PM »
Congrats Tony!

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 06:27:13 PM »
Finally got around to taking a picture of it.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll21/tango-52/SWMBOs%20Rogue/IMG_1395.jpg
Wife going Rogue!