Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Hello from Hemet  (Read 7231 times)

Spectre

• 4wd Pts: 4
    • 2007 Xterra
Hello from Hemet
« on: February 07, 2016, 10:02:38 AM »
Hey all.  New guy here.  Just purchased a 2007 Xterra  on 2/10 and they delivered it on 2/12.  Looks like I may have lucked out and no SMOD.  First thing I did Friday night after they dropped it off is pull it into the garage and do the bypass.   :D

I used to have a 4wd hard body and then wheeled full size broncos for awhile.  Well not having a 4wd for awhile caught up to me so I had to get another one. Well the new wife liked the idea.  "But"  (Isn't there always a "But")  heh  She said I need to be "conscious" of the future in the regards of starting a family. So I was told to get something with a back seat.  I was going to get a 78/79 bronco, but I commute from Hemet to Riverside for work 5 days a week so I wanted something that got "decent" gas mileage for the days I don't want to ride my R1  to work so after a lot of reading and thinking I came to the Xterra. 

Anyhow.. enough of my soapbox.  When it warms up we're going to go explore the Idyllwild mountain trails. Until then I need to mount my ham radio in the rig, Get a new antenna for the cb and mount that, plus some other things as well..  Look forward to meeting some of you..  I've made some life long friends from the fullsizebronco forum I was on, hopefully the Xterra causes the same thing to happen.

I see you guys have 2N02 with the AAT folks.  I used to help with 1N64 with the fullsize bronco crowd but they slowly died out and no one went up anymore. =(.  I did the chainsaw class with the AAT folks and need to get my first aid cert and I'll be able to use their chainsaws..  Though I'll have to confirm this,  It's been a few years since I did the chainsaw class.  worst case is I can just do it again.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 10:12:31 AM by Spectre »
W6VIC
2007 Stock "for now" Xterra
If you can't stand the heat, then stay out of my crease.

PainRoller

• 4wd Pts: 46
  • DILLIGAF
    • 2009 Bad Ass Xterra - Rig Name: PEPE
Re: Hello from Hemet
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 11:18:56 AM »
Hey all.  New guy here.  Just purchased a 2007 Xterra  on 2/10 and they delivered it on 2/12. 

Welcome from......almost Hemet...  ;)

So you bought your rig in the future...crazy   >:D

Looking to install that ham radio - check out the upcoming MOD DAY

Spectre

• 2007 Xterra
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 11:26:26 AM »
Welcome from......almost Hemet...  ;)

So you bought your rig in the future...crazy   >:D

Looking to install that ham radio - check out the upcoming MOD DAY

I'm a time traveler.  lol     

You said MOD day,  I got super happy and excited, then I clicked the link and saw it was next Saturday.  My Sister just sold her house and is moving into my place temporarily for a couple months why they find a house to buy in the Portland area.  So I have to go out to her place in Anaheim to move a truck load of stuff to here. =(  Damnit.  I'd rather work on car stuff then move my moms bed. grrrrr..  Way to mess with my day there guy..   lol
W6VIC

PainRoller

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 11:39:10 AM »
I'm a time traveler.  lol     

You said MOD day,  I got super happy and excited, then I clicked the link and saw it was next Saturday.  My Sister just sold her house and is moving into my place temporarily for a couple months why they find a house to buy in the Portland area.  So I have to go out to her place in Anaheim to move a truck load of stuff to here. =(  Damnit.  I'd rather work on car stuff then move my moms bed. grrrrr..  Way to mess with my day there guy..   lol

Time traveler?  Join the club....

Portland? Ha! That is hilarious.  We moved from Portland to Anaheim, and now are in the process of prepping to move to Hemet.    :o

Looks like you're the guy to talk to when moving day comes around...  >:D

Where she looking in Portland?  We have the 411 on the different areas.

Spectre

• 2007 Xterra
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 11:57:12 AM »
What part of Hemet are you looking at and good lord why come out here?  I've only been out here for a hair under 2 years.  I have found out there's some pretty sketchy areas out here.  I live in the North East Valle Vista area.  Nice track homes, at the base of the Soboba mountains.  I'm 25 minutes from my driveway to the center of Idyllwild. =)   I do have to admit, even though we are crazy far from Riverside (where I spend 6 out of 7 days a week)  I love it out here. Air is clean, I can see all the stars in the night sky and people at the grocery store are friendly.  Not like in Riverside where god forbid you say hi to someone in line.

