Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: CANVAZ II - California Edition - BIG BEAR!!!! October 26th-28th  (Read 122250 times)

Pro4X-Gremlin

• 4wd Pts: 11
Re: CANVAZ II - California Edition - BIG BEAR!!!! October 26th-28th
« Reply #405 on: October 29, 2012, 10:10:08 AM »
Hi, all. 1st up, just want to say sorry we didn't make day 2. Personal stuffs came up. This was our 1st run with SCCX and we had a great time. We would most definitely attend future runs. There were so many new faces to meet, forgive me if I get any real and/or screen names wrong. Many thanks to you all for a fun day.

John/Ghost - many many thanks. what an event to coordinate. I had no idea what to expect, and one can see that you go above and beyond.

Randy - great tail gunner. thank you for all the insight and advice.

Doug/s14slide  - thanks for the personalized dog tags. way cool!

Daniel - MANY MANY thanks for the spotting, and advice for dealing with my trucks wanting to lurch. I can't tell you how confused, as a newbie, I got when trying to listen to you and having James talking & directing as well. Oye. LOL  It's been decided, we need to work on the husband/wife communications a little bit more....

Mark - thanks for reminding me not to tail gate. Especially behind those that have manuals.  I was quite anxious. Still learning. Sometimes I need those reminders.

Enjoyed meeting the wives on the trip: Nilda, Jill and all the others whose names I can't remember. Bummer, I was looking forward to meeting RockinX (yes, in my mere mortal form  ;D  and Shi819. It would be good to get to know a few more gals in the club.

And, if you are reading this, the guy who asked me why of all gremlins "why stripe" let me know who you are on line again. I couldn't  remember your name when talking to James.

Two of my biggest highlights:

Christian...you are a riot. Thanks for all the laffs.  From all the chewie sounds, and going forth into the chew-donkie jokes.  But, what I won't forget anytime soon...every-time I managed to bounce the sliders off the rocks....Booonnnnngggg....those shout outs....SLIDERS!!!!!...echo,echo,echo.. (Kenny / Steven...they are still in tact ;D  )

And, finally... to little Eli
For those 7 or 8 tiny handfuls of shiny,sparkly desert rocks he presented to me as gifts/souvenirs. What a cutie he is.

We are in process of downloading images of the go pro. James is the editor of all that good stuff. I should have some pics posted off my camera by this evening to share. Although I did not take as many as I normally would have because I was driving. 

Thank you, each and every one. You all had so much to offer. If I seemed a bit more quiet than I do vs on line postings, it was my turn to look, learn, & listen. You've all done great stuff with your trucks.

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #406 on: October 29, 2012, 10:51:39 AM »
Gremlin....it was a BLAST to have you two ahead of me and please pass along my thanks to James for helping me get my GOPRO set up....I have plenty of footage from Rattlesnake but it's soooo longgggg I want to edit some of the boring stuff out...

SLIDERS!!!!!

p.s. working on a pic of SCCX's new mascot, the Chew-donkey ;)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 12:29:05 PM by xxSVxx »

HEVAK

• 4wd Pts: 32
« Reply #407 on: October 29, 2012, 10:55:44 AM »

For sure Danny, thanks again to you.  I heard what you did for Alex on Gold Mountain, pulling him out of the way.  Father to father, I really appreciate that.  Almost makes up for the coaching on the PA while I was "geocaching".  ;)

Ummm, yeah, about that....Sorry, I got a little excited about clearing that section on the first shot and then the adrenaline took over. It might have not seemed like it at the time, but I was in full control. I think...

My only request is that Alex join us on all future runs with access to a PA or bull horn. That is one funny and witty young man. He delivered those lines perfectly from the peanut gallery. I'm so bummed we didn't get that exchange on video. Absolutely hilarious!!!
I love it when a plan comes together

SoCalXTerry

• 4wd Pts: 54
« Reply #408 on: October 29, 2012, 11:48:07 AM »
A big "shout out" and thank you to Doug, s14slide for making everyone who turned out personalized event dog tags.

Definitely above and beyond...serious kudos to you on your first club run!  :)

I would like to echo your thanks to Doug from me also.   Those dog tags are super.   Mine is riding proudly on my key ring.   Thank you again Doug.
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #409 on: October 29, 2012, 12:28:01 PM »
My only request is that Alex join us on all future runs with access to a PA or bull horn. That is one funny and witty young man. He delivered those lines perfectly from the peanut gallery. I'm so bummed we didn't get that exchange on video. Absolutely hilarious!!!

