Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Welcome all former Xterra Owners  (Read 10247 times)

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
Welcome all former Xterra Owners
« on: September 27, 2019, 09:43:07 AM »
Welcome all former Xterra Owners.

Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

EJsarus

• 4wd Pts: 52
    • 5th gen T4R
Re: Welcome all former Xterra Owners
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 07:56:23 AM »
:( sorry......

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 04:08:31 PM »
Oh how nice, a 'Speical' thread for quitters.   
After just a quarter million miles, you want to through in the towel.
"I'm tired of lousy mileage, stupid codes, faulty chain tensioners and strawberry milkshakes :'("
So what, you'd rather spend your weekends burning expensive fossil fuel, driving overland to God knows where.
When you could be enjoying your rig right at home, up on jacks, in the comfort of your own garage.  No worries about where to find gas, beer or a place to poo.
Your new Toyotas will be like a second marrage, all fun and games at first, but soon she too will age and show her flaws.  One day you will find yourself sitting along some empty road with your head in your hands, wondering, why did I ever leave my X.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 04:15:31 PM by RBduffer »
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 08:26:18 AM »
Oh how nice, a 'Speical' thread for quitters.   
After just a quarter million miles, you want to through in the towel.
"I'm tired of lousy mileage, stupid codes, faulty chain tensioners and strawberry milkshakes :'("
So what, you'd rather spend your weekends burning expensive fossil fuel, driving overland to God knows where.
When you could be enjoying your rig right at home, up on jacks, in the comfort of your own garage.  No worries about where to find gas, beer or a place to poo.
Your new Toyotas will be like a second marrage, all fun and games at first, but soon she too will age and show her flaws.  One day you will find yourself sitting along some empty road with your head in your hands, wondering, why did I ever leave my X.

This is f**king awesome.  ;D ;D

I don't know Randy, resale value on my 230,000 mile 2003 Tacoma was a little higher than for my 2005 Xterra with about the same mileage.

$8400 compared to $3250...so while I agree that second marriages aren't all fun & games, I know I "learned" a lot from both of my X's, and during this chapter I have a lot more fossil fuel burnin' funds for those head out of hands weekends.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 08:30:16 AM by Ghost65 »
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 06:40:15 AM »
This is f**king awesome.  ;D ;D

I don't know Randy, resale value on my 230,000 mile 2003 Tacoma was a little higher than for my 2005 Xterra with about the same mileage.

$8400 compared to $3250...so while I agree that second marriages aren't all fun & games, I know I "learned" a lot from both of my X's, and during this chapter I have a lot more fossil fuel burnin' funds for those head out of hands weekends.  ;)

Wow!  That $5150 difference more than makes up for the $10-15k higher initial cost for for the Toyota over the Nissan.   ::)
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 07:05:44 AM »
Wow!  That $5150 difference more than makes up for the $10-15k higher initial cost for for the Toyota over the Nissan.   ::)

Haha, I suppose you're right.

I did neglect to mention the over $10K in maintenance costs we incurred during the six years of Nissan ownership...so I still maintain the fact that we would have never met had it not been for my Xterra's voracious appetite for catalytic converters, IPDM relays, cam timing sensors, ABS sensors, MAF sensors, ECU's, P0240 codes, strawberry milkshakes, etc. (see Randy's list above)...  ::)
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

RBduffer

• BOD
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 06:23:28 PM »
Anyone who stoops, to quoting the Duffman, has already lost the argument :D

I just saw a great Tacoma website with a thread about Taco owners who switched to an Xterra.

Here's the link:      http:toyotaunicornoutmysphincter
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 08:30:23 AM by Ghost65 »
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

RBduffer

• BOD
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2019, 06:26:17 PM »
OK, honestly, how many tried to click the link :-[
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

FrankB

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2019, 11:15:06 PM »
I just spotted this tonight.  Funny thing, I just test drove a Honda Pilot and Honda Passport tonight too.  I'm sort of thinking of trading in the Xterra.  I don't know if I can actually bring myself to do it though.  The Pilot and Passport are a long way from an Xterra, but they do drive nicely I have to say.  And I hardly ever get very far off the pavement these days. 

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2019, 08:31:45 AM »
Anyone who stoops, to quoting the Duffman, has already lost the argument :D

I just saw a great Tacoma website with a thread about Taco owners who switched to an Xterra.

Here's the link:      http:toyotaunicornoutmysphincter

At least you spelled sphincter correctly.  :D

We could never have this much fun if we were...well...Chevy owners who switched to Fords.  :D
KD6DCI

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2019, 11:33:28 AM »
At least you spelled sphincter correctly.  :D

We could never have this much fun if we were...well...Chevy owners who switched to Fords.  :D

Although I do also drive a Kaiser-Willys,Chevy,Ford, Jeep all wrapped up into one.....
Isaiah 6:8

Eva

• 4wd Pts: 0
    • 2015 Pro-4x
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2020, 12:22:56 AM »
Just an FYI, someone started a general 4wd meetup for San Diego recently, you don't have to have any specific brand of vehicle.  https://www.meetup.com/San-Diego-Off-Road-4x4-Group/events/273402310/?read=1&_xtd=gatlbWFpbF9jbGlja9oAJDVjMjViYmE1LTM1YzktNDA3MS1hNjU5LTI5Y2ZlNmJjYTVjMA&_af=event&_af_eid=273402310