Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: 8/22-23 Big Bear...  (Read 55731 times)

Goldfish

• 4wd Pts: 16
Re: 8/22-23 Big Bear...
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2009, 05:05:53 PM »
Here are some pictures from Sunday. Heartbreak Ridge.
Don

Kill the headlights and put it in neutral.

ultrapc40

• 4wd Pts: 47
  • Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2009, 05:09:05 PM »
Dang I should of stayed for day 2.  That look like fun.  I will have to hit that trail after the rear suspension is done :)

XterracerX

• 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2009, 08:41:11 PM »
Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing! MORE! MORE! MORE!  ;)
Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst!

xtoolbox

• 4wd Pts: 10
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2009, 08:57:23 PM »
Yeah thanks to everyone that participated for the great times  :)

Weather was nice & clear for the most part, trails fun, very interesting quite ghost campsite we found with views & tight creek side trail, fantastic meat cookout, beautiful starlight night that was warmer then predicted, great company & conversations all around ;D

My truck was running great all weekend until the cosmic forces of the heartbreak ridge rock garden squeeze suddenly caused the truck to sound anemic, idle very low (<500rpm) and stall out unless the RPMS where keep up past 1.5k while gassing.   No CEL lights, checked out MAF, all the wiring on the plugs, etc everything looked normal.   More we climbed the less power I had & more I had to gas it to keep from stalling.   After we cleared the hardest rock garden sections near the start of the very steep shale part we headed back down since I had doubt I had the power to climb any higher and stalled about 5x in the rock garden.   Still not sure what the problem was yet, on the way home I has lower on power even on the highway for about 30 minutes or so until about the 5k mark then things improved somewhat and by the time I got home it was almost back to normal. Almost like the computer or one of the sensors was on the fritz?

AV Xterra

• 4wd Pts: 7
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2009, 08:59:23 PM »
Nice pictures Denise
I eat other peoples food.  It's a sickness.

boats

« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2009, 09:16:28 PM »
Yeah thanks to everyone that participated for the great times  :)

Weather was nice & clear for the most part, trails fun, very interesting quite ghost campsite we found with views & tight creek side trail, fantastic meat cookout, beautiful starlight night that was warmer then predicted, great company & conversations all around ;D

My truck was running great all weekend until the cosmic forces of the heartbreak ridge rock garden squeeze suddenly caused the truck to sound anemic, idle very low (<500rpm) and stall out unless the RPMS where keep up past 1.5k while gassing.   No CEL lights, checked out MAF, all the wiring on the plugs, etc everything looked normal.   More we climbed the less power I had & more I had to gas it to keep from stalling.   After we cleared the hardest rock garden sections near the start of the very steep shale part we headed back down since I had doubt I had the power to climb any higher and stalled about 5x in the rock garden.   Still not sure what the problem was yet, on the way home I has lower on power even on the highway for about 30 minutes or so until about the 5k mark then things improved somewhat and by the time I got home it was almost back to normal. Almost like the computer or one of the sensors was on the fritz?

My Command Master Chief had a similar problem. He ended up taking it to the Dealer where they reset his computer or something to that effect.

ultrapc40

• 4wd Pts: 47
  • Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2009, 09:36:45 PM »
sounds like a mass air flow sensor issue it happend to me.  Try swaping one in from another truck before you buy a new one.

Soylent Yellow

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 5254
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2009, 10:21:30 PM »
I'm glad to see Yellow was represented out there.  Thanks Guy, Dan. ;D
I'd rather be happy than right any day.

xperienced

• 4wd Pts: 0
  • Glamis wall ride- all stock
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2009, 10:28:12 AM »
wwoooww, cool run guys!

AV Xterra

« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2009, 07:43:55 PM »
I'm glad to see Yellow was represented out there.  Thanks Guy, Dan. ;D
And there was that other guy with a Yellow X who's name escapes me. He did the first half of Saturday's run.

boats

« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2009, 08:20:24 PM »
And there was that other guy with a Yellow X who's name escapes me. He did the first half of Saturday's run.
That guys name was Alex. Realy nice guy.

AV Xterra

« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2009, 08:28:27 PM »
That guys name was Alex. Realy nice guy.
Yeah, that's the guy. Thanks.

FrankB

« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2009, 08:54:39 PM »
Nice pictures Denise

Ah, I should have known. Sorry Denise, I earlier complimented Don on the great photos. In any event, they turned out nice,compliments to you both (or just Denise if Don had no part in it).

Goldfish

• 4wd Pts: 16
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2009, 06:21:13 AM »
Out of 300 or more pictures I might of taken 2, so she deserves the credit. She is really enjoying her camera. Paul and Dan were teaching her how to take pictures of the stars Saturday night.
Don

Kill the headlights and put it in neutral.

Bobby B.

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2009, 08:04:08 PM »
Looks like good times everyone. 
I like sammiches.  And bacon.  Sammiches with bacon.  And chips.  Lots of chips.