Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Need to get out!  (Read 14920 times)

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
Need to get out!
« on: March 29, 2021, 01:18:19 PM »
Anybody up for a weekend trip up to Pinyon Flats ro something similar?  I'm thinking the last weekend of April.  Let me know your thoughts.
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Re: Need to get out!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 11:03:52 PM »
Woody, sorry I just saw this post. What are you thinking? I'm saving some money for a big trip this summer but I can do something over a weekend. The desert is getting pretty hot but I'm open to suggestion, especially if your field blended margaritas are in to sweeten the deal.
Isaiah 6:8

CAWoody

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 08:32:17 AM »
I'm thinking somewhere local with trees.  I have never been to Pinyon Flats, it peaked my curiosity in Joe's post in October.  If that's not a good place this time of year then Holocom Valley Yellow post sites would be great.  By the end of April the snow should be gone.  The wife will be going so Margaritas are a must. If there are a few people interested (4+) then I can look into the group sites.

Celt

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 11:04:29 AM »
I think Pinyon Flats could be a great idea. I've never been there and would like to check it out especially before things start getting too hot.

CAWoody

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 11:31:54 AM »
That works for me.  I am waiting to hear about a business trip.  Once I have those dates we can firm up the trip.

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 03:45:41 PM »
Just got back from six days at Laguna campground.  We should be anxious to go by the end of April.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

Celt

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 06:11:38 PM »
I'll spin this to the family to try and get them from under the rock. Anyone know what the temperatures will be like there in a couple weeks? I'm not super worried just need to plan on how much ice I need to bring to keep the beverages cool and refreshing.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2021, 03:55:20 PM »
Pardon my ignorance, but where is Pinyon Flats? Are you talking about the campground off of Highway 74 in the Santa Rosa Mountains?

CAWoody

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2021, 05:20:38 PM »
Pardon my ignorance, but where is Pinyon Flats? Are you talking about the campground off of Highway 74 in the Santa Rosa Mountains?

You are correct. Pinyon Flats is a campground near the exit to the trail you were planning last October.  Igothe name stuck in my head.  What was that trail?  Santa Rosa Truck trail?  I just remember seeing a yellow post site a few miles in.  If you still have those coordinates can you share them, it would be greatly appreciated. I do expect you and your clan to be there.

CAWoody

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2021, 05:26:14 PM »
Just found it.  It is the Santa Rosa Yellow Post Site.  Googlemaps has a recent picture and it shows patches of snow on the ground.  This location is Southwest of Pinyon Pines.

https://goo.gl/maps/grrtdDyc1s7rhRf38

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2021, 09:54:00 PM »
Having been on that recon with Joe, I think our best bet is the Stump Springs campground.  More room and less wind.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

CAWoody

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2021, 07:24:33 AM »
Stump Springs it is.  I got my travel schedule and I will be gone 4/26-4/30.  So I think I will be hitting the trail on Friday 4/23 until 4/25.  If anybody wants join us, the more the merrier.

Here is the location: https://goo.gl/maps/DcqVhQt7wTY7bTGq9

I will be heading out early Friday to make sure I can get a spot.  The blender will be spinnin' by 3:00 starting off the weekend with a bang.

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2021, 07:45:23 AM »
We will try to take off by noon on Friday.  Should take us about three hours to get up there towing the Dominator.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2021, 08:55:45 PM »
OK, we'll plan to be there. The wife just confirmed that we don't have other plans that weekend. I'll be working until 3:00 pm that day, but it's only an hour drive for us, so we'll be there around 4:00 or 4:30.

Celt

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2021, 07:57:44 PM »
I'm somewhat juggling schedules with this. Hopefully I can jump on board with those dates.