Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Another new one from San Diego  (Read 10866 times)

beachcruiser

• 4wd Pts: 0
    • Glacier White 2014 4x4
Another new one from San Diego
« on: March 28, 2016, 11:53:33 AM »
Hey everyone!

Just picked up a 2014 Glacier white 4x4 X with 41k miles. Bought it certified from Mossy Nissan so it came with the 100k mile warranty.

I've been looking for a certified (or close to) white 4x4 and they seemed too good to be true, especially in San Diego and Riverside County. its also an automatic and my first suv/truck. I've had manual 350z, 3 wrxs, a few 240s, and a handful of hondas. It feels amazing to finally sit in a vehicle and not worry about which gear I'm in while in SD traffic.

I plan on ordering shrockworks bumper/sides/rear soon since their build time is at 3 months right now.

By the time the shrock stuff comes I should have a 2-3" lift by prg/radflo or similar. Havent picked a kit yet.

Also looking at some 33" toyo or similar A/T tires.

Im really looking forward to joining you guys on some adventures and getting out there with this thing!

here she is

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
Re: Another new one from San Diego
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 12:25:25 PM »
Ohh, all other white Xterra guys are going to be happy!  Have fun with the build and welcome.  A good chunk of the people in SCCX are from the SD area.  If you have questions or need help with mods, just put out a call and I'm sure someone will be able to help.
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

CVXTERRA

• 4wd Pts: 18
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 01:12:53 PM »
Welcome from Pasadena! Congrats on the great find!

beedee

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 02:54:38 PM »
Welcome, I'm the proud owner of a white Xterra myself! Ironically, it came from Mossy, but I did not buy it at Mossy. I also had a couple WRX's in the past!

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 03:11:20 PM »
Welcome from Murrieta, and congrats on the new purchase! I'm also a member of the white Xterra club, although I think mine is called "avalanche white." As the legendary "Ghost X" (now Geo Yota) once told me right after I purchased mine, the Avalanche guys are the "coolest" rigs out there in the desert - I suppose that applies to glaciers too.  O0

If you're free on Thursdays, I highly recommend you attend one of the San Diego dinner meet and greet events, which take place on the 3rd Thursday of each month. Lately, we've been holding them at the In n Out on Community Road in Poway, but keep any eye on this thread for updates because it changes up every now and then: http://www.sccxterra.com/smf/index.php?topic=2699.255

And one last word of advice... It sounds like you're well on your way to a nice build, but beware of that pesky "mod bug." Once it bites you, you'll catch a major infectious disease that will leave you with a tricked-out ride and an empty wallet.  >:D

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 03:24:37 PM »
Welcome from Mission Hills
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 05:54:48 PM »
Yeah, the Glacier white is so much cooler than the Avalanche white (all puns imagined).

Welcome, from as far north in SD without wearing camies.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

beachcruiser

• Glacier White 2014 4x4
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 06:04:33 PM »
Thanks everyone! I will definitely look for a few meets in the SD area. I grew up in Murrieta from 89-09 and still have some family in the Menifee/canyon lake area I visit quite often.

The mod bug has already bit off quite a bit, but I have been saving for a while. I've been driving an 02 pos civic for the past year just so I can have a bit extra to start with on the Xterra. I've also been lurking here and newX quite a bit so I can get a good idea on whats functional and popular....and so i don't run around asking a bunch of questions that have been answered already  ;D

The only downfall of this X model is it didn't come with power MIRRORS so ill be looking to source those componets out from ebay/junkyards etc. But it did come with bluetooth which was a big plus.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 02:13:14 PM by beachcruiser »

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 06:18:57 PM »
Welcome from Escondido.

...and everything Joe said.

Sent from Cygnus X-1
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

OffRdX

• 4wd Pts: 6
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2016, 07:50:25 PM »
Welcome from El Cajon, got my X from Mossy as well.  Definitely post up when you're ready to start installing!

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2016, 08:51:19 PM »
Yeah, the Glacier white is so much cooler than the Avalanche white (all puns imagined).

yes, but avalanches move so much faster than glaciers. :)

valentin36

• 4wd Pts: 7
    • 2012 Nissan Xterra S
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2016, 10:13:13 PM »
Another white X!! Well sounds like you'll have fun here!!

lutsie

• 4wd Pts: 3
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 08:02:03 AM »
Welcome from Escondido

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Riz98

• 4wd Pts: 8
  • PBR ASAP
    • 2002 Nissan Xterra
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2016, 10:05:18 PM »
Welcome from San Diego.  I just sold an 06 Aspen White Sti before I bought the X.  Kind of miss the subie but was becoming too impractical for a family of four

XterraDAYGO

• 2005 Xterra Off Road
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2016, 06:14:14 AM »
Hey there , I have on hand a right front and a right rear window regulator with motor that I'm selling....