Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Hello from north of the grapevine  (Read 8227 times)

Xrod

• 4wd Pts: 0
    • 2007 Nissan Xterra x
Re: Hello from north of the grapevine
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2016, 08:54:29 PM »
Well all its time I'm heading over to the build thread... Just waiting on a few parts from PRGreg and the swap will be ready.
This ain't my first rodeo!

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2016, 10:50:31 AM »
Yah I looked into that and it would be much more $$$ as I am rolling with 3.13 gears and would have to regear my rear end or say screw it and go to the m226 Titan (which would be bad a$$)

Having done this, I did opt to regear the R180 (diff swap) and C200K rear end to 3.36.  If you are going to Titan Swap the front, you will be achieving about 4.5-5" of suspension lift in the front.  Complimenting this with new leafs and adjustable shackles is the common route....which leads to taller tires, hence the gearing mods.

This all begs the question...will you be seriously off roading your Xterra or just a lift for the look?  If you are truly headed for rockier pastures, spend the extra $$$ and re-gear now, to at least 3.36, preferably 4.10 to roll your larger 285's/305's for serious off road travel (both kinds  ;) ).

Just a few suggestions as you head towards Titan Swap territory... :) :) :)
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

OffRdX

• 4wd Pts: 6
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2016, 10:17:03 PM »
Welcome from El Cajon!  I grew up in Visalia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk