Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Xterra - a "Bro" truck? (article)  (Read 14397 times)

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
Xterra - a "Bro" truck? (article)
« on: August 06, 2015, 03:21:06 PM »
http://www.automobilemag.com/features/lists/1507-the-15-most-bro-cars/

In my web search for cool memes to add to the Off Road Nights thread, I stumbled upon the above article. According to automobile magazine, the Xterra makes the list of top 15 bro vehicles. I've never seen a so-cal bro driving an Xterra. While I do agree with a few of these (the BMW, the Eclipse, the Subaru), most are a bit off. And the Toyota Tacoma, Toyota Tundra or Nissan Titan didn't even make the list! Seems as if their definition of a "bro" is really more of a "punk" or "yuppy."
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 03:22:52 PM by JFanaselle »

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
Re: Xterra - a "Bro" truck? (article)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 03:33:45 PM »
Yeah....sounds like the guy doesn't even understand what a bro-dozer is anyway...

Makes me wanna CHANNEL 8 his ass....

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 03:52:26 PM »
To be fair, in the scheme of the article, they were pretty friendly!

Most likely to be seen: Hauling mountain bikes to the trail.
Nissan captured the active-lifestyle, rough-and-tumble attitude of the early 2000s when it released the rugged Xterra, and young people took notice. This off-road-ready SUV is all about getting dirty and adventuring beyond the beaten path, and plenty of outdoorsy bros love the Xterra for what it is. Sadly, the Xterra probably won
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 03:56:16 PM by steve c »
Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

steve c

• 2012 Pro4Steve
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 03:53:30 PM »
A socal bro is much different from a back east or even midwest bro

Socal bro.  Brodozer, donkey buster monster hat.  

This article is referring to frat bros.  
Steve - KK6OFL

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 06:21:14 PM »
Yeah....sounds like the guy doesn't even understand what a bro-dozer is anyway...

HAHAHHAHA...That was outstandingly funny on so many different levels..............One of those had to be there moments!!!!
Isaiah 6:8

Celt

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 06:23:12 PM »
http://www.automobilemag.com/features/lists/1507-the-15-most-bro-cars/

In my web search for cool memes to add to the Off Road Nights thread, I stumbled upon the above article. According to automobile magazine, the Xterra makes the list of top 15 bro vehicles. I've never seen a so-cal bro driving an Xterra. While I do agree with a few of these (the BMW, the Eclipse, the Subaru), most are a bit off. And the Toyota Tacoma, Toyota Tundra or Nissan Titan didn't even make the list! Seems as if their definition of a "bro" is really more of a "punk" or "yuppy."

Yeah, I think that idiot is clueless of what a SoCal "Bro" is.....

FrankB

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 09:16:17 PM »
Has everyone forgotten that in the early years more Xterras were sold to women than men?  I don't recall the exact numbers, but I seem to recall that there were more women than men buyers; at least more than one might expect for what we think of the Xterra as being.  There were many who thought that the Xterra was a "chick" car.  There was one guy on XOC (an old SCCX member I think) who used to refer to the Xterra as a "soccermommycar". 

Not that I mind who buys them, and we've had some great women members in the club over the years.

By the way, I've never heard the expression "bro-dozer" before.  What is that, and what is a "bro" in this context?

Celt

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 09:31:56 PM »
Has everyone forgotten that in the early years more Xterras were sold to women than men?  I don't recall the exact numbers, but I seem to recall that there were more women than men buyers; at least more than one might expect for what we think of the Xterra as being.  There were many who thought that the Xterra was a "chick" car.  There was one guy on XOC (an old SCCX member I think) who used to refer to the Xterra as a "soccermommycar". 

Not that I mind who buys them, and we've had some great women members in the club over the years.

By the way, I've never heard the expression "bro-dozer" before.  What is that, and what is a "bro" in this context?

A bro-dozer is a ultra lifted truck, usually with the front end jacked up as high as possible and made to look like some sort of white trash trophy truck. They are commonly 2wd and have the clearance of a snail in a lettuce field. They can be easily identified by having more speaker systems than Carter has liver pills.

