Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: 2018 American Adventurist Mountain Rendezvous  (Read 19035 times)

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
Re: 2018 American Adventurist Mountain Rendezvous
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2018, 08:59:06 AM »
I think I'm the only one bringing one so far. It would be really helpful to have two, as they're much smaller than a real campfire.

JeffBett

• 4wd Pts: 26
    • 06 Xterra
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2018, 11:29:52 AM »
I just noticed they posted a schedule and the Raffle and group photo has been moved to Sunday late morning, interesting?

SCUBA_Dale

• 4wd Pts: 39
    • 2015 Xterra Pro-4x
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2018, 11:42:04 AM »
I think I'm the only one bringing one so far. It would be really helpful to have two, as they're much smaller than a real campfire.
Fire Ninja is bringing his.

Sent from my Samsung Note 8 using Tapatalk

vegasvuk

• 4wd Pts: 11
    • 2019 Nissan Titan/2018 T4R
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2018, 11:59:29 AM »
I just noticed they posted a schedule and the Raffle and group photo has been moved to Sunday late morning, interesting?

I am pretty sure they were tired of people leaving right after the raffle sat night and not cleaning up on Sunday morning so they moved it.

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2018, 12:08:33 PM »
At the Desert Rendezvous, you only got a raffle ticket if you assisted in the cleanup of the shooting range.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

JeffBett

• 06 Xterra
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2018, 12:53:11 PM »
Interesting, for the $40, your chance of a good ROI is not that great, I didn't know people left at that point.  The Raffle isn't that special that it's the reason to go???

JeffBett

• 06 Xterra
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2018, 03:03:12 PM »
My friend Mike broke and axle tube last weekend and has decided not to go this weekend, does anyone here want his spot?

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2018, 09:33:55 PM »
Interesting, for the $40, your chance of a good ROI is not that great, I didn't know people left at that point.  The Raffle isn't that special that it's the reason to go???

If that's your MRV motivation...you're doing it wrong.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2018, 09:41:33 PM »
If that's your MRV motivation...you're doing it wrong.

I think he was making the same point. Basically saying that if people left after the raffle last year, then their primary motivation and timing mechanism was the raffle itself and it's not special enough for that.

I agree, but I also see AA's logic (if they are in-fact trying to get people to stay all the way to the end of the event at noon on Sunday) and I honestly think it'll work. What will happen though is everyone will pack up and be ready to go, they'll gather around the main fire ring for the raffle, and then there will be a mass exodus out of the place and log jam of vehicles trying to get back down the hill. I honestly liked the ability for folks to leave at their own will on Sunday morning much better.

Side note: It's looking more and more like the wife and boy and I won't make it up there until Saturday morning. :( There's craziness at both of our jobs, and I don't see any way I'll be home before 6:30 pm tomorrow. At that point, it's not the brightest idea to head up the mountain and arrive at 8:30 or 9:00 pm to try and set up camp in the dark. So unless I can pull off a miracle and get out of the office several hours earlier than I thought, we'll be up there sometime around 6:30 am on Saturday morning so that we can still contribute to the breakfast (I have a whole ton of bacon and sausage that I purchased just for this event). Sorry that you'll be short a fire pit on Friday night.

See you guys early Saturday morning!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 09:43:04 PM by JFanaselle »

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2018, 09:59:30 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out ROI   ???
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

EJsarus

• 4wd Pts: 52
    • 5th gen T4R
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2018, 10:08:41 PM »
I think he was making the same point. Basically saying that if people left after the raffle last year, then their primary motivation and timing mechanism was the raffle itself and it's not special enough for that.

I agree, but I also see AA's logic (if they are in-fact trying to get people to stay all the way to the end of the event at noon on Sunday) and I honestly think it'll work. What will happen though is everyone will pack up and be ready to go, they'll gather around the main fire ring for the raffle, and then there will be a mass exodus out of the place and log jam of vehicles trying to get back down the hill. I honestly liked the ability for folks to leave at their own will on Sunday morning much better.

Side note: It's looking more and more like the wife and boy and I won't make it up there until Saturday morning. :( There's craziness at both of our jobs, and I don't see any way I'll be home before 6:30 pm tomorrow. At that point, it's not the brightest idea to head up the mountain and arrive at 8:30 or 9:00 pm to try and set up camp in the dark. So unless I can pull off a miracle and get out of the office several hours earlier than I thought, we'll be up there sometime around 6:30 am on Saturday morning so that we can still contribute to the breakfast (I have a whole ton of bacon and sausage that I purchased just for this event). Sorry that you'll be short a fire pit on Friday night.

See you guys early Saturday morning!

Im scheduled to arrive Sat morning.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2018, 10:06:54 AM »
I think he was making the same point.

Yup...re-read the context.  I saw the same exodus post raffle in '16...
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2018, 03:04:23 PM »
Welcome home everyone! What an amazing trip. :D

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2018, 03:18:40 PM »
My favorite part of the entire trip was those O'Brian potatoes that got cooked up for breakfast!!
Isaiah 6:8

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2018, 03:57:34 PM »
Awesome pictures ,way to capture the weekend Joe

My favorite part of the entire trip was those O'Brian potatoes that got cooked up for breakfast!!
They were way to salty for me
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch