Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: White Knuckle Sliders Group Buy! (GB is CLOSED)  (Read 37161 times)

ghenderson21

• 4wd Pts: 6
    • 2012 Super Black S
Re: White Knuckle Sliders Group Buy! (GB is CLOSED)
« Reply #150 on: June 23, 2016, 07:25:01 AM »
Lame guess I'm the last one to install them.. Sigh :'(

I haven't had time to even paint mine yet, so you're still in the lead

Looking good Beedee!

valentin36

• 4wd Pts: 7
    • 2012 Nissan Xterra S
« Reply #151 on: June 23, 2016, 07:57:12 AM »
Paint comes in clutch. Ima try and put them on tomorrow. Key word is try. I blame work if I can't!!

JeffBett

• 4wd Pts: 26
    • 06 Xterra
« Reply #152 on: June 23, 2016, 08:02:45 AM »
I am shooting for my install tonight as I plan on off roading 4th of July weekend.

BLUHAMR

• 4wd Pts: 2
    • 2006 Xterra SE
« Reply #153 on: June 23, 2016, 08:58:32 AM »
Thinking about purchasing these too. Couple of questions: did you guys order HREW or DOM? I have about a 2 inch suspension lift. Should I go with the 2 inch body lift option for the sliders? Thanks!
MC2

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

beedee

« Reply #154 on: June 23, 2016, 09:15:44 AM »
Thinking about purchasing these too. Couple of questions: did you guys order HREW or DOM? I have about a 2 inch suspension lift. Should I go with the 2 inch body lift option for the sliders? Thanks!

All of us went with DOM, as it is 75% stronger (fact given to me from John at White Knuckle). If you have a suspension lift, you would go with the regular sliders, if you had a body lift, you would go with the body lift option.

BLUHAMR

• 2006 Xterra SE
« Reply #155 on: June 23, 2016, 09:34:09 AM »
All of us went with DOM, as it is 75% stronger (fact given to me from John at White Knuckle). If you have a suspension lift, you would go with the regular sliders, if you had a body lift, you would go with the body lift option.
Thanks! I'm going with what you say then!
MC2

valentin36

• 2012 Nissan Xterra S
« Reply #156 on: June 23, 2016, 10:04:04 AM »
I haven't put mine but I ordered without a lift even tho I have one. after talking to the staff they said wouldn't make much of a difference besides extend a bit more to be closer to the body. My thought was gives it more space to avoid hitting the body, I just went with no lift. and DOM tubing

BLUHAMR

• 2006 Xterra SE
« Reply #157 on: June 23, 2016, 12:07:25 PM »
I haven't put mine but I ordered without a lift even tho I have one. after talking to the staff they said wouldn't make much of a difference besides extend a bit more to be closer to the body. My thought was gives it more space to avoid hitting the body, I just went with no lift. and DOM tubing
What you say makes sense. Good thinking.
MC2

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #158 on: June 23, 2016, 01:30:20 PM »
BLUHAMR: just a little clarification when ordering sliders, when they ask you if you have a lift, they only care if you have a body lift, not suspension lift.  if you order a set of sliders for a 2" body lift, and you only have a suspension lift, the will not fit...  You stated you only have a 2" suspension lift so DON'T order sliders for a 2" Body lift.

Valentin36, from looking at your build and randomly seeing your xterra, you do not have a body lift, unless it is not listed on your page and I missed your jacked up xterra.  A body lift consists of putting 2" blocks under all 10 or so body mounts and lifts ONLY the body 2" above the frame and suspension.  A suspension lift, whether it be spacers, replacement springs/coilovers and/or shackles will lift the entire truck but leaves the distance between the body and frame the same as stock.   

Since the sliders attach to the frame, but are there to protect the body, the welder needs to know if you have changed the distance from the frame to the body, hence the question if you have a body lift or not.  It is true, if you do in fact have a body lift, you can install non body lift sliders, you will just have 2" of extra space between the sliders and the body, but the reverse is not true, sliders built for a body lift will not fit a vehicle without a body lift. 

I'm glad you decided to not order your sliders for a body lift because I wouldn't want you to be disappointed when they didn't fit.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 01:35:16 PM by knightrider »
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #159 on: June 23, 2016, 02:02:35 PM »
BLUHAMR: just a little clarification when ordering sliders, when they ask you if you have a lift, they only care if you have a body lift, not suspension lift.  if you order a set of sliders for a 2" body lift, and you only have a suspension lift, the will not fit...  You stated you only have a 2" suspension lift so DON'T order sliders for a 2" Body lift.

Valentin36, from looking at your build and randomly seeing your xterra, you do not have a body lift, unless it is not listed on your page and I missed your jacked up xterra.  A body lift consists of putting 2" blocks under all 10 or so body mounts and lifts ONLY the body 2" above the frame and suspension.  A suspension lift, whether it be spacers, replacement springs/coilovers and/or shackles will lift the entire truck but leaves the distance between the body and frame the same as stock.   

Since the sliders attach to the frame, but are there to protect the body, the welder needs to know if you have changed the distance from the frame to the body, hence the question if you have a body lift or not.  It is true, if you do in fact have a body lift, you can install non body lift sliders, you will just have 2" of extra space between the sliders and the body, but the reverse is not true, sliders built for a body lift will not fit a vehicle without a body lift. 

I'm glad you decided to not order your sliders for a body lift because I wouldn't want you to be disappointed when they didn't fit.

Reasons like this is why I think you should be rocking the vanity plate:

[PROF  X]

valentin36

• 2012 Nissan Xterra S
« Reply #160 on: June 23, 2016, 02:20:21 PM »
Clarification for mine, had body lift, key word had. No longer on. Thank you but yes that's why mine was regular.

BLUHAMR

• 2006 Xterra SE
« Reply #161 on: June 23, 2016, 02:52:25 PM »
Clarification for mine, had body lift, key word had. No longer on. Thank you but yes that's why mine was regular.
Why did you remove your body lift? Where did you purchase?
MC2

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #162 on: June 23, 2016, 04:45:57 PM »
Reasons like this is why I think you should be rocking the vanity plate:

[PROF  X]

Too many X-men fans, already scooped up all the available possibilities :D
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

valentin36

• 2012 Nissan Xterra S
« Reply #163 on: June 23, 2016, 05:16:46 PM »
I bought a cheap one that did not last me at all. EBay hahaha so that answers alot

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #164 on: June 29, 2016, 11:04:27 AM »
Hey guys, I'm gonna lock this thread down in the next couple of days to wrap up this GB.

PLEASE update your build threads with photos/comments on your slider installs/rig upgrades!!

Thanks Bret for a really well done and coordinated GB!!

:) :)
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.