This you can be assured of...he had a great time.

I knew you were in control...Danny didn't.  :D :D :D
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #410 on: October 29, 2012, 02:10:19 PM »
Hey Guys and Gals,
Nilda and I had so much fun. Duh!!!   This club is really about the great people in it.  John as always keeps it light, safe and FUN.  Thanks go out to Doug for very thoughtful dog tags, to Jordan for everything from tailgunning and rounding up the lost Rusisians to truck and radio tips.  And thanks to Mark-Kickingtires for his expertise on Jacoby trail, and Christiaan for his humor and everybody for their patience, team work and making it such a great weekend.

Photos to follow.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #411 on: October 29, 2012, 02:41:51 PM »
Hey Randy!!

Great job tailgunning on Sat and leading yesterday!!!  Great job spotting and keeping eveyone in line while doing random radio checks to make sure we're all still awake....lol!!

Toro

• 4wd Pts: 126
  • yep, Dos XX and Chipotle
« Reply #412 on: October 29, 2012, 03:14:41 PM »
Ummm, yeah, about that....Sorry, I got a little excited about clearing that section on the first shot and then the adrenaline took over. It might have not seemed like it at the time, but I was in full control. I think...

I'll just make one statement. The wheels were turned right, and the truck was going left....way left. Everyone of us got the heel out of the way.
    I'm glad I got a chance to chat with Alex. He really has it together. You guys are doing a good job John.

HEVAK

« Reply #413 on: October 29, 2012, 03:24:51 PM »
It went by so fast. Bummed I missed it.  ;D

Dan mclovin

• 4wd Pts: 4
« Reply #414 on: October 29, 2012, 05:00:18 PM »
Hey I had a great time guys. Made it back to Vegas last night in one piece. That was my first wheeling trip in CA and it was great to see so many people came together for it. Saw alot of old faces and met some new ones too. I would like to thank everyone that came out and made it a great time.

I look forward to seeing alot of you guys and gals out in Vegas in 2013 for the next CANVAZ event. Plenty of time to upgrade those trucks.

Unbreakable

• 4wd Pts: 5
« Reply #415 on: October 29, 2012, 05:24:42 PM »
What a blast! Just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who had a hand in making the weekend a success, it was a great first experience and I can't wait for the next one!

John, thank you for making a newbie feel welcome and helping me along the way, and of course the spotting

Randy leading the way on Sunday

Matt for waiting for me on Sunday lol

Ray for answering all my questions before the weekend and guiding me through the weekend

And everyone else, looking forward to the next one!

Adarsh

HEVAK

« Reply #416 on: October 30, 2012, 08:11:01 AM »
This you can be assured of...he had a great time.

I knew you were in control...Danny didn't.  :D :D :D

As a matter of fact, I just ordered a PA speaker for my rig. Alex can ride shotgun and torment you from my rig anytime.  :D :D :D

cdagne

• 4wd Pts: 3
« Reply #417 on: October 30, 2012, 09:12:27 AM »
Thanks all for such an amazing weekend the Dagne family had an awesome time.

John you did an incredible job putting this all together and making it happen, Thank you!

Doug great job on the tags, great reminder of an awesome trip!

Randy thanks for trail leading on Sunday you did a fantastic job, we appreciate the diaper stop.  Gen I ADV (Armored Diaper Vehicle)

When my son and truck grow, looking forward to hitting Gold Mountain.

roadinspectress

• 4wd Pts: 7
« Reply #418 on: October 30, 2012, 11:56:41 AM »
John, thank you for putting together this wonderful event, and helping me though the rocks in rattlesnake canyon.
Randy - great job being the gunner on Saturday, and leader on Sunday. Jacoby Canyon sure was an adventure.
Adarsh - thank you for the use of your CB, it was greatly appreciated.
I proudly showed off my dog tag and photos from our event to the jeep people I work with.
Tom and I are looking forward to the next event!
Luana
God created asphalt so yuppies could go 4 wheeling

Unbreakable

• 4wd Pts: 5
« Reply #419 on: October 30, 2012, 01:33:46 PM »
I would like to echo your thanks to Doug from me also.   Those dog tags are super.   Mine is riding proudly on my key ring.   Thank you again Doug.

I must have missed Doug - didn't even know there were dog tags made till now :(