Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: I am back finally!  (Read 3503 times)

2013nick

• 4wd Pts: 5
    • 2013 xterra S 4x4
I am back finally!
« on: April 09, 2016, 12:46:11 PM »
I have finally returned, and a lot has been going on since the last time I posted on here. I've been in the process of switching careers and doing all the studies and testing that comes along with that, sadly putting any off-road activity on hold indefinitely. As that is now winding down and my birthday is coming up I have finally been able to acquire new tires for the X (coming soon). We have also found out we (Jamie and I) will be having our first baby in late August/September, So I finally decided it is time to start getting some wheeling in before then and I have to hibernate the X once again.

FrankB

Re: I am back finally!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 05:14:05 PM »
Welcome back, and congrats on the upcoming new addition to the family.

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 06:07:07 PM »

Holy cow!  It's been awhile,  Nilda had to help me put your name with the faces.  Yeah, you guys better get out on the trail while ya still can.  Congrats, and hope to see you soon.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

beedee

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 06:30:05 PM »
I don't know you but welcome back! We have a baby who will be 9 months old on the 15th. It is our first as well, fatherhood is the best!!!

Toro

• 4wd Pts: 126
  • yep, Dos XX and Chipotle
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 07:20:13 PM »
Hey Nick. Good to see your still around.

2013nick

• 2013 xterra S 4x4
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 12:46:38 PM »
Thanks guys! now for the always impossible decision of KO2's or Duratracs  :-\

Any quick opinions on the two that haven't been beaten to death by all the other "tire" threads.. If it makes any difference I'll be going from stock size to 33' (285/75/16) with the "melt mod" and if there is money left over possibly a 2 inch lift from pgr. Everywhere I go or everyone i ask it seems to be split, have any of you guys actually ran both tires on your X with just the melt mod?

Ultimately I'm sure I will love either tire and both will be an amazing upgrade over the stock tires (that are worn almost to slicks at this point) Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything here important about the 2 as of now I'm leaning towards the KO2's simply because I have seen more people talking about them and and ATM they are about 20-30 cheaper per tire.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 02:45:51 PM »
Welcome back, and congrats on the growing family!  8)

As for duratracs vs. KO2s - the comparison in a nut-shell is that the KO2s are a harder rubber compound, and the Duratracs are softer. Softer = more grip, especially on slick and wet surfaces. Harder = more durable over rock surfaces, and less body roll during cornering due to the stiffer side walls. People who have tried both tell me they feel a pretty noticable difference in traction between the two. The KO2s are also quieter on the highway because they're a little less "knobby" than the duratracs. Everyone has their preference. I'm personally a duratracs guy. Mine grip every surface I've ever run them over like a gummy pair of shoe soles, but I can certainly see the desire by many people to run the KO2s, especially if you spend a lot of time in rocky desert terrains.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 08:30:38 AM by JFanaselle »

2013nick

• 2013 xterra S 4x4
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 12:52:08 AM »
awesome, thank you very much for spelling it all out for me, that is defiantly what I needed

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk