Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Weekend campout in Lytle creek.... Come find me!!!!!!  (Read 3877 times)

Gunslinger2N

• 4wd Pts: 5
  • semel iterumque referebant eos ad contritionem!!!!
    • 2014 Pro-4X
Weekend campout in Lytle creek.... Come find me!!!!!!
« on: April 05, 2019, 06:21:03 PM »
Hey all,
    Just a thought…… I will be going to Lytle creek for a weekend camp out next weekend (The 12th thru the 14th). I was speaking to the Rangers and they seem to think that the roads are pretty hammered but with a skilled driver and capable vehicle it can be traversed. If you are interested in getting your X a little dirty for the whole weekend or part of it… Let me know, I was given the trail map (well, was told where to download it anyway) and will share it or set up a meet up to get a small convoy going.

Gunslinger
Gunslinger2N / KM6WOC

x4dblduty

• 4wd Pts: 2
    • 2006 Off Road Granite
Re: Weekend campout in Lytle creek.... Come find me!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 06:48:25 AM »
Haven't been to Lytle for a while, my open slot is Sat early morning thru 2 pm or so.  Any chance of meeting and where?  Installing my rear Shrock this week and if done can do a short run. Thx!

Gunslinger2N

• 2014 Pro-4X
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 06:52:19 PM »
Sorry for the late reply...

I will be getting out there Friday morning and will stay put till Sunday morning / afternoon. I intend to stay in Stockton Flats, there is a cluster of sites that have some protection from winds and such. I am attaching the map so you can see what I am talking about. I will also be running a Hand held radio on the SCCX primary Freq (146.535) So you can start calling out once you get to the first 2 sites on 3N06 (Cold and Lone camps). They are before the gate at the river crossing....

A word of warning. I have been told by several Rangers that the roads are pretty beat up. If I can change my camping place / Plan I will leave blaze orange tape streamers to Identify turns.
Gunslinger2N / KM6WOC

x4dblduty

• 2006 Off Road Granite
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 10:05:30 PM »
Thx for the map and location.  Do you usually come in thru the main road or more north via dirt by Mormon Rocks or Swarthout Cyn? I haven't been there in a very long time, would be great if anyone else is coming out Sat am, we can hook up off the 15 somewhere, then drive in.

Gunslinger2N

• 2014 Pro-4X
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 09:21:19 PM »
All,
   Just a late trip report...

So we got out to the Range at the end of Lytle creek road, and aired down. Saw no one... until we were about 200 yards down the road. I looked over my shoulder and saw a guy standing by a truck about 50 years off the road and he looked to be stuck, I called an all halt to our small convoy and walked out to him. It gets better, He, his wife and their new born had been stuck out there for about 12 hours. It was a 2x frontier we pulled them out and sent them on their way. On we traveled, the road seemed much worse than I remembered very rutted and rough. we got another 1/2 mile down the road and a Toyota land cruiser was stuck sideways on the road. a dude and his girlfriend were high centered, so we pulled him out and sent him down the road.
   The rest of the way was real rough and washed out, but ultimately was passable if you have some experience off roading and spotting for others. We made it to the Flats and set up camp. The views were stunning Show in the high elevations and green as far as the eye can see. It was super green much greener than I have seen it in the past 5 years. We did run up to the Baldy gate and thats where the road got really bad. however we were able to navigate it. Camped friday night and Saturday one of our convoy had to leave so we sent 2 vehicles out with him to ensure he made it out. I spent the day napping in my hammock... which was much needed. The other vehicles came back and it seems that they took a brief exploration across the creek headed toward Fall camp and The lifted RAM truck, well didn't make it, chewing up his passenger side. they pulled him out and got him back to the hard ball, then returned to the flats.
    The good news is that with all the rains fires were ok and there was a ton of local wood to burn. Will make this run again... Hopefully soon!
Gunslinger2N / KM6WOC

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 04:34:59 PM »
 Sounds like it was a success to me... I have been so busy lately I can't seem to get anything done. Getting grumpy about all of that because the desert is getting too hot to venture into now.
Isaiah 6:8

x4dblduty

• 2006 Off Road Granite
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 05:17:07 PM »
That was an adventure, Gun, didn’t know Lytle was that beat up! Sorry I couldn’t make it out, had an mtb event :/

Hey I’m Sedona now for a week, will do at least Broken Arrow with a Jeep longtime buddy. Any suggestions for other trails?Sweet trails here all over. My X is 2.5” lifted full skids Radflos Deaver AAL, fyi.

Gunslinger2N

• 2014 Pro-4X
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 06:18:56 PM »
Celt,
   I agree the desert is getting too hot, how ever the high desert and mountains are looking good. Perhaps a trip thru Big bear or a venture thru the San Gabriel mountains? Sorry trying to make it better.... 
Gunslinger2N / KM6WOC

Gunslinger2N

• 2014 Pro-4X
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 06:22:32 PM »
I would totally recommend this trip, I mean... I am running stock and you should be able get thru it if I did.  Also I really enjoyed the run from Apple valley to Big bear..... A huge one would be the Reward Mine run.
Gunslinger2N / KM6WOC

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2019, 03:17:26 PM »
I would totally recommend this trip, I mean... I am running stock and you should be able get thru it if I did.  Also I really enjoyed the run from Apple valley to Big bear..... A huge one would be the Reward Mine run.

If you set the trip up I would think "The people will go"
Isaiah 6:8

Gunslinger2N

• 2014 Pro-4X
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2019, 03:46:39 PM »
Man.... I keep hearing that, just cant place my finger on where.... OH yeah, its here. Yeah the last one we just did was a bust.... I think people are more into the one day runs or the big name ones.
Gunslinger2N / KM6WOC