Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: goneMOAB 2012!!!!  (Read 15989 times)

shi819

• 4wd Pts: 17
Re: goneMOAB 2012!!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2012, 08:56:51 PM »
Nice post Nick, and well said.

He is right Chris, you are LUCKY to have Nick and Shi leading the Tuesday run.  They will make it fun for everyone, and the views on this trail are epic. 

Plus, some of the more modified trucks are on this run and will probably run Wipe Out Hill towards the end (this is optional) of the trail, and an impressive display of driving skill for sure.

Awww... it will be a lot of fun. Seven Mile is pretty cool.
~Shi

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2012, 02:44:12 AM »
I have hefty rock sliders, front bumper and rad skid....which I dented at rattlesnake canyon. I will have to remember to remove my mud flaps. I have done quite a bit of scraping of the undercarriage and I do it without fear. I will definately need an alignment after this which is why I invested in a lifetime alignment right after I bought my X.

Chris...I sent you a PM over at thenewx.org...we have a condo bed available in Utah if you are interested.  PM me here or there.  Your room mates would be myself, Nick & Shiloh, and Dennis Kamell (from Colorado).  The twin bed is available from Saturday the 19th through Sunday the 26th.

Let me know if you are interested.

DannyX is out, looks like a work thing.  :(
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

shi819

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2012, 08:23:52 AM »
Chris...I sent you a PM over at thenewx.org...we have a condo bed available in Utah if you are interested.  PM me here or there.  Your room mates would be myself, Nick & Shiloh, and Dennis Kamell (from Colorado).  The twin bed is available from Saturday the 19th through Sunday the 26th.

Let me know if you are interested.

DannyX is out, looks like a work thing.  :(

Danny is out? :( We promise to keep the snoring minimal :P
~Shi

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2012, 11:55:28 AM »
Danny is out? :( We promise to keep the snoring minimal :P

Yes, something about a base issue, so not totally sure?

There is a slim chance that he will still make it, but for now he asked me to see about someone else taking his spot.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

DannyX

• 4wd Pts: 23
  • "LIKE" Me on Facebook.
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2012, 08:33:23 PM »
Yeah, Sorry guys but it is not looking good. I still might be able to make it but its a long shot! John, I will let you know if anything changes but for now its probably a no go. Pretty upset about it!!I was really looking forward to this trip
"LIKE" Me on Facebook.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2012, 05:01:31 PM »
Yeah, Sorry guys but it is not looking good. I still might be able to make it but its a long shot! John, I will let you know if anything changes but for now its probably a no go. Pretty upset about it!!I was really looking forward to this trip

Danny...I am taking my son, so you still have the option to use the bed.  Worst case scenario, you no go, I give Dennis (Orco59) my queen bed, and give Alex (my son) the other twin and we bunk together in the twin room.

Best case scenario...you still make it, you and Dennis room together, and Alex and I bunk together in the queen room.

Let me know when you are for sure out, and I will scrape together your room refund (minus the $50 transfer fee  :P) and shoot it to you via PayPal.
KD6DCI

shi819

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2012, 06:25:31 PM »

There is always next year. :)
~Shi

Alpine Spirit

• 4wd Pts: 2
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2012, 10:22:14 AM »
Kev
Locked, Swapped & Chopped

Snoopy

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2012, 09:11:41 PM »
We plan on attending as well! We will be driving south from Salt Lake City.

We have some concerns however... mostly to do with the late registration and the trails that are already full. I've never been a fan of LA on the trail so we plan on staying off the same trails that are being run by GoneMoab events. Anyone interested is doing runs off the beaten path without the crowds?

In addition, we plan on running south to Monument Valley later in the week to do some trails out there.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2012, 11:39:20 AM »
We plan on attending as well! We will be driving south from Salt Lake City.

We have some concerns however... mostly to do with the late registration and the trails that are already full. I've never been a fan of LA on the trail so we plan on staying off the same trails that are being run by GoneMoab events. Anyone interested is doing runs off the beaten path without the crowds?

In addition, we plan on running south to Monument Valley later in the week to do some trails out there.

By "LA" are you meaning "LA Traffic" as in "crowded trails?"

If you can't make the trails because they are full, try to attend some of the social events (Show N' Shine) in the evenings.

Hope to meet you and see you there!

John, GhostX
KD6DCI

Snoopy

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2012, 06:11:41 PM »
By "LA" are you meaning "LA Traffic" as in "crowded trails?"

Yea, sorry about the confusion. We plan on arriving Sunday and will stay in the Moab area until Wednesday or Thursday. See you there!

BTW, we have been away from California for the past two years but we are returning to Ventura, CA in June. We are looking forward to getting back into SCCX runs.

Cheers,
Travis

FrankB

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2012, 08:33:25 PM »
Yea, sorry about the confusion. We plan on arriving Sunday and will stay in the Moab area until Wednesday or Thursday. See you there!

BTW, we have been away from California for the past two years but we are returning to Ventura, CA in June. We are looking forward to getting back into SCCX runs.

Cheers,
Travis

Welcome back Travis (and also to your family). Hope you guys are all doing well. Were you up in Washington?

Snoopy

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2012, 11:21:40 AM »
Welcome back Travis (and also to your family). Hope you guys are all doing well. Were you up in Washington?
Thanks! We are really looking forward to some sunny weather of Southern California; something we missed while up north near the Seattle area.

Bobby B.

• BOD
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2012, 05:49:06 PM »
Travis, good to hear from you!  Hope you and yours are well.
I like sammiches.  And bacon.  Sammiches with bacon.  And chips.  Lots of chips.

Snoopy

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2012, 09:51:22 PM »
We made it! Our plan is to do Fins and Things in the morning followed by Arches NP. Maybe we can meet up on the trail or for dinner?