She's looking at the Gresham area but I guess she's looking at the Vancouver Washington area as well.   Moving day? Ohh I think I have an appointment that day.   lol   
W6VIC

PainRoller

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 12:15:20 PM »
Gresham has some great areas and some sketchy areas.  The closer Gresham gets to Portland - that's Gang Central and Meth Heads.  Stay away from Burnside and 185th (plus or minus 10 blocks in either direction).
Further out Gresham is more easy going Farm Folk.  Gresham used to be all Farm Land - berry patch of the world. So there are still lots of wild berries to be had on random properties (hard to kill that stuff).

Vancouver WA is the bedroom community for all Portland Metro Area - think commutes from hell.  But Battleground is a great area to live and raise a family.  It's a little further out, but worth it.  And most people buy everything in Portland areas to avoid sales taxes.

Washington has lower property taxes and no income tax (but wages reflect this and are lower). 
Oregon has high property taxes, but no sales tax. 

PainRoller

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 12:21:17 PM »
I know an amazing Realtor for Portland and surrounding OR areas.  PM me if you want her deets.

Portland is 4 quadrants.  Dividing lines are Burnside (dividing North and South) and the Willamette River (dividing West and East).  Each quadrant is VERY different in types of people and overall living vibe.

Alex

• 4wd Pts: 25
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 02:00:38 PM »
Well heck, if I ever move up to the Northwest for whatever reason, I know who all to give some questions. :)
Welcome from nearby Moreno Valley/Riverside!

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 02:32:22 PM »
Welcome. Just as heads up, the bypass is only a temp solution. When you get the chance, you need to replace the rad. With the bypass, you lose trans cooling capability and run the risk of cooking it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 08:34:36 PM »
Welcome from Murrieta. My folks live in Hemet and I'm out there at least once a week. Hope to run some trails with you soon! Once PainRoller and FixItGuy move out there, we'll all be running trails like crazy. I'm sensing some camping nights at Toolbox Springs Yellow Post campsite up on Thomas Mountain in our future this summer. :)

Spectre

• 2007 Xterra
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 10:23:30 PM »
Welcome. Just as heads up, the bypass is only a temp solution. When you get the chance, you need to replace the rad. With the bypass, you lose trans cooling capability and run the risk of cooking it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

What's the part number of the reliable radiator to use? I can't seem to find it in my searches. I'd rather have it all set up rigjt then rigged up

Welcome from Murrieta. My folks live in Hemet and I'm out there at least once a week. Hope to run some trails with you soon! Once PainRoller and FixItGuy move out there, we'll all be running trails like crazy. I'm sensing some camping nights at Toolbox Springs Yellow Post campsite up on Thomas Mountain in our future this summer. :)

Nice. I'm not familiar with the hills up there to much.. I've driving from Palm Desert to Hemet once,  Been to Pathfinder ranch and the stopped at Lake Hemet for a bit on my sport bike..  I got stung by a bee while ridding and was laid out..  Sucked. Couldn't stand or see.. Was a horrible experience.  Paramedics showed up and everything..  Thankfully I wasn't having any breathing issues..  Wife showed up with some benadryl and drove me home.  2 hours later I was awake and going to my hockey game in Riverside..  Got myself a shutout that game..  Now I carry an Epi pen and Benadryl with me while I ride "just in case"
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 09:04:01 AM by Spectre »
W6VIC

GreenGoon

• 4wd Pts: 38
    • SAS'd 2000 X
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2016, 01:06:00 PM »
Welcome from the High Desert. I wheel with some FS BKO guys from The Shop in Pomona. You'll love the X
WE6DGR

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 02:38:30 PM »
What's the part number of the reliable radiator to use? I can't seem to find it in my searches. I'd rather have it all set up rigjt then rigged up

I'm not 100% positive, you'd have to search a little bit.  However, it's my understanding that all new replacement radiators have been corrected.
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

Spectre

• 2007 Xterra
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2016, 04:16:57 PM »
I'm not 100% positive, you'd have to search a little bit.  However, it's my understanding that all new replacement radiators have been corrected.

I'll do some looking around.  I would love to assume that any new radiator you buy now has been corrected..  I'd love to have this all hooked up right and last for a long time.

Welcome from the High Desert. I wheel with some FS BKO guys from The Shop in Pomona. You'll love the X

Nice..  I used to go to the shop a long time ago..  I know Ed, Ron and Jason.. My wife still wears one of  "The Shop" T-shirts  I was going to do some work there but it never worked out. I always wondered what happened to them. I never see anything on their thread on Fullsizebronco.com
W6VIC

GreenGoon

• 4wd Pts: 38
    • SAS'd 2000 X
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2016, 06:50:50 PM »
Ron's my brother, they are still around, they just don't post online that much. We did my build at The Shop.
WE6DGR