Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: my new X  (Read 6941 times)

2013nick

• 4wd Pts: 5
    • 2013 xterra S 4x4
my new X
« on: March 17, 2014, 01:01:13 PM »
So i have had my new X for 6 days and i need to start modding and wheeling! I'm looking for good starter mods (or a good place to start). My X is my DD and my weekend toy so i figure my first mods should be somewhat geared to more mpg as well as performance. Also being new to Xterras and off roading in something worth more than a couple grand I would love to meet some local Xterra owners in the riverside county/951 area of California. I know there are trails out here i just need some help finding them. Also i would love to make my first sticker a club sticker if there is a way to get one please let me know. Any questions/comments/suggestions/posts are welcome!!

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
Re: my new X
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 01:11:30 PM »
Welcome!

Congrats on the purchase....that's a great decision!  As far as mods go; I'd suggest doing some research, and figuring out what mods are going to accomplish what you want. 

Check out some of the build threads; ask as many questions as you have and find a spot on your rig for a sticker!!!

-Christiaan
xxSVxx

2013nick

• 2013 xterra S 4x4
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 01:15:37 PM »
 from what ive been looking at there isnt much that is street legal in california for my X at least that google is showing me. and is there a link or someone i need to talk to about buying a club sticker?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 01:35:42 PM by 2013nick »

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 01:44:48 PM »
Welcome,

John (GhostX) can send you a sticker, however SCCX stickers are typically earned at a MOD day or group run.  (at least that's what they made me do... come to think of it, wait a minute... you guys NVM)

As far as mods go, check out thenewx.org  Join there and don't waste too much time in at this link

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50
Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

2013nick

• 2013 xterra S 4x4
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 01:51:40 PM »
I have no problem earning the sticker! how often does the club do meets/runs? i read somewhere once a month? is that correct or am i making that up?

Toro

• 4wd Pts: 126
  • yep, Dos XX and Chipotle
Re:
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 02:26:14 PM »
Most of the guys around here are into offroading/wheeling. That said, better MPG is the unicorn. Don't even try.
   Big tires, and heavy armor are the way.

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 02:26:20 PM »
welcome.  the display case would be the area your looking for to find build threads.  my advice for mods, go wheel and figure out what you dont like about your xterra(example: lack of traction, soft suspension, not enough lift, lack of armor, not enough storage where you want it, etc).  It all comes down to personal preference, where you will be going, and how much your willing to compromise DD MPG's for wheeling capability, because unfortunately, you cant have both.  

As far as street legal I assume you are talking about performance modifications, and you are correct, we are a little limited to what we can do. Stillen superchargers are good noise makers(their site says only 05-06 are legal but if you look up the carb number, they are good all the way to 2014), there are a few intakes that are legal, shorty headers from JBA are carb legal, all catback exhaust are legal, bullydog is the only programmer that works on 09+ xterra last i checked.  Anything specific you were looking for?  
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 02:29:56 PM by knightrider »
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

2013nick

• 2013 xterra S 4x4
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 02:46:23 PM »
Not really just trying to conserve Gas as long as i can wile wheeling and modding. My other vehicle is a 1990 mustang 5.0 so im already beating it in mpg and offroad capability hahaha. The things i really want are good rock sliders, good fog and roof lighting, a snorkel, and the programmer i think. Eventually i want to lift her and throw bigger tires on with air lockers. just not sure what order would be the smartest for trail conditions and my wallet.  I really want to come to a club meet to get ideas of what is popular for the terrain out here in my valley.

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 04:25:17 PM »
Welcome Nick.
 We don't do no stinkin' meetings or dues.  Take time to browse this site and you will get an idea of how anyone can post up a trail outing, and then folks just join in.  You're right, the best way to mod your rig is to just take it on the next run that you see posted, then; drive it, check the other rigs, meet and talk with other owners and the mods will begin almost by themselves ;D
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

HEVAK

• 4wd Pts: 32
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 04:48:53 PM »
Welcome 2 Da Club! There are great bunch of X owners on this site.

I have to warn you though. Modding your rig is highly contagious. No cure either.

Check out White Knuckle sliders, in my opinion, the best around.

http://white-knuckleoffroad.com/nissanxterra.htm

Enjoy the ride...
I love it when a plan comes together

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 05:17:53 PM »
Welcome 2 Da Club! There are great bunch of X owners on this site.

I have to warn you though. Modding your rig is highly contagious. No cure either.

Check out White Knuckle sliders, in my opinion, the best around.

http://white-knuckleoffroad.com/nissanxterra.htm

Enjoy the ride...
mmmm white knuckle sliders

Stylish
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/690/srtg.jpg
my new X

And functional
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/199/03ys.jpg
my new X
Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 07:21:05 PM »
I have no problem earning the sticker! how often does the club do meets/runs? i read somewhere once a month? is that correct or am i making that up?

Welcome 2013nick...yes, the best way to grab a sticker is to attend one of the listed upcoming Xcursions.  Right now I have a few stickers, and am working on getting more printed.  So hopefully we can meet up and get you stuck.

Keep in mind...this isn't a "club" per say, really just a meeting place for like minded SoCal Xterra owners (and a few Frontiers as well!).  All of the above posts are from great folks who have had fun getting dusty together on local trails. 

Best advice:  take a trip through the Display Case area and you'll get a good idea of who you're dealing with, and the kind of wheeling they like to do.  From mild to semi-wild, there is a lot to choose from.

Again, welcome to the group and look forward to meeting you in person.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

2013nick

• 2013 xterra S 4x4
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 08:31:37 PM »
wow thank you everyone! and i have been all over this site and i think i have a pretty good idea of "What" now its a matter of "When" and "how" haha. i am a little late to make it to the next Xcursion so Ill have a little more time to scrounge money together for my first parts.
Cant wait to meet you out on the trails soon!

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
Re:
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2014, 12:16:00 AM »
I have to 2nd the white knuckle sliders, great product from a great fabricator. 
My next suggestion would be to stiffen up the rear suspension with an Add-A-Leaf, the rear suspension is notoriously soft, next would be a mild spacer for
the front to match the lift in the rear.

Its never too late to sign up for an xcursion.  We've got Mojave Rd, which we had some technical difficulties with that thread but it will be back soon, a stock X could handle that.  If your a little apprehensive jumping into an overnighter your first outing, keep an eye on out AAT(Adopt-a-trail) threads, we are planning an outing in a few weeks hopefully to get some cleaning done on 2n02 up in big bear.  Heck if you can make it to the pre-mojave mod day, that's a good way to meet a couple peeps, and see first hand how our band of like minded Xterra folk(not a club) get along. 

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

Lava

• 4wd Pts: 21
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2014, 06:31:36 AM »
Welcome to the Family
My other vehicle is an X-WING

Justin - KK6JEC