Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: XTFab Front Bumper opinions  (Read 5092 times)

BikersCage

• 4wd Pts: 4
XTFab Front Bumper opinions
« on: October 03, 2013, 05:23:06 AM »
What does everyone think about a Tube Bumper.

I liked the combination of price and almost look of the Calimi, but I dont like the non option of a Winch later when I can afford it.

I think XTFAB was my next choice with the pre runner hoop.

I was wanting to spend under 1k with shipping.  I currently have a little more than that saved, but am working on saving some to do a custom rear tire carrier with a friend.

How much weight is saved say from a Shrock w/ Pre Runner compared to one of those, because that would be the only other one im considering right now unless I found the right priced used.

Let the brainstorming begin!

ultrapc40

• 4wd Pts: 47
  • Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
Re: XTFab Front Bumper opinions
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 08:14:59 AM »
Creative fabworks will be building a tube bumper for an Gen 2 Xterra soon. I know my gen 1 tube bumper can fit a winch. I am hoping to have the bumper built by the end of October. We got a few dodge ram orders and are trying to keep up right now.

The plan is to sell bolt in frame horn that customers can buy. This allow them to built tube bumper that suits their needs.  Also cuts down on shipping cost. The customer can buy the horns and go to a local shop and get tubes bend and have it finish welded.

GreenGoon

• 4wd Pts: 38
    • SAS'd 2000 X
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 11:23:44 AM »
There is plenty of space for a winch with my Calmini tube bumper. I'll be purchasing within the next  year.

I personally like the look of a tube bumper more than a plate bumper. I always have... I like them even more because they are so uncommon with Xterras.

The one thing that I do not like about my bumper is how the washer fluid reservoir is exposed. The next time I am at The Shop we are going to fab a steel plated to cover it and serve as a license plate holder.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 12:05:07 PM by GreenGoon »
WE6DGR

ultrapc40

• Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 01:41:38 PM »
Check out the radiator overflow bottles for hotrods. Get a inline pump and you can have a billet washer fluid bottle. I hear it adds HP

In regards to weight. My truck grew 2 inches after the removal of winch bumper and my 9k milemarker
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 01:56:51 PM by ultrapc40 »

BikersCage

• 4wd Pts: 4
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 07:43:56 PM »
Ultra, I am more looking for something that when it comes to me I can bolt on.  I dont want something I have to take someplace else to finish.

Also the Calimini pre runner bumpers dont come with the plate and stuff for the winch if I am correct?

Id prefer to buy something that I could put on by Christmas also.  So looking for something with about 8-9 week turnaround.

GreenGoon

• 4wd Pts: 38
    • SAS'd 2000 X
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 08:28:29 PM »
I'm going to have to do some fabrication for my winch... but I'm going to set it up for a trailer hitch receiver so I can use it in the front or the rear.

The turnaround should be pretty quick for any bumper. 
WE6DGR

ultrapc40

• Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 08:58:50 PM »
We can built the whole thing. The difference with the calming and where we want to go is a box frame horn. We are located in fullerton, ca and can defiantly built you one with a winch mount under 1000.