Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: New Hemet Member  (Read 7384 times)

HEVAK

• 4wd Pts: 32
Re: New Hemet Member
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 07:12:33 AM »
Yeah, start em young. She'll see a lot of this beautiful country that her friends will have a hard time getting to in moms Prius.

You can do some serious damage with 10K. But you can equip your rig nicely for much less. Start with some rock sliders and go from there.

Enjoy ModificationXidis...
I love it when a plan comes together

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 07:37:05 AM »
You guys rock!!!  Thanks for the welcome and I certainly have the disease.  I have close to 10k in mods planned but that'll take some time and some spousal convincing.  Wish I could join you guys on the 16th but I'll be doing my taxes in Julian.  Anyone know any good trails for a stock X and beginner driver in that area?

Rodriguez Canyon near Banner (east side of Julian) is a good one.  A little farther east and Anza Borrego opens up a whole host of trails for stock 4wd's.  Blair Valley is great, and the Pictograph Trail there and Marshal South Trail are both great for kids/hiking.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 07:39:05 AM by GhostX »
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Toro

• 4wd Pts: 126
  • yep, Dos XX and Chipotle
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 08:17:09 AM »
There's also Holcomb in BigBear, Claw Hammer in Johnson Valley and Odessa/Doran in Calico. Those are favorites of mine ;)

MtnClimber

• 4wd Pts: 2
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 10:41:52 AM »
@ Hevak:  How did you know her mom and friend's moms drive Prius'?  I plan on doing the suspension and rock sliders first. Probably Fox 2.0 coil overs and an AAL, but I'm also considering Icon 2.5 Coil Overs and AAL/Shackle.  I like the white knuckle rock sliders alot.  BTW I have discussions on this forum to thank for my choices thus far.

@GhostX and Toro:  Thanks for the trail advice.  Probably taking the daughter up Rousch Ridge today.