Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Fire restrictions lifted  (Read 3249 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Fire restrictions lifted
« on: November 19, 2015, 09:13:01 PM »
I got this from the AAT forums and thought I would pass it along to everyone:

San Bernardino, Calif., November 9, 2015 With recent rain across the southland, forest officials on the San Bernardino National Forest reduce fire restrictions effective Friday November 13, 2015.

As a result of lowering the fire restrictions, visitors may have wood and charcoal fires in agency-provided campfire rings at campgrounds, picnic areas and yellow post sites. Recreational target shooting is permitted within designated sites and public shooting ranges.  We ask the public to always call ahead and check conditions, since conditions do change, whether it's a winter storm or Santa Ana wind conditions, said Forest Supervisor Jody Noiron.

Current fire restriction and guidelines in effect on the San Bernardino National Forest are as follows:

Wood and charcoal campfires are allowed only in developed campgrounds, picnic areas and Yellow Post campsites within agency-provided fire rings or designated stoves.
 Campfire permits are required for propane and gas stoves and lanterns used outside of developed recreation sites.
 Recreational shooting is limited to designated sites and public shooting ranges operated under special use permit only, except those engaged in legal hunting.
 An approved spark arrester is required for any internal combustion engine operated on designated forest routes. These include chainsaws, generators, motorcycles, and off-highway vehicles.
 Smoking is limited to enclosed vehicles, developed recreation sites and areas cleared of vegetation, three feet in diameter.
 Fireworks are always prohibited on the San Bernardino National Forest. Tracer, armor piercing, steel core, and Teflon ammunitions are also prohibited, as is discharging a firearm at any exploding target.

For more information, please call your local forest office at:

Big Bear Discovery Center 909-382-2790

Front Country Ranger Station 909-382-2851

San Jacinto Ranger Station 909-382-2922

Mill Creek Visitor Center 909-382-2882

Santa Rosa & San Jacinto Mountains National Monument 760-862-9984
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 12:04:21 AM by knightrider »
Isaiah 6:8

Toro

• 4wd Pts: 126
  • yep, Dos XX and Chipotle
Re:
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 05:17:24 AM »
"The mountains are calling, and I must go"
 JM

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
Re: Fire restrictions lifted
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 05:54:18 AM »
Yay... just in time for most of the seasonal campgrounds to already be closed.  :-[

I was really hoping we'd see them lifted before CANVAZ. Stupid drought.

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 09:45:17 AM »
Holcomb Valley Yellow Post.

We can camp in the snow! 
Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

nomad27

• 4wd Pts: 2
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 01:02:28 PM »
How are the yellow post sites?  I have never been but seems right up my alley...