Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Looking to see who would be interested........  (Read 4131 times)

Gunslinger2N

• 4wd Pts: 5
  • semel iterumque referebant eos ad contritionem!!!!
    • 2014 Pro-4X
Looking to see who would be interested........
« on: June 15, 2019, 11:37:29 AM »
All,
   As you all may or may not know, I have been looking into having a tank made that would take the place of the boot / storage box in the back. The plan is to have one root molded in a similar fashion to the old school Scepter cans, and the frontrunner just a tad thicker, in black (To block light and keep mold at bay). The final design would carry around 9 gallons and have a top port (Possibly 6 inch) so if you needed to scrub it out you could. I had planned on having 4, 1/2 inch ports Brass insets inlaid into the mold) to drain fill and vent the tank. it would also use the boot box screws to score it to the vehicle. it would also have a plate to mount a pump to (I planned on using a small RV style pump to pump the water out, at about 35 psi and 1.1 gpm)
    I am in preliminary discussions with a local rortomolding company and it looks like they would cost about 220 to 250 per unit. I would like to know how many if any of you would be interested in a purchase..... I will keep a running tally for a month or so and see where we get to.

Thanks all,

Gunslinger.
Gunslinger2N / KM6WOC

Toro

• 4wd Pts: 126
  • yep, Dos XX and Chipotle
Re: Looking to see who would be interested........
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 09:53:06 PM »
Is this a water tank?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 10:46:05 AM »
I MIGHT have an interest in one of these, as I've been wanting to do an on-board water system for some time. I can't quite commit to it right now though, as I've got some other financial priorities. But would likely be interested in one within a year. I followed the thread about this on TNX... looks like it came out really awesome.

Gunslinger2N

• 2014 Pro-4X
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 05:29:04 PM »
Hey Joe,
    This is just in its beginning stages for no worries, I will advise when it really takes off. This was more or less a toe dip to see if there was any interest in getting on board.

Oh yeah.... That reminds me. I set up the ARB room and it is awesome, after it was up i noticed that there was a carbinner with a LED light hanging off of it. That made it a really smoking deal.... it even still worked! Ha ha ha.
Gunslinger2N / KM6WOC

Gunslinger2N

• 2014 Pro-4X
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 05:32:07 PM »
Is this a water tank?

Toro,
   Yes this is a water tank. FDA drinking water safe plastics and like I said before very similar to the frontrunner builds but made to take the place of the boot box.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 05:34:09 PM by JFanaselle »
Gunslinger2N / KM6WOC

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 12:39:42 PM »
kinda interested in this, depending on final height.

would this replace the whole factory door to the under floor storage too?

Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

Gunslinger2N

• 2014 Pro-4X
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 05:31:55 PM »
No, I plan to keep the cover in place. why totally change up the interior? It will sit slightly below the original cover, which will add some protection to the tank and still allow for sleeping  or loading the cargo area.
Gunslinger2N / KM6WOC