Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Hello from Antelope Valley!  (Read 4534 times)

byrdmanranger

• 4wd Pts: 1
    • 2015 Xterra Pro-4X M/T
Hello from Antelope Valley!
« on: November 02, 2021, 08:18:41 PM »
After moving out of LA into the mountains of the AV, I got the itch to get me a capable off roader. Something that could handle the washboard dirt road on the test site I work at.  My Focus ST wasn't having any of it.  After losing a 2014 Pro-4X M/T when CarMax screwed up my hold and transfer request and sold that beauty 1 hour after releasing it, I've been obsessively searching for another.  Six months later, I got a hold of a 2015 Pro-4X M/T in Lava Red, and I've been loving the hell out of it.

I'm currently debating a Titan Swap vs a 3" lift, and I'm starting to mock up some designs for turning it into a weekend overlander.  If you're ever near Mojave, Tehachapi, or down a bit further south near Murrieta/Temecula, hit me up. 

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
Re: Hello from Antelope Valley!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 08:41:03 PM »
Welcome to SCCX , let the MOD bug begin
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

byrdmanranger

• 4wd Pts: 1
    • 2015 Xterra Pro-4X M/T
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 08:56:47 PM »

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 06:33:23 AM »
I just moved from the AV a couple of summers ago.  However, there are a few members on here from the Murrieta/Temecula area, too.
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 11:54:34 AM »
Welcome from the OC.
Don't limit yourself on the lift.  The titan swap is the best for articulation and will give you a small lift due to suspension geometry, but adding adjustable front shocks will give up to 5" of lift with the swap.  I added a 2" body lift and was able to fit 35's with minor trimming.

Have fun! :D
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2021, 10:34:58 AM »
Welcome! I'm in Murrieta. I sold my Xterra last year, but I'm always happy to help turn wrenches or answer any questions. You're going to love this rig :)