Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Salton Sea Road Trip 03/28/09  (Read 18893 times)

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
Re: Salton Sea Road Trip 03/28/09
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2009, 10:41:37 AM »
The Huell Howser segment was actually about the sculptures in Borrego Springs, they're not at the Salton Sea. You can go see the sculptures without any worries about about running over dead fish in the mud.

The Anthony Bourdain episode was amusing too.  He went to the Ski Inn in Bombay Beach.  I'm not sure I would eat there.  Bourdain also stopped at the Shields date farm in Indio on that trip.

Yep, great episode by AB.  The Sex Life of a Date, great marketing.  Pretty cool job, drive around in a new X6 BMW, eat great food, and make sarcastic and witty dialogue along the way.  Where do I apply for that job?  ::)  He also visited a missile silo in Arizona that is now a tour through museum, with an acutal Titan missle still stored there.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

GUANO

• 4wd Pts: 4
Re: Salton Sea Road Trip 03/28/09
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2009, 03:35:38 PM »
I got stuck right on the South Side of Bombay Beach, and actually had to walk over to that cafe by the campground for assistance, lucky it was still open because I didn't want to go door-to-door over there asking somone for a come-along to winch me out.