Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: What have you done for your Rig lately.  (Read 488894 times)

Riz98

• 4wd Pts: 8
  • PBR ASAP
    • 2002 Nissan Xterra
Re: What have you done for your Rig lately.
« Reply #1320 on: November 25, 2016, 08:55:46 AM »
  Was that stemming from the air leak we were hearing last new years?

Yeah that was the same air fitting.  Once the tank hit full air pressure I could wiggle the fitting and it would seal up but the last couple trips it had a constant leak.

EJsarus

• 4wd Pts: 52
    • 5th gen T4R
« Reply #1321 on: November 25, 2016, 09:10:39 AM »
After some nervous time, I took my X to the dealer to get the noisey timing chain guides replaced (they were pretty bad). Had everything changed, with SP changed as well. BUT the noise is still there.... Now im thinking its something in my valvetrain.... :(

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #1322 on: November 25, 2016, 09:46:26 AM »
Yeah that was the same air fitting.  Once the tank hit full air pressure I could wiggle the fitting and it would seal up but the last couple trips it had a constant leak.

Cool, glad you were able to get that leak fixed so your compressor isn't running on constant cycle.
Isaiah 6:8

beedee

« Reply #1323 on: November 25, 2016, 08:37:02 PM »
Changed the oil and put in a new air filter today.

beedee

« Reply #1324 on: November 27, 2016, 08:45:59 AM »
Ordered these last night, figured my OEM 4600's were getting tired with 72k on them, plus Inadded a 2" shackle lift a couple months back so the extra travel these offer will be nice. Special thanks to Rick for always answering my questions, much appreciated!

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p90/stellaplease/437E7474-23A2-4068-BFE0-69B7BFCC3513_zpsl2qqyidz.jpeg
What have you done for your Rig lately.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #1325 on: January 04, 2017, 04:12:00 PM »
Installed some Bora 1.5" wheel spacers today. I was running spacers previously when I had 32s, but took them off and sold them when I upgraded to 33s because I wasn't ready to trim/modify my fenders for clearance. Well I decided I like the wider track much better on the mountain roads, especially with the front and rear sway bars removed. I also forgot just how great the beefy stance looks. :)

I had to do some very minor modifications to the very bottom rear corners of the front fenders. I just followed the same process this guy did (he's actually the guy I bought the spacers from and recommended I do the same): http://www.thenewx.org/forum/50-members-xterra/204626-albatrosscafes-flexterra-now-snorkel-11.html#post3430057

Anyway, here are some photos:

Before:
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

After:

beedee

« Reply #1326 on: January 04, 2017, 04:42:27 PM »
Looks great Joe. I have contemplated some 1.25 or 1.5" spacers myself.

Last Friday I removed my 2" spacer and 2" shackle lift. I do have the Habitat Offroad Rear Recovery Points on their way, assuming they'll be here by Friday.

beedee

« Reply #1327 on: January 15, 2017, 08:37:28 AM »
Here are pix of my install of my Habitat Offroad rear recovery points.  Ryan at HO couldn't have been any cooler when it came to ordering and customer service! I wanted to go this route because I never tow, and loathe how low the OEM hitch sits beneath the bumper. Adding the rear hitch shackle in it ate up even more clearance.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p90/stellaplease/497F17CB-A9EE-42F4-9BA7-BEB453042B99_zpsvrhgnsgv.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p90/stellaplease/950971CD-4ADA-4511-AF2B-C9137C43CB5A_zps1nbonlvv.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p90/stellaplease/070CA56E-94AC-4DB3-B4B6-99AF03C9EFAD_zps88ezabdh.jpg

I used an extra bumper I acquired for a 6-pack of beer (thanks to member KJSWA) so I wouldn't have to cut my own bumper. I used a Dremel with a metal cutting wheel and it worked great. Make sure you cut along the outside of your traced line for maximum clearance. Also, I decided to use Rustoleum Hammered Gray for the final top coat after priming. I couldn't get the VHT Cast Aluminum to look good across the entire bumper. I'm sure it is great for touching up the cut/exposed edges.

Thanks again Habitat Offroad!

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #1328 on: January 15, 2017, 03:17:36 PM »
Just a couple pennies, don't store your shackles on the recovery points.  The screw pin should be loose in the shackle so that it can be removed by hand when needed, but they will disappear(fall off) due to vibration or thieves will take them.  Best place is to keep them with your recovery strap, the wetbox is a handy place. :D
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

beedee

« Reply #1329 on: January 15, 2017, 05:51:49 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. I just put them on for the photo. I keep a backpack in the cargo area full of recovery items.

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #1330 on: January 15, 2017, 07:29:03 PM »
Completed an HID projector retrofit. My first one ever. It was a bit of a PITA and there were surely some lessons learned, but this is a HUGE improvement over my OEM lights, which were in terrible shape.

Before:

After:

Some shots of the project... I started out with a pair of headlights I purchased on Craigslist. They were in pretty good shape (especially compared to mine), but I wanted them to look brand new. I used the typical oven method to disassemble them. Once disassembled, I tinted out the amber corner reflectors with VHT Night Shades paint. I also used the Night Shades on the OEM reflector inside the housings, but I used about 5 coats to give them a "black chrome" look. I then used satin black paint on the trim ring after sanding the factory chrome off of them. For my lights, I used the basic H1 bi-xenon projectors (the ones that don't require any trimming) with "mini gatling gun" shrouds, and I painted the shrouds with some "aluminum" colored paint, because I think it looks nicer than the cheap chrome that they came finished with. Once they were re-assembled, I used a headlight restore kit on the lenses before spraying a few layers of acrylic clear coat on them to protect them from hazing up as bad my old ones did. Once the clear coat was dry, I polished the crap out of it for hours and hours to give it a crystal clear finish.

Out with the old, and in with the new:

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 07:36:56 PM by JFanaselle »

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
« Reply #1331 on: January 15, 2017, 10:22:30 PM »
THey look awesome.  Way too much effort for me.  I have to question your abilities as a pro photographer.  Most pro's get the angle so they aren't in their picture, or is this one of those bad selfies you see on the internet? At least your dressed> ;) :D
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #1332 on: January 16, 2017, 12:18:29 PM »
Haha, yeah... I didn't use any of my "pro" skills or equipment for this shoot. ;) I suppose that also calls my skills into question. Most pros wouldn't be caught dead doing a non-professional job on whatever their line of work is.

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #1333 on: January 16, 2017, 02:16:53 PM »
Are you taking pictures with an Iphone?!?
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #1334 on: January 16, 2017, 07:20:08 PM »
Nah, I'm not allowed to own an Iphone. It's a Sony Xperia X. My old Sony Xperia Z3V did a MUCH better job with photos, but I busted the screen a couple months ago and this is what my company replaced it with. :(