Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: What have you done for your Rig lately.  (Read 488830 times)

ultrapc40

• 4wd Pts: 47
  • Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
Re: What have you done for your Rig lately.
« Reply #1515 on: January 28, 2018, 08:49:38 PM »
I got a zero degree pressure washer tip. Today I attacked the remaining mud I had stuck way up in the top rear of the truck bed.

Got two cans of black paint and 1 quart of POR 15 to coat the frame once I know all the mud is gone.

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #1516 on: January 29, 2018, 04:27:25 AM »
I got a zero degree pressure washer tip. Today I attacked the remaining mud I had stuck way up in the top rear of the truck bed.

Got two cans of black paint and 1 quart of POR 15 to coat the frame once I know all the mud is gone.

That POR-15 is good stuff. I'm still trying to find where all that salt, I mean mud is hiding out.
Isaiah 6:8

PainRoller

• 4wd Pts: 46
  • DILLIGAF
    • 2009 Bad Ass Xterra - Rig Name: PEPE
« Reply #1517 on: January 29, 2018, 05:50:06 PM »
FiG took the front sway bar off...... :o :o

We'll see how long this lasts......

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #1518 on: January 29, 2018, 06:53:57 PM »
What spring rate do you have on the front?
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #1519 on: January 30, 2018, 08:14:16 AM »
FiG took the front sway bar off...... :o :o

We'll see how long this lasts......

You'll quickly grow accustomed to it.
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

PainRoller

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #1520 on: January 30, 2018, 10:33:17 AM »
What spring rate do you have on the front?

Pretty sure 750 lb.....my old brain forgets stuff....

You'll quickly grow accustomed to it.

We both drove it on the freeway yesterday.  Didn't really notice any difference.  A slight bit of body roll, but nothing freaky. 

Right now Pepe is riding without the skid plates or the RTT.  So it will be interesting if those 2 things change the overall feel without the sway bars in. 

Also, removing both things has put the PEP back in PEPE!!   >:D >:D

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #1521 on: January 30, 2018, 12:23:05 PM »
Pretty sure 750 lb.....my old brain forgets stuff....

We both drove it on the freeway yesterday.  Didn't really notice any difference.  A slight bit of body roll, but nothing freaky. 

Right now Pepe is riding without the skid plates or the RTT.  So it will be interesting if those 2 things change the overall feel without the sway bars in. 

Also, removing both things has put the PEP back in PEPE!!   >:D >:D

Wow you 2 are troopers ,I'm scared to take my skids off , I think ? What if they never fit back on :'(
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

knightrider

• Administrator
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #1522 on: January 30, 2018, 12:25:22 PM »
the RTT will introduce a little more body roll in the turns, 150lbs on the roof will do that, but I bet you will still like it, the front suspension probably feels way better on bumps.
Jordan - K6XTE

PainRoller

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #1523 on: January 30, 2018, 01:26:01 PM »
Wow you 2 are troopers ,I'm scared to take my skids off , I think ? What if they never fit back on :'(

First time we've taken them off.  But there was about 2 inches of Soda Lake mud on the inside of them..... even with all the pressure washings, boat ramp dunking, etc....

It was definitely time - needed to assess any rust issues - Soda Lake just provided the final straw.  ;)

PainRoller

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #1524 on: January 30, 2018, 01:28:41 PM »
the RTT will introduce a little more body roll in the turns, 150lbs on the roof will do that, but I bet you will still like it, the front suspension probably feels way better on bumps.

Yeah, but I'm hoping the skid weight will counter-balance the RTT  ::) ::)

Both you and Rick have that fancy Titan Swap, don'tcha?  I'm assuming that stance helps with any body rolling..... too fancy and expensive for us po' folk.....

Edit:  We don't need to worry about extending the brake lines with the front sway bar off,  do we?!?!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 01:36:31 PM by PainRoller »

ultrapc40

• 4wd Pts: 47
  • Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
« Reply #1525 on: January 30, 2018, 01:33:34 PM »
Actually having a wider stance with the lower shocks mount move outbound will generate more roll.
Here is a cool video explaining it

knightrider

• Administrator
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #1526 on: January 30, 2018, 02:19:24 PM »
no need to extend brake lines unless you titan swap. 

And Spencer has a point, the titan LCA has the lower shock mount out further so if everything like shock damping and spring rate remains the same(like using the same coilovers after titan swapping) the suspension actually gets a bit softer due to a higher leverage ratio.  I have 700 springs and I find the suspension to be fine even when loaded down with camping gear and RTT, of course I thought it was ok with 600lb springs :D
Jordan - K6XTE

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #1527 on: January 30, 2018, 02:44:04 PM »
First time we've taken them off.  But there was about 2 inches of Soda Lake mud on the inside of them..... even with all the pressure washings, boat ramp dunking, etc....

It was definitely time - needed to assess any rust issues - Soda Lake just provided the final straw.  ;)
Yeah, but I'm hoping the skid weight will counter-balance the RTT  ::) ::)

Both you and Rick have that fancy Titan Swap, don'tcha?  I'm assuming that stance helps with any body rolling..... too fancy and expensive for us po' folk.....

Edit:  We don't need to worry about extending the brake lines with the front sway bar off,  do we?!?!
I also have all of my skid plates off right now.  I pressure washed the truck again after I got home on Tuesday after the trip.  Then I ran it through the touchless the next day, mud was still coming off.  Last Sunday, I dropped the skids and crawled (literally) under the truck the hose and sprayer and spent about an hour getting into the nooks and crannies.  After that, I headed to the car wash, again, and spent 45 minutes under the truck with a pressure washer.  I think I'm good now.  I don't think I have mud left in the nooks. 

On the Titan swap subject...I don't think my handling is due to the swap, so much as to the extra long bump stops I have up front.  My springs are actually rated around 500lbs.  However, I'm just barely sitting on the stops right now because I'm running the Tundra 5100s that don't have much rebound room.  The stops are soft and compress a lot, but they kind of act in a similar fashion to a sway bar.  I'm looking forward to getting my Radflos in, going back to OEM stops, and actually having some compression ability in my front suspension.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 02:47:33 PM by RikRong »
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

PainRoller

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #1528 on: February 01, 2018, 09:59:30 PM »
I also have all of my skid plates off right now.  I pressure washed the truck again after I got home on Tuesday after the trip.  Then I ran it through the touchless the next day, mud was still coming off.  Last Sunday, I dropped the skids and crawled (literally) under the truck the hose and sprayer and spent about an hour getting into the nooks and crannies.  After that, I headed to the car wash, again, and spent 45 minutes under the truck with a pressure washer.  I think I'm good now.  I don't think I have mud left in the nooks. 

Yeah, I ran Pepe thru the self wash AGAIN!!  Figured I'd get better results with the skids off.  So many more chunks of mud removed - yikes!  :o

Took Pepe to dealership for Anti-Roll Airbag Recall.

And FiG KILLED IT today by changing ALL the fluids (diff, transmission, transfer case, and engine).  Most of the fluids looked like they were in decent shape, except the transfer case.  That was really dark and had some shavings.....  :(

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #1529 on: February 08, 2018, 10:22:29 PM »
Finally upgraded my rear Bump Stop game
Hello Timbren  :D
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch