Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: New trailer in the near future  (Read 6850 times)

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
New trailer in the near future
« on: March 07, 2019, 06:14:56 AM »
Many of you are familiar with the small trailer I have.  See this thread for build details:
http://www.sccxterra.com/smf/index.php?topic=4211.0

After the recent Desert Rendezvous, although the trailer did great, SWMBO has determined that we are to the point where we need a real trailer with a real bathroom.  So, I have been doing research and have narrowed it down to this:
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

http://www.forestriverinc.com/product-details.aspx?LineID=519&Image=25133&ModelID=3796#Main

It comes with 235/75R15 with a six-bolt pattern and 14 inches of ground clearance.  If possible, I want to stuff 285/75R16 with an Xterra bolt pattern, giving two more inches of clearance.

Prices I've found at dealers are in the 20k-24k range.

Now, clearly this isn't something I will take with me going up the Swansea trail to Cerro Gordo, but it could go to the vast majority of the places I want to go, then serve as a base camp for exploration.

As far as the little trailer goes, my youngest now has a Pro-4X Frontier, and he wants to put an RTT on top of the trailer and tow it with his truck.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Re: New trailer in the near future
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 06:47:57 AM »
I was wondering what you were going to settle on. That looks really nice and should give you some great options.
Isaiah 6:8

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 10:43:38 AM »
Nice! And with a GVWR of just 3400 lbs, that's a pretty good sized trailer for the weight!

I looked at a Flagstaff "E-Pro" version of this same trailer at my local RV dealer a few months ago (Forest River usually sells the same trailers under a few different names, with subtle differences). They're pretty darn nice. I went there to check out one of Forest River's Rockwood "Extreme Sports" model tent trailers, but they didn't have the model I was looking for. Forest River makes some great stuff.

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 11:14:52 AM »
They make a No Boundaries 10.5 that is like a lot of the teardrop off-road trailers, but under $15k.  It is a cute little rig - sleeping quarters, storage, slide out kitchen, 270 degree bat-wing awning, but no bathroom.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

JeffBett

• 4wd Pts: 26
    • 06 Xterra
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 01:42:45 PM »
Tony, I have a similar light weight travel trailer (TT) from another division of Forest River and spent a lot of time looking for the best setup for me.  If you are interested in coming over to check out my setup and I can let you know what I found important I would gladly help out.

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 07:26:33 AM »
Well we pulled the trigger and bought it yesterday.  I will be picking it up later this week after the dealer finishes the prep work.

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 07:32:31 AM »
Can't wait to see the Bromax Castle O0
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 03:58:13 PM »
Congrats Tony!

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 06:56:56 PM »
Happy wife, happy life. 

Well done Tony.

Cocktails at your camp!
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 09:55:12 AM »
Nice man!!! Congrats!!!!

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2019, 08:22:19 PM »
 How much beer does the fridge hold? Inquiring minds wish to know....
Isaiah 6:8

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2019, 09:22:24 PM »
How much beer does the fridge hold? Inquiring minds wish to know....

Don't know the exact capacity, but the freezer and fridge are separate compartments.  You can see it in the back of this picture:

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2019, 07:09:00 AM »
Dear god, that's as big as my first apartment.  You planning on taking that up to Cerro Gordo? ;) :D
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2019, 06:21:02 AM »
Brought it home yesterday! 

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2019, 09:22:38 AM »
Woo hoo! Sure looks gigantic behind the Xterra, but it looks like it tows easy. Not really sagging in the rear at all, but I think I remember you saying you have airbags so that makes sense.

Also, I'll just throw first dibs out there if your shift pod goes up for sale! :D