They are normally driven by a "bro" which is someone who likes to start lots of fights and generally be a PITA to everyone within earshot around them. They commonly show up in places where peace and serenity is desired and provide everyone within earshot of them with the latest cool guy rap music. They can be easily spotted by their flat brimmed baseball style hats that they tuck the tops of their ears into. They commonly wear low knee length Dickie brand shorts with socks that come up over the calf. T-shirts may vary depending upon the species. I have heard they subsist on Monster Energy drinks or Red Bull. They are generally loathed by anyone who does any actual off roading and rock crawling. Membership into the "Bro" community generally consists of going to a Motorcross event and getting drunk to see how many fist fights you can get into. You get more points for getting arrested. If you get probation and have to wear an ankle bracelet GPS locator, you are automatically elevated to Hero-Bro status. Most of the time the "Bro" progresses into the modern day "tweeker" around the ripe old age of 24-25 that skulks about your local neighborhood during the wee hours of the morning in search of HID light bars and Toyo MT 35's that aren't locked to supplement their income.

steve c

• 2012 Pro4Steve
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 09:35:20 PM »
Has everyone forgotten that in the early years more Xterras were sold to women than men?  I don't recall the exact numbers, but I seem to recall that there were more women than men buyers; at least more than one might expect for what we think of the Xterra as being.  There were many who thought that the Xterra was a "chick" car.  There was one guy on XOC (an old SCCX member I think) who used to refer to the Xterra as a "soccermommycar".  

By the way, I've never heard the expression "bro-dozer" before.  What is that, and what is a "bro" in this context?

Socal Bro

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/dontstoptilyougetit/ladykillas.jpg

Brodozer

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/Rizzlenoss/Brodozer.jpg

Also see: brodozer

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee386/elliot2fastjameson/ranger2011031.jpg

Related: Donkey buster

« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 09:38:13 PM by steve c »
Steve - KK6OFL

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 09:44:55 PM »
Thanks for 'splainin.  I'm with Frank on all this new lingo.  

I decree, as BOD;  No more hipster verbage without subtitles ;D

Christiaan, you have been warned!!!
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Celt

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 10:38:29 PM »
"Bro's" and "Hipsters" I'm not sure those two could intermingle and breed. They are both inherently stooped and have no ability to do anything but further erode society. Hipsters go to places that "aren't" cool so they are cool while the Bro's go to places just to F*&k stuff up for no good reason other than because they are "bros."

If you want a good indoctrination of a "bro" go to Tierra Del Sol or a Motocross stadium event you will get your fill of them. Hipsters, completely different environment. Head to "Abnormal Heights, in San Diego and go to any of the non-cool but cool establishments like the "CoinOp" bar or U-31 etc etc, and you will see "Hipsters." They are largely impersonating Lumberjacks although if you looked at their hands you won't see a callous on them but they sure like the beards and the flannel shirts. There really isn't a commonality between a "Bro" and a "Hipster" other than they should all be not given one .0032% of your time.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 03:00:42 AM »
A bro-dozer is a ultra lifted truck, usually with the front end jacked up as high as possible and made to look like some sort of white trash trophy truck. They are commonly 2wd and have the clearance of a snail in a lettuce field. They can be easily identified by having more speaker systems than Carter has liver pills.

They are normally driven by a "bro" which is someone who likes to start lots of fights and generally be a PITA to everyone within earshot around them. They commonly show up in places where peace and serenity is desired and provide everyone within earshot of them with the latest cool guy rap music. They can be easily spotted by their flat brimmed baseball style hats that they tuck the tops of their ears into. They commonly wear low knee length Dickie brand shorts with socks that come up over the calf. T-shirts may vary depending upon the species. I have heard they subsist on Monster Energy drinks or Red Bull. They are generally loathed by anyone who does any actual off roading and rock crawling. Membership into the "Bro" community generally consists of going to a Motorcross event and getting drunk to see how many fist fights you can get into. You get more points for getting arrested. If you get probation and have to wear an ankle bracelet GPS locator, you are automatically elevated to Hero-Bro status. Most of the time the "Bro" progresses into the modern day "tweeker" around the ripe old age of 24-25 that skulks about your local neighborhood during the wee hours of the morning in search of HID light bars and Toyo MT 35's that aren't locked to supplement their income.

This is, by far, the best and most accurate (and funniest) explaination of a bro and bro-dozer I've ever seen. Well done, sir! To add to the conversation - see also; bro-hoe or bro-ho: A member of the female gender who enjoys the male company of the above defined bro. In addition to being in the passenger seat of a bro-dozer, they can also be identified by their excessive trendy tattoos in highly visible places (it used to be that the tramp stamp was most popular, but the full sleeve or partial sleeve seems to be more popular of late), large fake breasts, overly-tanned skin, skimpy clothing, dyed-blonde hair and overly-applied lip liner. Examples:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c187/matt_main/l_33a9993bd6f71cd61d551ece2afbcaab.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j268/PhxHomie/brohoe-1.jpg
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 03:03:02 AM by JFanaselle »

Celt

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 06:56:35 AM »
Ah yes, we must also include the Bro-Ho in that list to make it complete!

By the way man, did you get me my Monster sticker?.?.?.?.?.?.?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 06:58:38 AM by Celt »

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 07:37:01 AM »

Lulz...

(Bro-chuckles...for Duffman)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 10:06:03 AM »
Yeah, can someone give me the 411 on 'channel 8 his ass'?

Then let's never talk about this again.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO