Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Rough winter  (Read 10457 times)

Paul

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 30
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
Rough winter
« on: March 01, 2009, 07:30:42 PM »
I scraped off the mud from Anza and put on the annual coat of wax and took the beast out for some pretty pictures. This area is basically in my backyard and I use to off-road there a few times a month. That was until the police started issuing tickets for driving off-road. Funny thing is that it's private property and the land owner doesn't care. Guess the city just needs to tax the off-road folks some.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/paul1960/Xterra/DSC_3766.jpg
Rough winter

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/paul1960/Xterra/DSC_3764.jpg
Rough winter

This is a cartoon effort from www.befunky.com.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/paul1960/Xterra/Xterra1.jpg
Rough winter
Sept 24, 2006 ... Off Work = Off Road
2005 350Z 35th Anniversary
2006 Xterra Off Road
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

xtoolbox

• 4wd Pts: 10
Re: Rough winter
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 08:39:48 AM »
Nice shots,  can you get in touch with the owner?   Maybe we should offer to do some maintenance in exchange for usage?  With a pass from the owner.

Brian 

Paul

• BOD
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 10:30:57 AM »
Nice shots,  can you get in touch with the owner?   Maybe we should offer to do some maintenance in exchange for usage?  With a pass from the owner.

Brian 

I was thinking along those lines. I hauled trash out of there without even being told or asking. I would be glad to buy a square foot of the place for $100 and then have passage rights thought the property. There's some fun little sections including a place I call "dead bug hill" as there was a beat-up rusted VW frame at the bottom of it. I towed that thing to the edge of the property and the city has since taken it out. There's a Nissan 300Z chassis up there too but it's in a tough place to tow out.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/paul1960/Xterra/Dust%20Bowl/P1120064.jpg
Rough winter
2006 Xterra Off Road

XterracerX

• 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 11:06:02 AM »
Nice pics Paul! I see you made it as XOTW in XOC! Congrats!
What kind of wax do you use? Did you actually get a ticket for being there?
Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst!

chad

• 4wd Pts: 2
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 01:07:37 PM »
nice pics what brand of wax do you use?
Hey don't get me wrong or anything, I have been in the outdoors but... is it always this dusty????

Paul

• BOD
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 08:46:15 PM »
That's "Ice" my wife's girlfriend gave me the kit for Christmas. It goes on clear and buffs off really easy.
2006 Xterra Off Road

Paul

• BOD
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 08:51:50 PM »
Nice pics Paul! I see you made it as XOTW in XOC! Congrats!
What kind of wax do you use? Did you actually get a ticket for being there?

Hey I just found out. Thanks.

Yeah I was about 25 feet off road when two off-road ATV's rolled up. When the dust settled it was two cops who pulled my license. I figured I wasn't doing anything wrong (outside of the dead hooker in the trunk) but found out that it was illegal. I was willing to take the warning ... but the guy writes me a ticket - my first in nearly 30 years. I asked if I was on private property and the cop said yes. I asked who owned the property ... the guy didn't know. I asked him if the city police were allowed to cite me on private property ... he wasn't liking my line of questioning and with the hooker in the trunk ... the guy said it was a $100 non-moving "parking ticket" and I could go to court and fight it. I figured it was just the city out looking for revenue.
2006 Xterra Off Road

FrankB

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 09:49:52 PM »
Hey I just found out. Thanks.

Yeah I was about 25 feet off road when two off-road ATV's rolled up. When the dust settled it was two cops who pulled my license. I figured I wasn't doing anything wrong (outside of the dead hooker in the trunk) but found out that it was illegal. I was willing to take the warning ... but the guy writes me a ticket - my first in nearly 30 years. I asked if I was on private property and the cop said yes. I asked who owned the property ... the guy didn't know. I asked him if the city police were allowed to cite me on private property ... he wasn't liking my line of questioning and with the hooker in the trunk ... the guy said it was a $100 non-moving "parking ticket" and I could go to court and fight it. I figured it was just the city out looking for revenue.

Paul, was this before or after your little "incident" with the Ranger in Fish Creek back in November? You know, the one where I had to calm the Ranger down, he was telling me he could have cited you, something about running over a rock or something.  ;D   You seem to have a pattern of run-ins with The Law.

Paul

• BOD
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 05:27:11 AM »
Paul, was this before or after your little "incident" with the Ranger in Fish Creek back in November? You know, the one where I had to calm the Ranger down, he was telling me he could have cited you, something about running over a rock or something.  ;D   You seem to have a pattern of run-ins with The Law.

Just call me "Wild Thing!". The odd thing is that before the conversation with the sherriff when bad I had mentioned that I had been off-roading up there for a couple of years and my neighbor had been doing the same for +20 years. A week later I read in the paper where they were cracking down on unlicensed drivers riding off-road ATV's and motorcycles and looking for people dumping trash. I'm not sure how I got caught up in that unless they considered the dead hooker trash.  ::)
2006 Xterra Off Road

SuperSlideStyle

• 4wd Pts: 19994
  • Are we ready? Not really but here we go!
    • 2013 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 08:02:50 AM »
I have personally had great success fighting 8 of 10 tickets in the last 8 years.  5 in person, 3 by submitting a plea in writing.  The fact that the cops were on private property issuing tickets withoult the owners knowledge or permission is ground enough for a judge to easily dismiss the case and you can save that cash for more upgrades or a bill or something.  I highly suggest you fight it.  You just plead not guilty, pay the bail amount, then either return to court and appear before the judge.  If the issuing officer fails to show up, the case is thrown out.  9 out of 10 times the officer chooses not to go.  If they work on the street, they get their usual pay, but if they go to court they only get paid $8 an hour while they are at the court house (I have several officers from different counties in my immediate family and know this firsthand).  Or you can submit a plea-in-writing.  If the officers even make time to write his side in writing over the mountain of paperwork they have to do, the judge will review both letters and make a decision.  If he finds in you favor either way, you get a full refund and the courts apologies.
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6 spd
2022 Acura MDX SH-AWD

fleury123

• 4wd Pts: 3
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 07:30:56 PM »
I was thinking along those lines. I hauled trash out of there without even being told or asking. I would be glad to buy a square foot of the place for $100 and then have passage rights thought the property. There's some fun little sections including a place I call "dead bug hill" as there was a beat-up rusted VW frame at the bottom of it. I towed that thing to the edge of the property and the city has since taken it out. There's a Nissan 300Z chassis up there too but it's in a tough place to tow out.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/paul1960/Xterra/Dust%20Bowl/P1120064.jpg
Rough winter

thats my car!!!!

The cartoon effect is interesting