Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Black Diamond Trail Run Sunday  (Read 4151 times)

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
Black Diamond Trail Run Sunday
« on: August 27, 2015, 05:56:55 AM »
From Ranger Greg:

I will be leading a black diamond 4x4 run behind locked gates on Sunday, August 30th.  Leaving Big Bear Discovery Center at 0900.  Driving up and over 2N93 (Wildhorse Meadows) down to Highway 38, we'll catch 1N02 at Heart Bar Campground and then explore 1N37 (Bean Flats Road-Black Diamond) onto 1N05 (Fish Creek Road) and turn on 1N05C (Cabazon Overlook) for a view of Palm Springs and Salton Sea (based on good visibility) .  Much of this drive is located within the Lake Fire area.  This will be a preliminary recon to assess fire damage and basic Adopt-a-Trail road conditions.

If you have the driving skill and have a vehicle capable (4x4 with 2" lift and one locker) of negotiating a low end, black diamond road, feel welcome to join in on this adventure.  All of the usual required items will be expected of you on this run.  Lots of drinking water, leather gloves, good running vehicle (fuel too), two meals, dress in layers and bring a camera just in case.

Thank you,

Ranger Greg.

If anyone from SCCX is interested in attending this "behind locked gates run" you can contact Greg via email at ohv3@yahoo.com
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
Re: Black Diamond Trail Run Sunday
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 10:37:59 AM »
This has Terry written all over it 8)
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO