Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Hello from north of the grapevine  (Read 8259 times)

Xrod

• 4wd Pts: 0
    • 2007 Nissan Xterra x
Hello from north of the grapevine
« on: March 04, 2016, 02:40:55 PM »
Hi guys I'm new to the forum looking for some insight on my venture from bone stock to my t-swap dream.
This ain't my first rodeo!

GreenGoon

• 4wd Pts: 38
    • SAS'd 2000 X
Re: Hello from north of the grapevine
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 03:45:57 PM »
Welcome from the High Desert. You've come to the right place, start reading up in the Gen 2 section of the forum. If you are interested in meeting people, there is a meet up happening tomorrow in Lancaster that might not be too far away from you (depending on how far north you are.)
WE6DGR

Alex

• 4wd Pts: 25
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 03:59:49 PM »
Welcome from Riverside/Moreno Valley: here's a link to one of the topics that talks about the basics of a Titan swap: http://www.sccxterra.com/smf/index.php?topic=2216.msg25269#msg25269 I have a 1st Gen, so I don't really know the specifics about a Titan swap yet, but look into that and further posts to see how things work.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 04:03:47 PM by Alex »

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 04:11:18 PM »
Welcome from the Temecula area

Xrod

• 2007 Nissan Xterra x
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 05:15:17 PM »
Wish I could make the Lancaster run. I'm from just north of Visalia (fowler) there's a big x fan base up here. I have cash in hand for my t-swap and know exactly what I want for the time being but am trying to keep my costs down and the big ticket item is the cv's... Just have a tough time accepting that there is so few options

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 06:35:34 AM »
Wish I could make the Lancaster run. I'm from just north of Visalia (fowler) there's a big x fan base up here. I have cash in hand for my t-swap and know exactly what I want for the time being but am trying to keep my costs down and the big ticket item is the cv's... Just have a tough time accepting that there is so few options

Well...you could save a little more and just go with the full M205/Titan CV conversion?  :) :)
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 08:29:10 AM »
It's just going to be breakfast, with a possible run. I'm trying to mirror the dinner meets in OC and San Diego. We'll try to do them once a month, so there will be other opportunities.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

Xrod

• 2007 Nissan Xterra x
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 10:37:12 AM »
Well...you could save a little more and just go with the full M205/Titan CV conversion?  :) :)
Yah I looked into that and it would be much more $$$ as I am rolling with 3.13 gears and would have to regear my rear end or say screw it and go to the m226 Titan (which would be bad a$$)

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 11:38:16 AM »
Welcome from the OC.  My wife is from Visalia and I've done everything in power to stay away, in-laws and all.  But if I new there was some decent wheeling in the area I'd could always drop her off and go have some fun and still get the power points for going up there. ::)  Win win!!!
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

nworker

• 4wd Pts: 3
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2016, 03:25:57 PM »
Welcome to the group. It is always great to have a new face in the crowd.

Are the orchards still blooming up your way? I was up your way a couple of weeks ago and they were just starting to pop.

If  you haven't already, check out thenewx.org. Between that forum and this I find just about everything I need.

Pics?

Xrod

• 2007 Nissan Xterra x
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2016, 12:05:33 PM »
Yah the orchards are abloom. There are a few good trail heads up to the east of us and we will have to put together a run at some point when I get my rig done... I just ordered my Titan control arms and tundra coilovers, also just put my order into Greg at PRG for my half axles, tierod extensions, and my x deluxe rear kit so as soon as it all piles in I won't be Rollin stock any more. :D
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 12:51:28 PM by Xrod »

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2016, 08:12:58 PM »
Yah the orchards are abloom. There are a few good trail heads up to the east of us and we will have to put together a run at some point when I get my rig done... I just ordered my Titan control arms and tundra coilovers, also just put my order into Greg at PRG for my half axles, tierod extensions, and my x deluxe rear kit so as soon as it all piles in I won't be Rollin stock any more. :D

That's awesome.  You'll love the swap.  But don't expect to fit in the garage much longer. :D :D  Mine hasn't seen the inside of a garage in several years, if I try, I'd end up decapitating my self and turn the X into a convertible.  Wait???  A convertible X, that could be interesting.  Toro, break out the torch!  >:D
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

Xrod

• 2007 Nissan Xterra x
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2016, 11:10:08 PM »
That's awesome.  You'll love the swap.  But don't expect to fit in the garage much longer. :D :D  Mine hasn't seen the inside of a garage in several years, if I try, I'd end up decapitating my self and turn the X into a convertible.  Wait???  A convertible X, that could be interesting.  Toro, break out the torch!  >:D
yup she's getting kicked out of the garage already, that was my last excuse to not lift it... So it's on like donkey kong

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2016, 09:15:57 AM »
A convertible X, that could be interesting.  Toro, break out the torch!  >:D

You've got me daydreaming there. Just remove the back and install a roll bar, like an old school 4Runner. That would be sick.  :)

beedee

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 12:55:45 PM »
Welcome from Long Beach.