Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: T-boned - In need of collision repair shop for frame, suspension, sliders, etc.  (Read 3007 times)

Boondock

• 4wd Pts: 2
    • 2010 Nissan Xterra S
The other day I was t-boned by a driver making an unprotected left turn. My Shrockworks rock sliders ate most of the impact but a portion of it was bent and pierced.

Does anyone know of a collision shop in the Orange County area that can fix or replace sliders and ensure my frame and suspension lift is good to go? I know some shops don't work with aftermarket parts so any recommendations would be very much appreciated.

ultrapc40

• 4wd Pts: 47
  • Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
their insurance company should cover it. They will have to buy you. Ew aliders

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
yea, new sliders and repair any other damage, their insurance foots the bill. 

I would visit a few shops to get quotes for the damage.  Have the other person's insurance mail you the check.  fix the damage and replace the sliders.

Did they hit anywhere other than the slider?  If not the suspension should be fine, I would be worried about the side hit bending the frame but all depends on how severe the hit was. 

Sometimes the shops will get a little overzealous, my friend had his airbags go off in his frontier, they replaced the whole frame because of a small scratch done by a rock. 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 09:39:03 AM by knightrider »
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

Boondock

• 4wd Pts: 2
    • 2010 Nissan Xterra S
I called a ton of shops yesterday and some said they would do paint, body and frame work if needed but contract out for the rest. Didn't seem like a lot of shops would be able to verify if my suspension, UCA's, were fine unless something was off during alignment. I found a collision shop recommended by Outlaw Offroad in South OC and will be dropping it off. Thanks all!