Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: the xterra caper  (Read 6386 times)

leons240s

• 4wd Pts: 0
the xterra caper
« on: June 17, 2011, 04:31:38 PM »
well it finally happened, someone broke into my X last night made off with my 100gig ipod, digital camera, book of cd's, and a bottle of patron anejo i was saving for a special occasion. all totaling out to around $550. its all on camera too, the sheriffs said they dont have much to go on since neither of the electronic items were registered with there companies (my fault) so I cant pull a serial # to give the cops. worst day ever :'(

Oz

• 4wd Pts: 14
  • Cybernetic organism; living tissue over metal
Re: the xterra caper
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 04:52:57 PM »
well it finally happened, someone broke into my X last night made off with my 100gig ipod, digital camera, book of cd's, and a bottle of patron anejo i was saving for a special occasion. all totaling out to around $550. its all on camera too, the sheriffs said they dont have much to go on since neither of the electronic items were registered with there companies (my fault) so I cant pull a serial # to give the cops. worst day ever :'(

Sorry to here about that man. I always used to hear "Oz, don't leave things in your truck!" and I would always just kind of ignore it. Until I got a bunch of stuff jacked too. Now I never leave stuff in the truck. SO, at least you have this out of the way now.

so ... should I say it ? "Don't leave stuff in your truck!"

AV Xterra

• 4wd Pts: 7
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 10:12:52 PM »
That sucks
I eat other peoples food.  It's a sickness.

leons240s

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 03:14:50 AM »

so ... should I say it ? "Don't leave stuff in your truck!"
[/quote]yep, you should say it, I feel retarded

MaxPower

• 4wd Pts: 18
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 05:34:14 PM »
That's one of my big fears.  I live by my tools in my work truck and it would cost me big time if it or the tools were stolen.  I have a friend that was on a job and his laptop was stolen from the truck.  One month later a new laptop was stolen from his truck while working at the very same job.  That really sucks.

Sorry for your loss.
This isn't Santa's Workshop.  This place smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me.

leons240s

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 01:28:47 AM »
That's one of my big fears.  I live by my tools in my work truck and it would cost me big time if it or the tools were stolen.  I have a friend that was on a job and his laptop was stolen from the truck.  One month later a new laptop was stolen from his truck while working at the very same job.  That really sucks.

Sorry for your loss.
sounds like to me it was an inside job. one of his buddies or a co worker or someone who knows what kind of gear he rocks in his truck

MaxPower

• 4wd Pts: 18
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 08:55:32 AM »
sounds like to me it was an inside job. one of his buddies or a co worker or someone who knows what kind of gear he rocks in his truck

Didn't want to point any fingers but it just so happened the garderns were there both times...maybe they saw something.
This isn't Santa's Workshop.  This place smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me.

GUANO

• 4wd Pts: 4
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 03:38:12 PM »

wort day ever?  I'm jealous!

leons240s

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 08:40:15 AM »
wort day ever?  I'm jealous!
trust me, my week got a whole lot worse, to say bad things come in 3's is the understatement of a life time, but thats another story :(

SuperSlideStyle

• 4wd Pts: 19994
  • Are we ready? Not really but here we go!
    • 2013 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 05:32:31 PM »
Sorry to hear that.  I always tell everyone that once you get a cool ride that you plan on keeping and upgrading with mods or keep hi-dollar construction tools in it like I do, the very first thing to do is get a good alarm.  Even a basic alarm will run $120 installed.
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6 spd
2022 Acura MDX SH-AWD

leons240s

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 04:04:29 AM »
Sorry to hear that.  I always tell everyone that once you get a cool ride that you plan on keeping and upgrading with mods or keep hi-dollar construction tools in it like I do, the very first thing to do is get a good alarm.  Even a basic alarm will run $120 installed.
ya first i gotta get the auto door locks/window kit. when i bought her i didnt think id want the power package now that im older call it being lazy, forgetful to check the doors everytime i get out, or whatever i thinks its just easier to hit a button lol does anyone know what the kits run? i asked nissan a few yrs back and they told me $1200 that seems really steep to me

GUANO

• 4wd Pts: 4
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 10:09:13 AM »
trust me, my week got a whole lot worse, to say bad things come in 3's is the understatement of a life time, but thats another story :(

That sucks man!  I have yet to have my car broken into but it's only a matter of time considering my wife almost never locks the damn thing.  At work I park in a private gated garage and at home I park in another gated area...  And I don't get out much so there aren't too many opportunities to rob me.

Having something stolen from you is a horrible feeling.   Like butt-rape, not that I would know how any of that would feel but I can imagine it's gotta feel like being robbed + 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000