Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: So Long and Thanks for All the Fish  (Read 3634 times)

PainRoller

• 4wd Pts: 46
  • DILLIGAF
    • 2009 Bad Ass Xterra - Rig Name: PEPE
So Long and Thanks for All the Fish
« on: October 02, 2018, 11:56:37 PM »
WARNING!!  MUSHY SHTYE AHEAD!!

So it's not tomorrow, but it's soon.  And I know if I don't write this down whilst I have a spare minute, I'll forget, and it won't get done.  So here goes......

We've had the BEST TIME Off-Roading with this group!  Ya'll are great people and we've loved the opportunity to Off-Road, hang out, shoot the shit, and just generally remember how much fun it is to get on the DIRT with FRIENDS and have FUN!  Some of you are near and dear to our hearts and we will miss you tremendously.

We haven't had the opportunity in the last couple of years to join you as much as we'd like to (stupid house and adulting), but it's not from a lack of desire.  And now, our plans have changed drastically and we are moving outside the distance that would allow us to attend annual events.

You guys were the first group of people we ever Off Roaded with, and you made it an amazing experience that we will always remember.  We will hold ya'll fondly in our hearts for a real long time......  (See...I'm working on it Tim ;)  )

Some of you (and you know who you are) - well....I don't know what to say to you without tearing up.  You are awesome human beings and the world is a better place because you are in it.  You've helped us when we needed it; whether it be advice,  a helping hand or two to get another MOD on Pepe, dirt time, good laughs, adventures, or just sharing a drink and staring into the fire.  Damn...............

So......here's to the good times!  May ya'll continue to be true to yourselves and enjoy what you love to do! 

Thanks for the Memories ~ Mike and Barb

PainRoller

• DILLIGAF
Re: So Long and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 12:24:20 AM »
I'll add this:

NOT ONE OF YOU EVER MADE ME FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE AS THE WOMAN IN A GROUP OF MEN!!

You were always encouraging, joked with me like one of the guys, and never treated me like any less than an equal.

I can't thank you enough for that.  It is rare and you are a rare group of GENTLEMEN. 

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 04:35:44 AM »
 You and FIG will be missed. Who knows where life leads us but I am glad you two are doing what's best for yourselves. It makes me happy you guys were able to enjoy your time with everyone. They truly are a great group of folks that's always eager to laugh and help one another.
Isaiah 6:8

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 07:54:18 AM »
You both will be missed.  The times we had, from my first mod-day, to the last Mojave Road Run, were all awesome.  Good luck in your next adventure. 

R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 10:05:28 AM »

Me: Trying to hold... it.... back...

I'm super conflicted here. Like Celt, I'm so happy you guys are doing what is best for yourselves. But, but, but... didn't you think about what is best for ME in all of this?!?  lol Seriously though, best of luck to you guys. Life has a funny way of making sure we cross paths again with those who we're supposed to keep in our lives, so I'm not too worried about it. :)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 10:08:08 AM by JFanaselle »

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 10:48:05 AM »
Holy chromosomes!  No wonder you never felt 'uncomfortable as a woman', you're surrounded by a bunch of mushy, touchy feely, gay guys.

I've discovered that the less often that I see my friends, the more they like me and the better we get along. 

Too much of a good thing ruins it.  Separation makes the heart grow fonder.  Distance is only measured in miles.  What's good for the goose...

Damit Barb, you guys suck and this will haunt you.  By that I mean that some day I will come visit and not leave until your beer is gone.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 09:03:37 PM by RBduffer »
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

FrankB

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 05:03:28 PM »
Best wishes to both of you in your next adventure.

Also, and you probably already know this, thanks to the magic of the internet, you can still stay a "member" of this "club" even if you're not in the area.  You can still keep in touch - that is, if you want to, and if you're not moving someplace totally "off the grid".

PainRoller

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 08:03:02 PM »
You and FIG will be missed. Who knows where life leads us but I am glad you two are doing what's best for yourselves. It makes me happy you guys were able to enjoy your time with everyone. They truly are a great group of folks that's always eager to laugh and help one another.
TRUTH!   :D

You both will be missed.  The times we had, from my first mod-day, to the last Mojave Road Run, were all awesome.  Good luck in your next adventure.

I TOTALLY remember that first mod-day!!  I was super impressed by your level of OCD (takes one to know one....)   ;)

Me: Trying to hold... it.... back...

I'm super conflicted here. Like Celt, I'm so happy you guys are doing what is best for yourselves. But, but, but... didn't you think about what is best for ME in all of this?!?  lol Seriously though, best of luck to you guys. Life has a funny way of making sure we cross paths again with those who we're supposed to keep in our lives, so I'm not too worried about it. :)

Dude....that is me every time I think about not OR'ing with the group anymore.....sniff......

PainRoller

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 08:08:50 PM »
Holy chromosomes!  No wonder you never felt 'uncomfortable as a woman', you're surrounded by a bunch of mushy, touchy feely, gay guys.

I wouldn't have it any other way.......

lol lol lol lol lol lol

I've discovered that the less often that I see my friends, the more they like me and the better we get along. 

Too much of a good thing ruins it.  Separation makes the heart grow fonder.  Distance is only measured in miles.  What's good for the goose...

Damit Barb, you guys suck and this will haunt you.  By that I mean that some day I will come visit and not leave until your beer is gone.

I DARE YOU TO COME VISIT!!!!  >:D >:D >:D

Best wishes to both of you in your next adventure.

Also, and you probably already know this, thanks to the magic of the internet, you can still stay a "member" of this "club" even if you're not in the area.  You can still keep in touch - that is, if you want to, and if you're not moving someplace totally "off the grid".

Thanks, Frank!  I'll do my best to stalk the forum and add useless information from the South!  ;)