Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Winter Mojave Road 2020  (Read 44371 times)

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
Re: Winter Mojave Road 2020
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2019, 09:12:05 PM »
Sign Jordan up, too.

I'll convince him it's a good idea by January.
YEAH BOY  >:D
( I'll Help You )
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2019, 06:49:55 AM »
YEAH BOY  >:D
( I'll Help You )

With a Canadian friend helping you, what could possibly go wrong...........
Isaiah 6:8

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2019, 08:39:34 PM »
I guess I can make time from my busy schedule...
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2019, 02:14:27 PM »
My youngest son, Dylan (aka DangerWillRob) would like to join us with his Frontier Pro4x.  He can carry the old railroad ties for the mega fire jenga.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2019, 02:24:38 PM »
^^^^^^NICE^^^^^^
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Celt

« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2019, 03:28:29 PM »
My youngest son, Dylan (aka DangerWillRob) would like to join us with his Frontier Pro4x.  He can carry the old railroad ties for the mega fire jenga.

Shouldn't we call him creosote wagon then?

x4dblduty

• 4wd Pts: 2
    • 2006 Off Road Granite
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2019, 07:54:44 PM »
Will be my first time with the group, but yeah, excited sign me up!  Looking forward. Will there be tons of mud like that 2018 trip with Rogue, and will I need a snorkel, don't have one?

Celt

« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2019, 08:38:54 PM »
Will be my first time with the group, but yeah, excited sign me up!  Looking forward. Will there be tons of mud like that 2018 trip with Rogue, and will I need a snorkel, don't have one?

You are added to the list. As to the mud it's very difficult to say as that depends largely upon how much rain there is next winter. Either way it will not be like the 2018 run because we are bypassing Soda Lake as it's just too dangerous in the winter and caustic to the vehicles. You definitely will not need a snorkel. In the first post I set the general requirements and they are few. If you have further questions it's fine to ask as I want to make sure everyone going is as prepared as necessary. This trip is a whole lot of fun and has thus far been very successful with the great folks that go.

Celt

« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2019, 08:42:54 PM »
 Since were getting a good sized group I would like to try and get a head count for those who are planning on staying over in Laughlin the evening we come off the trail. I'm going to start working on locking down the reservations with the group rate. Jayrat spoke to me about leading a group to the Lava Tubes on the first night so we would split the group for those who wish to see them while the rest of us secure the campsite. The other question I wanted to pose to those going is do we want to push through to the NY mountains on the first day of travel and stay there two days? If we did that everyone would have to be up and moving early, probably with lunch etc on the run. The lava tube trip breaking into two groups is still very doable but I think they would be about an hour behind getting into camp. As a contingency there is the flat area with the cattle corral before Beale Mtn. camp spot. That would be very wind protected but much tighter in sleeping arrangements.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 09:12:36 PM by Celt »

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2019, 04:33:59 PM »
My 2 cents:
I am willing to 'guard' the camp while others do the tube.
I don't like getting up early for any reason, especially in the cold  :o :'(
I will roll with the flow  ;)
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

SCUBA_Dale

• 4wd Pts: 39
    • 2015 Xterra Pro-4x
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2019, 01:55:45 PM »
In my opinion, I think it might be a feat to get that many people to NY Mt. In one day.  If this is the way we end up going, I still would recommend going our traditional route.  Last year we skipped Jackass Canyon and rode the rail line all the way to Kelso.  While it was nice avoiding the whoops, it took a lot of fun out of the trip.  We left around 9am, and made it to camp around 2 if I remember correctly. 

If we split the group up, I can help Jay with the lava tubes.

In preparation of the trip, I ordered this for our place at the mailbox.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2019, 02:25:22 PM »
In my opinion, I think it might be a feat to get that many people to NY Mt. In one day.  If this is the way we end up going, I still would recommend going our traditional route.  Last year we skipped Jackass Canyon and rode the rail line all the way to Kelso.  While it was nice avoiding the whoops, it took a lot of fun out of the trip.  We left around 9am, and made it to camp around 2 if I remember correctly. 

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Very Cool making the mark at the mailbox, I'll bring JB Weld

If you could help with the Lava Tubes, it would be great ( depending on Weather)
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

Celt

« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2019, 04:06:11 PM »
I'll bring JB Weld

A man after my own heart! If J.B. Weld can't fix it can't nuthin fix it.

Celt

« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2019, 04:18:01 PM »

I'm already leaning closer to not trying to make the NY mountains on the first night. It is a big group and we would have to be up and moving very early. I want to go through Jackass canyon and not circumvent that. That route also gives us a few outs in case the winds are really bad to find a more suitable and sheltered spot than Beale Mtn. As I remember it there is a platform which looks like an old mine along the north end of the Mtn that might provide a little more shelter but I've never been up there to check it out and see if it's suitable for a large group. I'm sure we can send a scout out there while waiting on the lava tubes crew to rejoin everyone. While the trip is still a ways out I'm getting excited as this trip is always a lot of fun!

G.B.H.

• 4wd Pts: -21
    • 08 xterra se
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2019, 07:03:03 PM »
Lava tubes and Laughlin for me. Anything that makes me wake up early should be avoided Imo.
G.B.H.