Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
SCCX General Discussion / Re: The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
« Last post by Jayrat on January 30, 2022, 07:00:56 PM »
Bumper looks good >:D
SCCX General Discussion / Re: SMOG issues
« Last post by pmkroger5 on January 30, 2022, 01:03:13 PM »
Thanks for the advice.  I bought another cheap ($10) scanner from Walmart and it was able to retrieve the readiness codes.  I ended up taking my Xterra to the local Nissan dealer and they discovered a problem with my wiring harness.  After a partial replacement of the harness (~$700) my O2 sensor readiness code was OK and I completed my SMOG test.
SCCX General Discussion / Re: SMOG issues
« Last post by SuperSlideStyle on January 30, 2022, 11:15:49 AM »
You'll need to upgrade your scanner to one that will show graphs & chats.
SCCX General Discussion / Re: Repainting recommendations
« Last post by SuperSlideStyle on January 30, 2022, 08:06:08 AM »
Original paint is a 2-stage paint (but in reality 3 steps).  Primer, paint, clear coat.  90% of the quality will be the amount of prep work done before the paintjob itself.  The sanding, bondo, masking, etc.
Stay away from cheap "specials" that mix the clear coat with the paint itself.  It will look good for about 1-1½ yrs, then start fading & you'll rralize why it was a bad idea.  A decent 2-stage paint will not be cheap.
« Last post by Celt on January 30, 2022, 08:02:07 AM »
I will see if I can get some today.
« Last post by SuperSlideStyle on January 30, 2022, 08:00:02 AM »
Wow, good info.  I just finished building my rear offroad bumper.  Getting ready to start on the front.  Glad I read this so I know what to beef up.  Can you guys post up pictures of your winch mounts?  I need to get an idea of how much of an opening I need to install the winch later.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
SCCX General Discussion / Re: Stepping up my first aid game
« Last post by SuperSlideStyle on January 30, 2022, 07:52:01 AM »
Good info.  I had already been gathering that stuff for a while.  Most is in stock at millitary surplus stores locally.  I go to M&I Millitary Surplus in Pomona, CA.  HUGE store, great inventory, lots to see & buy.

I liked the book suggestion.  Found it on ebay, used for $5.

https://m.facebook.com/M-I-Surplus-154793764555990/

You can get get all the OME stuff with Steven from Rugged Rocks.  Visit www.doitontherocks.com or www.ruggedrocks.com.  He's an SCCX  club member here and on www.theNewX.org.  He also has a Titan-swapped 2nd gen Xterra.

I have the heavy duty OME front coil springs & complete rear leaf pack & shackles that I bought from him.  To install it, I have a spring compressor & big 18v Makita impact gun w/½" drive that makes it easy to install.  Just buy the the parts, then set up a Mod Day.  Then we can all help with the install at your place or mine. 

I'm in Fontana (Inland Empire) near the 210 & 15 fwy.  I will gladly help & offer up my garage & driveway to install this.  Just send me a pm.

SCCX Display Case / Re: SuperSlideStyle
« Last post by SuperSlideStyle on January 30, 2022, 06:06:11 AM »
Truck runs CONSIDERABLY cooler, especially with the 3 big hood vents, Mishimoto thermostat, Nismo radiator cap & blue silicone radiator hoses.  I also doubled up on all the hose clamps to whithstand the higher coolant pressures.

Safe Space for Former Xterra Owners / Re: From off road to mall crawling
« Last post by Jayrat on January 26, 2022, 09:28:50 PM »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]